October 2, 2014 | 1349 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara - Electric Blue

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hate. I can usually get most mascaras to work for me, but this does nothing. My lashes look better bare. The color doesn't show up at all, even on my blonde tipped lashes, I've tried this on it's own, over black mascaras, and over white lash primers. No avail. I'm not even sure why it's still in my stash. The one thing it's good at is bleeding blue (that I couldn't even see was there) all over my face when I put my contacts in.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

Hate this stuff. When these Big Fatty colored mascaras first came out, I picked up every color because I love colored mascaras and I really liked the original Big Fatty. But these were just awful.
Electric Blue looks like a bright, cobalt blue in the tube, but the color does not transfer onto the lashes at all. I tried wearing this alone, and it gave no color payoff whatsoever, and it did absolutely nothing to my lashes...No length, no volume, no definition, nothing. Over a black mascara, I was able to get the tiniest bit of color to show up on the tips of my lashes, but it was only visible if you were standing right in front of me. Even then, it still was barely noticeable.
Also, this is probably the driest mascara I've ever used. I like my mascaras semi-dry, but this literally felt like I was just combing through my lashes with a dry spooly brush. Because it was so dry originally, this mascara dried up and became totally unusable very quickly.
I don't think Urban Decay sells these terrible mascaras anymore, but I have still seen them on Amazon and eBay for around $5. But don't bother wasting your money. You'll be super disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by awkwardandawakened

I bought the urban decay big fatty mascara in INDIGO (not electric blue, sorry! indigo is a navy blue type color and doesnt make your lashes look blue). I paid $2 on HauteLook for the mini version. But i judged the price at a 4 because of the full size original price. This mascara was very dry from the moment I opened it, and has only gotten more dry. It makes my lashes look hard and clumpy, and it doesn't really do much else. No volume, or lengthening. NOTHING!! I do, although, appreciate the cute packaging and fat wand. Thats why I gave this a 1, instead of a 0. wouldnt recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by bookbutterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the color worn alone, it's a nice pop of color especially since eyeliner and small eyes don't always mix, but the mascara itself is nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by yippee1999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this mascara in two different shades. And one thing I have CONSISTENTLY noticed is that this mascara dries out extremely fast....faster than other mascaras I have had for longer, and use just as much. At first I thought "gee, I haven't used this in a while...I can't remember when I bought it...but it seems to be dry...guess I'll buy another one". And then again, this same thing happened. I'm now on my THIRD different tube, which I clearly remember just buying a few weeks ago. It's already dried out. Meanwhile, others that I've had for a few months are still good.

So...I don't know what they do with their formulation but it sucks. Maybe they purposefully don't add alot of oil or whatever, to FORCE you to keep buying a new tube?

Anyway, as much as I love their colors....the electric blue and the purple, I'm going to see if I can find other lines with similar colors. Cuz buying the Urban Decay versions seems to be just throwing money down the toilet.

It's reall a pity, as this shade of blue is really cool, especially when someone sees your lashes from the side...with the color against your skin....

I also have Benefit's Bad Gal Blue mascara, which is more of an indigo/purple, and that one lasts much longer!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by kiwi_of_hearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is pretty good, but not amazing. I've heard some people say that the color is too blue and clownish on the eyelashes, but not so for me. Maybe it's because my eyelashes are black, but the deep blue color only shows up a tiny bit on the tips of my eyelashes, even after two coats. Because of this, it ends up creating a nice, subtle lengthening effect that's softer than with a black mascara and works well for daytime. The color is only noticeable up close, which IMO is a good thing (I don't really want neon blue eyelashes). It seems to hold a curl ok (not super-well) and doesn't smudge or flake, but it doesn't seem to add much volume and only adds some subtle length. So, overall, a decent mascara that creates a subtle, understated effect (if you want bold, dramatic, false-like eyelashes, this is NOT the right mascara). I like it, but it's not so amazing that I'd run out and buy it again, unless the price dropped to something more reasonable.