L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 5/20/2015 6:01:00 PM

Nothing special. I saw very, very little, in fact, really nothing positive about this, to remark on. Certainly nothing I would shout out about. There is also a very, very slight rose/floral scent to this that I tend to pick up on more after it has been applied, and that scent lingers for a while on my skin. I am not a rose/floral scent fan, esp not on my face..so..no.

I did see some very slight plumping of the skin, which was flattering (plumping skin? flattering,, yeah...well...) but that plumping disappeared within about an hour of applying. The second, third and fourth days I tried this, I did not even notice that initial plumping anymore. I guess I do see some potential with this, which is why I gave it 2 stars and not just 1 star...Maybe my jar was/is bad or old...?

Also the package is just awkard. Too bad they could not put this in a tube or with a pump. So small and I can see me getting annoyed with it if I did like it and had to use this tiny little bottle every day. Also the price was $2.00 more than posted when I got to the checkout, so if you are pinching your pennies, this might be a little pricey for you.

I wanted to like this, but it really did nothing for me. Couple in the fact the faint floral scent and annoying tiny little jar, no thank you.....

on 4/22/2015 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have VERY OILY acne proned skin and this is the first primer I have used that has given my skin a smooth mat finish and does not let me foundation go into my pores, I alsbolutely love it. The down side is that its way too expensive for such a small amount and I wish it came in a pump bottle rather than a jar to minimise germs, the jar is so small its hard to fit my finger in it without getting some of the product under my nails which just wastes it and its such a small amount to begin with.

Otherwise, wonderful primer!

Cute little glass jar and a product consistency that reminds me of cotton candy. It does make your skin super smooth, although after applying concealer, foundation and powder over this, I do not notice much of a difference. A bit of a waste of money in my opinion ($10+), considering all it does is give you slightly softer skin. I will not repurchase after I have used this up, I find it an unnecessary step in my routine. I was never really one for primers, but I thought that I'd give this one a shot. It wasn't terrible, but it just isn't very useful.

on 4/18/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This ok when I first bought it but being that I have oily skin this isn't the best.it does create a matte smooth finish for me and a glow but it does last and isn't for my type of skin . So waste of money for me and was quite pricey.it comes in a glass with a slight pinkish tone soft and quite of a gel substance. Overall it can do it , but for oily skin it not capable. It h

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Disliked it. It didn't work with my foundation and i could feel it on my skin through the whole day.
Don't like the packaging because it is in a tub and it gets gross after a while.

on 4/4/2015 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The plus I can say about this product was it looked nice on the back of my hand lol.
Other than that I found this to be overpriced, heavy on the skin, did not prolong my makeup (in fact it looked worse), I also became more oily which I thought could not be possible.
I felt like my skin could not breathe. I also started to break out more then usual.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the third primer I've ever used. I wasn't looking for a product to prolong the wear of my makeup, because I don't have a problem with that at all, being that I have dry skin. However, I was looking for something to fill my pores and this obnoxious laugh line I have on the left side of my lip. My fault, being a jackass all the time. This product delivers on the promise to blur imperfections. It made my foundation look FLAWLESS. At the end of the day sometimes it can look crepey, because of my pores or that damn laugh line, but with this stuff, that never happens. I always warm it up with my fingers first, and let it set while I do my eye makeup, and I always get the desired results this way. I've worn it the past two days, and it makes your foundation look just as it did when you applied it. I had my makeup on for 14 hours yesterday, and it looked so good that I didn't wanna wash it off once I made it home. It sucks that it's so expensive for drugstore, and I'd prefer it be in a tube, but....small matters.

on 3/28/2015 7:56:00 AM

I LOVE this product. If you'll look at the negative reviews You'll notice they're all from younger women. I wouldn't purchase this product if you're under 25. I have been using this product as a sort of spackle for the fine lines I've been noticing have begun cropping up (I'm twenty-nine), as well as a scar I have on my forehead. This product is amazing for hiding any imperfection! Just tap a little on and it really does blur the imperfection to transparence. I use it after I've applied my concealer and foundation. It also offers a nice matte look if you put a thin layer over your cover-up products (concealer, foundation, powder). I will NOT ever be without this since I've discovered it. I honestly wish I could give it something higher than a five.

I have mixed feelings on this product. The packaging looks nice enough, and I don't really mind that it comes in a little pot, although I know that it is more hygienic to have a pump. It goes onto my skin smoothly and, although I don't notice much difference in the appearance of my skin, it does make my foundation go on more easily. I think it may add a bit more to the wear time of my makeup, but my usual products last quite a long time anyway, so it is hard to tell. I wore it underneath my Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation for a few weeks, and was happy enough with the results, but I kept getting pimples around my chin and jawline like I had when I tried the Revlon Colorstay foundation. Eventually I realized it must be this primer and immediately stopped using it.
Besides my skin's reaction to it, I don't think I would have repurchased it anyway. It gave only average results, and was about $13, which is too high for the quality in my opinion.

on 2/16/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted a primer that would keep me matte and fill in my pores, so I thought I'd go through a bunch of drugstore ones first before I splurged on a high-end one.

*Price: Ridiculous, especially in Canada. It varies from store to store but it's still too expensive, considering what it does (and doesn't do).
*Packaging: An unhygienic little pot. The fact that it's glass is nice I suppose, because you can see how much product you have left.
*Product: It's a whitish pink thick sort of gel consistency. It's bizarre, I don't know how to describe it. By now I've tried a dozen primers and I don't know what I could compare this to. It doesn't have an offensive smell but it does leave a sort of white/pale pink cast over your face.
*Positives: It does fill in the pores and it does slightly help keep me matte for longer. Which is a miracle, because I have the worlds oiliest nose, and there's nothing on God's green earth that change that. When I use this under Covergirl 3 in 1, I look flawless for about five hours. Somehow those two products work like peanut butter and jelly together.
*Negatives: Incredibly thick. So, so, so thick. You can definitely feel that it's on your face. I can't get past the fact that when you try to spread it out, if you don't rub it in exceptionally well, it kind of balls up into little white crumbly crumbs. Past six hours of wear, it settles INTO the pores, and I have an issue where my foundation doesn't last on my nose, so once the foundation is gone, all you can see is little white spots all over my nose from where this primer has settled.

I want to like this product, but I can't get over the heaviness of it on my face. I know I can find a high-end primer that feels light and conceals my pores and I'm willing to pay the extra money for that. That, and it looks awful after a long day because it pools in my pores and makes them even more visible. If you don't have the same problem with foundation not lasting that I do, and you don't mind a heavier primer, this might be great for you.