February 28, 2015 | 1543 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2015 12:28:00 PM More reviews by viciousvices

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted a primer that would keep me matte and fill in my pores, so I thought I'd go through a bunch of drugstore ones first before I splurged on a high-end one.

*Price: Ridiculous, especially in Canada. It varies from store to store but it's still too expensive, considering what it does (and doesn't do).
*Packaging: An unhygienic little pot. The fact that it's glass is nice I suppose, because you can see how much product you have left.
*Product: It's a whitish pink thick sort of gel consistency. It's bizarre, I don't know how to describe it. By now I've tried a dozen primers and I don't know what I could compare this to. It doesn't have an offensive smell but it does leave a sort of white/pale pink cast over your face.
*Positives: It does fill in the pores and it does slightly help keep me matte for longer. Which is a miracle, because I have the worlds oiliest nose, and there's nothing on God's green earth that change that. When I use this under Covergirl 3 in 1, I look flawless for about five hours. Somehow those two products work like peanut butter and jelly together.
*Negatives: Incredibly thick. So, so, so thick. You can definitely feel that it's on your face. I can't get past the fact that when you try to spread it out, if you don't rub it in exceptionally well, it kind of balls up into little white crumbly crumbs. Past six hours of wear, it settles INTO the pores, and I have an issue where my foundation doesn't last on my nose, so once the foundation is gone, all you can see is little white spots all over my nose from where this primer has settled.

I want to like this product, but I can't get over the heaviness of it on my face. I know I can find a high-end primer that feels light and conceals my pores and I'm willing to pay the extra money for that. That, and it looks awful after a long day because it pools in my pores and makes them even more visible. If you don't have the same problem with foundation not lasting that I do, and you don't mind a heavier primer, this might be great for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2015 6:02:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for around three months, and still find that I have more than half of a jar left. As a mature woman at age 41, I don't find this primer to be drying at all, so long as I moisturize properly first. I have mostly dry skin, but with occasional combination-type oil along my nose and forehead. Although I only use this in my T-Zone, I think it would work well for oilier complexions to use it elsewhere also. I've been using this under my Jane Iredale pressed powder foundation, and I find that I can get by with only one blotting around midday, and this primer prevents me from having to perform any touch-ups of my powder. I love the tiny jar, which fits nicely in amongst my other daily-use cosmetics (and they change all the time, but this primer stays permanently in my rotation!) I know that a lot of ladies find the jar unsanitary, but I truly feel that as long as my hands are freshly washed, there is no detriment to the product or my skin by dipping my fingertip in and applying. I find tube products to be rather wasteful, as you can never get all of the product out unless you finally end up cutting open the tube at the end of its life.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 10:53:00 PM More reviews by choux

It's a bit pricy, but it feels so nice on my oily skin. I like to use it under my eyes and on my nose. It doesn't last very long though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 9:28:00 AM More reviews by eggbuttz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually try to use this product over my uneven skin, considering I do get acne quite often. It doesn't really help to cover anything and it also doesn't smooth out rough spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Lovedby2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Once you learn to let this glide on top of your shin and not thickly put it on, it is fantastic! i have tried other primers prior to this and they don't hold a candle. Non greasy, smooth and silky, it gives an added beauty to your foundation. I am 59 with a lot of discoloration to my skin. This does not conceal but evens out your skin tone. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Christina09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this 3 lippies because I'm undecided on this product.

Pros:
~ texture (similar to smashbox)
~ price
~ covers pores relatively well

Cons:
~ hard to get out of pot
~ need to use a lot of product to spread properly

I don't think I'll buy this again just because I have used better and prefer Smashbox or even ELF over this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

For the price, this is a decent product. It's very silicone-y, but that doesn't bother me. It can make me break out in summer but works well for me in the cooler months. I don't use this all over my face, just mainly in the T zone and over problem areas. Makes makeup apply smoother, fills in pores, helps perfect my look. I really dislike the packaging - it's cute but I would prefer a tube. This stuff always gets stuck under my nails, how unsanitary is that? I'd buy again, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by BubbleBathXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not have any issues with my makeup wearing off daily, I bought this just for an extra smooth look. It definitely helps me achieve that. The finish it gives is matte but with a little sheen. It makes your skin look and feel extra soft/smooth. My makeup applies really nicely on top of it. It's a pink colored thick primer in a cute glass jar. You only need a tiny amount so it will last for awhile. I think it's a beautiful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Nancyt23

Honestly, I am willing to spend any amount for skin care and makeup. I have been using this primer for a few years. I have never found a better product for filling in pores. This is not a full-face primer. No, it is for using selectively for pores on side of nose, chin, wrinkles between brows. If you need a product to cover the whole face, I would recommend a thinner primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by egandara3

Maybe I applied this product wrong but I tried everything with this product. I put on a small amount and rubbed it between my fingers. However my face looked white and my make up looked terrible. Will not buy this product ever again. Also I think it is too expensive for what it does.