October 24, 2014 | 1188 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Karelle3130

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

'' excuse my bad english i'm french * The packaging is cute , the primer does what it says ; Minimize the size of pores , leaving a matte finish . I putted it under my foundation , after 3 hours my makeup slipped off out of my face .. and I do not have have oily skin . That was horrible I had to remove it at school ! It never happened to me before . I applied less , I used this for about 4 days and it totaly broke me out ! It's the first time it happens to me and I'm sad because it was pricy and I had high hopes for this primer .. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by MissCeCe

I love this primer but only under certain foundations. When I use it under my nearly naked liquid foundation or any powder foundation, it works wonders! My face looks airbrused. I tried it under my MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation and my foundation looks very cakey. I have oily skin and it doesn't control oil but according to the description, it's not supposed to control oil. And it's too thick to wear alone on my dark skin. Would I purchase it again? Probably not.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product was very average! Firstly, it does apply nicely and smoothly to the face. However I didn’t notice a significant change in the preservation of my makeup with this product; that is the main reason I will not buy it again. Also, it comes in a very small quantity and I went through it quite quickly. I would recommend searching for a better face primer!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by cmback

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried to primer 3 times now. I wonder if I am applying too much. But so far I am not impressed. It is thick and doesn't work well under my foundation.
It conceals the lines and pores. But when I apply my foundation (expensive Lancôme foundation), it leaves a thick appearance on my skin. When I apply the pressed powder on top, it makes me look like a clown with a thick, smearing appearance.
I will try less tomorrow, but I wouldn't buy it again.
I would look for a primer which is smooth and glossy like ones I have tried in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this base! I use it as a primer under my foundation and by itself. It does what it says: reduces size of pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, etc. The product has a soft, plush, creamy, pillowy texture that smoothly glides onto the skin. A little goes a long way! I only need a small, light dab of my finger tip into the jar to get the right amount. It dries with a smooth, soft, matte texture that is easy to apply foundation over. It keeps my liquid foundation lasting all day. It makes me feel better about my large pores because it shrinks them to almost nothing! I don't have many wrinkles. The only ones I have are very thin wrinkles on my forehead, but those seem to vanish along with my pores. It doesn't make my dry patches stand out; it actually makes them less noticeable. I love this stuff. It really is magic!
Pictures of before and after: http://img.makeupalley.com/2/3/1/0/2647488.JPG

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG primer!! This really smoothes my skin out and covers pores beautifully and evens my skin tone. Makes make up application easy. I've tried high end primers like Laura Mercier and that didn't do anything for me. This is more affordable. I always get it with a coupon at CVS. Cvs also has a knock off version of this stuff but I haven't tried it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Hibiscusaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off this is a really great primer. It does a great job at filling and blurring out my fine lines, wrinkles, and pores. What I do is get a pea-sized amount of product and sort of rub it (melt the product a little bit) with my pointer finger, then press it into my pores, fine lines, and wrinkles then smooth it out all over my face. I let it set for 30 sec and then apply my foundation. It really does help keep my foundation on longer, as well as blurring out my imperfections. I would definitely repurchase this item as I like it more then my Benefit Porefessional, Lancome La Base, or Dr. Brandt Pores No More. I haven't had any breakouts or crazy reactions to this product as well which is a plus.

The only downside is the packaging and the price tag. It is also a little thicker than most primers to the point where you may need a little more extra time to work the product in. But overall a must have for my makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by rowanj13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The good thing about this product is that it does work instantly to smooth lines and hide pores... But it broke me out! I used it only in my t-zone and after a few straight days of use, I broke out in clusters of tiny pimples around my nose and on my forehead.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by yeseniareyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first base I've ever tried and I'm absolutely loving it! I don't even use foundation this covered all my imperfections, but I do have normal skin but I do break out from time to time, perfect for the summer when you don't want to use foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really gave this a good try, used it for awhile, as I kept hearing all these rave reviews on it. I really did not like it at all. It definitely didn't make my makeup last longer, & actually I thought it made it almost slide off, if that makes any sense. Like it just seemed to leave a slick on my face, & I have dry skin, so it's not like my skin is oily. And it definitely isn't cheap, it's like $13 at the drugstore. I've tried primers that cost half that that performed way better. I wasn't crazy about the packaging either-I prefer either a pump or a tube that you squeeze, just seems like it's less convenient & less hygenic when it's in a jar. Definitely not for me