L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 4/18/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This ok when I first bought it but being that I have oily skin this isn't the best.it does create a matte smooth finish for me and a glow but it does last and isn't for my type of skin . So waste of money for me and was quite pricey.it comes in a glass with a slight pinkish tone soft and quite of a gel substance. Overall it can do it , but for oily skin it not capable. It h

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Disliked it. It didn't work with my foundation and i could feel it on my skin through the whole day.
Don't like the packaging because it is in a tub and it gets gross after a while.

on 4/4/2015 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The plus I can say about this product was it looked nice on the back of my hand lol.
Other than that I found this to be overpriced, heavy on the skin, did not prolong my makeup (in fact it looked worse), I also became more oily which I thought could not be possible.
I felt like my skin could not breathe. I also started to break out more then usual.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the third primer I've ever used. I wasn't looking for a product to prolong the wear of my makeup, because I don't have a problem with that at all, being that I have dry skin. However, I was looking for something to fill my pores and this obnoxious laugh line I have on the left side of my lip. My fault, being a jackass all the time. This product delivers on the promise to blur imperfections. It made my foundation look FLAWLESS. At the end of the day sometimes it can look crepey, because of my pores or that damn laugh line, but with this stuff, that never happens. I always warm it up with my fingers first, and let it set while I do my eye makeup, and I always get the desired results this way. I've worn it the past two days, and it makes your foundation look just as it did when you applied it. I had my makeup on for 14 hours yesterday, and it looked so good that I didn't wanna wash it off once I made it home. It sucks that it's so expensive for drugstore, and I'd prefer it be in a tube, but....small matters.

on 3/28/2015 7:56:00 AM

I LOVE this product. If you'll look at the negative reviews You'll notice they're all from younger women. I wouldn't purchase this product if you're under 25. I have been using this product as a sort of spackle for the fine lines I've been noticing have begun cropping up (I'm twenty-nine), as well as a scar I have on my forehead. This product is amazing for hiding any imperfection! Just tap a little on and it really does blur the imperfection to transparence. I use it after I've applied my concealer and foundation. It also offers a nice matte look if you put a thin layer over your cover-up products (concealer, foundation, powder). I will NOT ever be without this since I've discovered it. I honestly wish I could give it something higher than a five.

I have mixed feelings on this product. The packaging looks nice enough, and I don't really mind that it comes in a little pot, although I know that it is more hygienic to have a pump. It goes onto my skin smoothly and, although I don't notice much difference in the appearance of my skin, it does make my foundation go on more easily. I think it may add a bit more to the wear time of my makeup, but my usual products last quite a long time anyway, so it is hard to tell. I wore it underneath my Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation for a few weeks, and was happy enough with the results, but I kept getting pimples around my chin and jawline like I had when I tried the Revlon Colorstay foundation. Eventually I realized it must be this primer and immediately stopped using it.
Besides my skin's reaction to it, I don't think I would have repurchased it anyway. It gave only average results, and was about $13, which is too high for the quality in my opinion.

on 2/16/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted a primer that would keep me matte and fill in my pores, so I thought I'd go through a bunch of drugstore ones first before I splurged on a high-end one.

*Price: Ridiculous, especially in Canada. It varies from store to store but it's still too expensive, considering what it does (and doesn't do).
*Packaging: An unhygienic little pot. The fact that it's glass is nice I suppose, because you can see how much product you have left.
*Product: It's a whitish pink thick sort of gel consistency. It's bizarre, I don't know how to describe it. By now I've tried a dozen primers and I don't know what I could compare this to. It doesn't have an offensive smell but it does leave a sort of white/pale pink cast over your face.
*Positives: It does fill in the pores and it does slightly help keep me matte for longer. Which is a miracle, because I have the worlds oiliest nose, and there's nothing on God's green earth that change that. When I use this under Covergirl 3 in 1, I look flawless for about five hours. Somehow those two products work like peanut butter and jelly together.
*Negatives: Incredibly thick. So, so, so thick. You can definitely feel that it's on your face. I can't get past the fact that when you try to spread it out, if you don't rub it in exceptionally well, it kind of balls up into little white crumbly crumbs. Past six hours of wear, it settles INTO the pores, and I have an issue where my foundation doesn't last on my nose, so once the foundation is gone, all you can see is little white spots all over my nose from where this primer has settled.

I want to like this product, but I can't get over the heaviness of it on my face. I know I can find a high-end primer that feels light and conceals my pores and I'm willing to pay the extra money for that. That, and it looks awful after a long day because it pools in my pores and makes them even more visible. If you don't have the same problem with foundation not lasting that I do, and you don't mind a heavier primer, this might be great for you.

on 1/31/2015 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for around three months, and still find that I have more than half of a jar left. As a mature woman at age 41, I don't find this primer to be drying at all, so long as I moisturize properly first. I have mostly dry skin, but with occasional combination-type oil along my nose and forehead. Although I only use this in my T-Zone, I think it would work well for oilier complexions to use it elsewhere also. I've been using this under my Jane Iredale pressed powder foundation, and I find that I can get by with only one blotting around midday, and this primer prevents me from having to perform any touch-ups of my powder. I love the tiny jar, which fits nicely in amongst my other daily-use cosmetics (and they change all the time, but this primer stays permanently in my rotation!) I know that a lot of ladies find the jar unsanitary, but I truly feel that as long as my hands are freshly washed, there is no detriment to the product or my skin by dipping my fingertip in and applying. I find tube products to be rather wasteful, as you can never get all of the product out unless you finally end up cutting open the tube at the end of its life.

on 1/26/2015 10:53:00 PM

It's a bit pricy, but it feels so nice on my oily skin. I like to use it under my eyes and on my nose. It doesn't last very long though.

on 1/21/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I usually try to use this product over my uneven skin, considering I do get acne quite often. It doesn't really help to cover anything and it also doesn't smooth out rough spots.

Popular Primer/ Correctors