November 24, 2014 | 1686 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Nurselily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream has a great texture. I have dry combination skin and love it. Penetrates very fast. Soft finish no shinyness great price. Would repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by strawberryfeildsforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale for 10 dollars at 50%off..very expensive! but i wanted to try it for my dry easily irritated acne prone skin. I have only used it 4 times so far so i will do an update but it seems to be "ok". nothing amazing. the smell is very sunblock like, as is the texture. I have not noticed any reduction in redness... but i am hoping it does not break me out because i do like the SPF and it does make my skin feel less dry. I probably will not repurchase due to the terrible price for the amount that you get (73ml)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by glitterygirly

Broke me out HORRIBLY! I don't have breakout prone skin. My skin is combo-dry these days. I tried it several times to be sure this was the cause of the break outs. With each use I had 2-4 blemishes the next day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this from an Aveeno rep at work, and this is the first Aveeno facial product that has not irritated my skin! It has a really nice, oat-type smell and is a nice texture. Sometimes, I have to go over it with another moisturizer, on super dry days when I've been overdoing the medicated cleanser, but for the most part, this works great! I won't repurchase because I have access to better products at the moment for free, but if I am forced on a skin care budget in the future, I would buy this in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by hockeygirl324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG moisturizer, but I can understand why some people aren't into it. People are saying it's greasy, it didn't absorb, or it made them break out...it's not for everyone, it's designed for people with sensitive/dry skin. For me, it's absolutely perfect. It gives a nice glow, I can wear this and just concealer under my eyes and get compliments on my skin! I usually have 2 or 3 zits on my face too, so that's saying something! It keeps me perfectly soft, and I like the smell. I wish it wasn't $17 bucks for me, and a squeezy bottle would be nice so I could get every last drop, but hey, I won't complain after what it does for my skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I normally wear the Positively Radiant SPF30, but thought that it was making me too shiny. So I tried this one instead, and can't really tell the difference between the two. My shinyness has been reduced a little, but the Ultra Calming doesn't offer the evening out of skin tone like PR does. I haven't broken out from using this, which is always a plus. Even though I marked a Yes for the buy-it-again question, I'm not sure whether I will as my uneven skin tone needs all the help it can get! But if the PR is unavailable I would buy this to use as a replacement.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by jabritao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product b/c I was a regular user of Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 and wanted something w/ a higher SPF for days in the sun. Unfortunately, this product is way too heavy to use with any regularity. It felt like my skin couldn't breathe until I took it off. I probably only used it a dozen times or so. I never used it on days back-to-back so I do not have a sense of whether or not it would clog my pores.

Like Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15, this product is rated 6 on the Environmental Working Group's Cosmetic Database. Last year I made the decision to stop using toxic products, so I try to not use anything over a 2 rating. I am very happy I made this choice. I have found substitutes that I like better and easily fall within the 0-2 range.

I appreciate the size and shape of the container. It's good for travel: small enough for carry-on.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by inthiscity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gave me horrible cystic acne. It was so greasy, it felt like it just sat on top of my skin. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by merenguehips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried this for a month, but it caused me to break out horribly. I've since switched back to my Purpose Dual Moisturizer with SPF, and I'm still waiting for my skin to get back to where it was (God, I hope this trial won't warrant a trip to the dermatologists...ugh). The product didn't even moisturize very well. Left my skin feeling seriously dry after 15 minutes...not worth the money. I suppose I'm being kind about the experience by giving it two lippies...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by d7293

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Irritated skin. Did not moisturize. Although this is for "ultra-sensitive" skin product contains fragrance! Also, lotion feels light but... waxy.