L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 8/11/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have only tried this product once. Truthfully, I didn't have much faith in it. In my eyes, all primers were created equal: silicone-heavy film of a product. For reference, I have used Clinique Pore Refiner(breaks me out) and Sephora's primer(way too oily and heavy) before.

Now onto L'oréal... wow!

I have worn this under my subpar Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, on my super oily/shiny/sunscreen-laden skin, in Istanbul's hot and humid August weather. It mattified and blurred immediately, and controlled shine all day. Made my foundation stay on all day. Helped smooth out my indented acne scars. The pink colour might have even colour corrected my olive complexion a bit! And the best part, it didn't break me out(at least after one wear, which is usually when a new product breaks me out).

I love the thickness of it, it actually smoothes out flaws. I also like how it doesn't feel heavy despite that. So far, I'm impressed and I plan to purchase it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a mousse-like pink colored primer in a cute little clear jar. I apply it only where I need it, tzone and eye area. It keeps my makeup in place for the day and gives me an ultra smooth look. There's no scent and no shimmer or anything extra, just a very nice skin smoothing primer!

on 8/4/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's so ridiculously difficult finding a budget-friendly primer is longwearing, matte, and can smooth out my pores. But right now I use Becca for my oil control so I've just been trying to find a cheap smoothing base until I run out. The cost is pricy considering what you get out of this product. It's in a pot, so it's extremely unhygienic and constantly gets under my fingernails. It's thick and feels heavy on my face. I try to blend it and it does blur my pores for the most part, but it's very difficult top blend. Will use a little longer but won't be repurchasing.

on 7/21/2015 10:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Container is very small. A little goes a long way with this. You have to rub the product between your fingers to warm it up then apply it. I noticed some flakes only on my cheeks with this product. It worked as a primer but I looked like I had dry cheeks. I switched to the Palladio Primer and LOVE it.

on 7/14/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros.: makes pores, scars and other imperfections less visible; some oil control.

Cons.: hard to blend; packaging; run out of product fast; makes skin more pale.

This product is the the first primer I tried and the one that works best for me so far. It literally makes the skin more even and ready for the application of foundation. It works equally well for me and someone who is 60 yeras old. So far, the best primer on the market that I could find.

on 7/6/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is the closest dupe to Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch at only a fraction of the cost. It is very thick so it really covers the pores and helps fill in deeper scars and lines. I only have one issue with it; it doesn't roll on and smooth out as easily as most primers do so a little more effort is required but it is not a deal breaker. I can afford the extra minute to work it in, especially when the results are a very smooth complexion.

Not worth the money. I tried for several weeks and it doesn't blend for a flawless look. I rather repurchase rimmel - fix & pro primer. The rimmel is a best match for long lasting in humid weather.

on 6/21/2015 10:55:00 AM

I found this really drying on the skin. My foundation went on lovely after, but I don't feel that it extended the wear time.

on 5/20/2015 6:01:00 PM

Nothing special. I saw very, very little, in fact, really nothing positive about this, to remark on. Certainly nothing I would shout out about. There is also a very, very slight rose/floral scent to this that I tend to pick up on more after it has been applied, and that scent lingers for a while on my skin. I am not a rose/floral scent fan, esp not on my face..so..no.

I did see some very slight plumping of the skin, which was flattering (plumping skin? flattering,, yeah...well...) but that plumping disappeared within about an hour of applying. The second, third and fourth days I tried this, I did not even notice that initial plumping anymore. I guess I do see some potential with this, which is why I gave it 2 stars and not just 1 star...Maybe my jar was/is bad or old...?

Also the package is just awkard. Too bad they could not put this in a tube or with a pump. So small and I can see me getting annoyed with it if I did like it and had to use this tiny little bottle every day. Also the price was $2.00 more than posted when I got to the checkout, so if you are pinching your pennies, this might be a little pricey for you.

I wanted to like this, but it really did nothing for me. Couple in the fact the faint floral scent and annoying tiny little jar, no thank you.....

on 4/22/2015 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have VERY OILY acne proned skin and this is the first primer I have used that has given my skin a smooth mat finish and does not let me foundation go into my pores, I alsbolutely love it. The down side is that its way too expensive for such a small amount and I wish it came in a pump bottle rather than a jar to minimise germs, the jar is so small its hard to fit my finger in it without getting some of the product under my nails which just wastes it and its such a small amount to begin with.

Otherwise, wonderful primer!