October 20, 2014 | 893 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure - Gray by Gray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color is gorgeous, a lovely slate blue gray. I cannot stand the short, stumpy, uneven bristled brush. It makes neat application impossible.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

This color is a medium dark blue with a grayish tinge. I really liked the color, and it was flattering with my Asian skin tone. The one thing I didn't like was that it chipped a bit on the 3rd day even though I had used top coat. Otherwise I would've rated it as a 5. I am used to tip wear but not chipping with most polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought Gray by Gray for $6.50 at Walmart. (The price has been lowered to $6 since). It's a very pretty and unique polish. It goes on more blue than the color in the bottle. "Gray by Gray" may not be the best name for it actually.. It looks more blue than gray especially in natural light (I added a picture). It's perfect for fair skin, but I'm sure it would look great for any skin tone.

I have no complaints when it comes to the packaging. The glass bottle is attractive and I love the shape. The rubber ring, at the base of the brush, is a useful innovation. It helpful when opening the bottle and while holding the brush while applying the polish. The brush itself is flat and rounded a bit. It's my overall favorite brush of any brand. It holds a lot of product, so be sure to wipe off the extras before you apply, but it's easy to use and takes some time off of the process.

The formula is almost perfect. It has a great consistency. Not too watery or messy and it dries quickly. It's also DBP, toluene and formaldehyde free (Big plus!). Gray by Gray dried faster than the other two CSM polishes I have and had absolutely no shine to it. It goes on very flat and matte, but a glossy top coat easily fixes that. With a good top coat, the polish lasts for close to a week with slight wear on the tips after about 4 days.

The Complete Salon Manicure polishes from Sally Hansen are by far the best drugstore polishes available. For $6 they are also the best value. I will be buying more polishes from this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

'Gray by Gray'? No, this polish is definitely not grey. It's more of a blue-toned teal colour with a slight grey undertone. It's very pretty and was quite easy to apply; two coats and it was opaque drying to a creme finish. Didn't have problems with streaks or patches. I've tried a couple of the Complete Salon Manicure polishes and they're pretty great quality for the price. Would definitely check out more shades from this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Alesangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually only go with OPI or China Glaze and Essie but tried this on a whim in the store. It's a great color but I abhor the fat brush. I have long natural nails and the brush isn't easier to use but cumbersome. Sally really needs to get rid of them. Other than that, this is a great color- very complimentary to both pale and darker skin tones I do believe. Since it seems many are having a problem with the lasting power, I'd recommend a Top Coat of Seche Vite. I think the $7 price I paid is a bit much for a drugstore brand. oh well, guess they had to up the price for the change in the brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Gothkenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The color of this nail polish is beyond amazing. It is one of my top five favorite colors and I would wear it EVERY day if the formula was improved. It's thick, gunky, and peels off of my nail if it gets run under any water or gets bumped, etc. The brush was awkward and made it hard to apply the correct amount of product as well. Overall, it gets a three, just because the color is SO d*mn beautiful! For the price you pay though, it's worth it to find a dupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by PookieT

A great polish no doubt, a fab color. However, It was 7 dollars and OPI is only a dollar more. I also find that this is rather thick, and am expecting somewhat of a shorter shelf life than most. Get rid of the fat brush, it's throwing me off.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

I really love this nailpolish! It's such a beautiful color and it looks like a professional manicure after two coats and a Seche Viete topcoat!
I bought this because it almost exactly matched a color on a dress I own to a T, and it looked great with it.
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I think the color looks a bit more like a dusty blue than a gray, regardless, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was such an exciting find for me. MAC's Blue India is my favorite blue polish, but it wears terribly. SH Gray by Gray is so similar to Blue India in that it literally makes my heart smile (okay...not literally, but I'm definitely smiling). It lasts a few days without chipping. Not much better than Blue India, but oh well. At $6 with tax, I consider it expensive for a drugstore polish, but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by minyuette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's like old blue jeans for your nails! I can't stop looking at them, this is my new go-to color, worn on it's own or under special effects topcoats. Love it!