Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

on 3/4/2015 12:23:00 AM

If you are pinching your pennies or new to makeup, this is a great shadow to start with or have on hand. As many have said, it is great for brow bone, inner eye/tear duct, etc..

I know many say this is a dupe for Mac Brulee, and to some small extent I guess this is true.

However for me, the fallout on this is terrible. This to me is chalky as all get-out, and even the gentlest swipe on the product sends eyeshadow dust everywhere. And to me, it looks chalky on me, no matter how much blending I do. Until I basically blend it away, and then what is the point..?

If you are willing to work with this, or you have no issues with this, great.
But to me I would rather find a better brown bone shade or even invest in the Mac Brulee. I just am not a fan of using cheap products on/near my eyes, esp ones with this much fall-out...I do not wear contacts, but still do not want eyeshadow dust in my eyes.

This is a perfect everyday shadow. It's neutral and just a little shimmery. It goes on super smooth and lasts all day with some primer. For 99 cents it's great for those days that I don't feel like doing up my eyes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this little eyeshadow so freakin' much. It's generally only $1 wherever you find it, if not less, and it's the perfect shadow to blend out other colors with or to hide discoloration on the lid if you're going for a natural approach. I buy it, though, to set my concealer underneath my eyes or otherwise. (NW20, for reference, but this would be a good neutral for all). For this purpose, it's incredible. It doesn't crease, it's pigmented enough to add to any coverage that's already there, and it lasts. Blends like a dream, too, it's actually pretty creamy for a powder. I'll buy these as long as Wet N' Wild has them. After that, I'll probably cry while I write them a strongly-worded letter.

All in all - best dollar you can spend in makeup.

on 1/23/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What can I say that has not already been said? It's an outstanding value for an eye shadow of this quality! It's soft, creamy and not chalky. I paid $,99 for it. Crazy affordable!! It is almost an exact dupe of Urban Decay's WOS/Walk of Shame. I think Brulee is a tad deeper/darker than WOS but darned if I can tell the difference when it's applied. If you're looking for a neutral, light beige color by all means give Brulee a try.

on 1/17/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

99, ladies! It's creamy and highly pigmented, with sleek packaging. Love this as a base color or as an allover lid wash on casual days when I'm running errands.
Not much else to say that hasn't been said already. Believe the hype, splurge on the $1 and enjoy!

on 11/19/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

There's nothing more to say that everyone hasn't already. I love this shadow, and it's the perfect creamy all over "base" shadow for before I begin any of my eyeshadow steps. Perfect for my skintone, and I would assume for darker skintones it would be a lovely matte cream highlight.

on 11/15/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Fantastic color for blending out crease colors. I use this color every day. Use a little on your browbone and blend towards the crease. Makes a beautiful, soft effect. My HG!!

on 11/9/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this shadow!
I bought this with the Panther (black) color, and was absolutely in love! The pigment is really nice, it goes on smooth, and I haven't noticed any fallout issues.

I am, almost exclusively, looking for matte colors, and it's hard to find good ones that don't cost the price of rent (ok, maybe there's a slight exaggeration happening there). These single shadows are only 99 cents!

The downside? Not nearly enough colors.We need more! :)

on 11/9/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This 99 cent eyeshadow is amazing. I use it as a primer on my eyelids. It is matte, but allows any shadow I put over it to blend so much better. I have purchased a backup because I do not want to be without this.

on 11/8/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

How do you profess a love for an e/s. Well let me tell you this one is a "jewel." I have tried many brand from HE to DS and my stash is large and vast. I tried this one on a whim when they first came out and it performs like a diamond. I used this to prep my eyelids before I put on e/s to kind of blank out fine veins, and brighten up my eyes. I have even used it to set my concealer under my eye and it just "works." Recently Walgreens ran and 60 cent sale on certain items and I picked up back-ups of this little baby. I works as well maybe not better for me than MAC's vanilla e/s. Try the WnW e/s singles they don't disappoint. And the price point is outstanding.