November 27, 2014 | 986 users online

Powder - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkled Pressed Powder

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received an e-mail from Beauty.com in which they announce selling this $35 powder for $10. So I decided to give it a try. So far, so good. What I like about it is that no matter how you apply it (brush, puff), or how often you retouch with it, it does not make you look dry and wrinkled (like many other powders do).

The description is as follows:

The ultimate pressed powder with antioxidants and skin smoothing minerals.

This luxurious anti-aging pressed powder contains a patent pending blend of six peptides and neuropeptides to help reduce the appearance of expression lines, deep wrinkles and fine lines. Lightweight, translucent, triple-milled powder instantly improves the overall look of skin. Blends seamlessly for a flawless, velvety-smooth finish. An ideal finishing powder, can be worn alone, over make-up, or as a touch-up throughout the day to keep skin looking its best. Non-drying formula will not cake and helps make-up stay fresher longer.

Key Ingredients:

* Un-Wrinkle® patent-pending blend of six powerful, anti-aging peptides (SYN®- COLL and MATRIXYL™ 3000 ) and neuropeptides (SYN®-AKE, SNAP-8 and ARGIRELINE®).
* Vitamins C & E
* Mica

Benefits:

* Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles and expression lines.
* Technologically advanced formula won't cake, dry out skin, or alter the shade of foundation.
* Translucent color can be worn by any skin tone.
* Triple-milled powder gives skin a velvety texture.
* Helps to absorb oil and creates a soft, matte finish.
* Sets makeup and helps keep it fresh.

Well, I don't know about its capacity to "reduce the appearance of fine lines" etc., etc (besides, I've only used it twice). Also, if you want sheer coverage, this might not be translucent enough. So far, I've only worn it as a finishing powder and as that, I'm very satisfied with it. It comes in only one shade. It suits my skin tone well and does not make the foundation look darker or heavier (remember I like full coverage). However, I could not say how this would work with very light or very dark skin. I like the fact that it does not make me look dry and powdery when applied over foundation. It's matte, but not concrete-like matte. It also holds well and does not make me shiny in minutes (mind you, it is very cold where I live now). IAC, seeing as how it only cost me $15 (with s&h), I'm not complaining. In fact, I ordered another one just because I could not resist the price.

The first time I ordered, I got a small jar of PTR's Un-Wrinkled Peel Pads free with my purchase. Unfortunately, that was available only "while supplies last." I didn't get another one with my second order. However, they do give free samples with purchase and that's always nice.

So far, I'm very pleased with this product. Especially considering that the original price is $35. I'll let you know if my opinion changes. If you want to order it, you might want to hurry because I don't think this offer will last long.