November 27, 2014 | 1039 users online

Foundations - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Foundation SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

If this hadn't been given to me by a dear MUAer in a swap, I would've never considered purchasing it myself. But let me tell you, it's an amazing foundation!!! I only use this when I self-tan because the tanning solution I use dries my skin out (I'm normally pretty oily). This provides a satin to slightly dewy finish but looks very natural on the skin. It's a light-weight formula that provides light-medium coverage. I love how easily it blends into the skin and feels weightless.

It wears well for about 5-6 hours and then starts to get a bit shiny on me. It stays put and doesn't transfer.

I have extremely acne-prone/sensitive skin and this doesn't break me out or irritate my skin at all. Highly recommend trying it out for anyone who wants a lightweight/natural finish foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not really a fan of foundation products, but if I'm working and want a professional appearance, I must use them. I tried PTR's Un-Wrinkle Foundation because I like many of his other Un-Wrinkle products. I figured the foundation would follow along. Not so for me.
I was lucky enough to have the lightest color be a match. I'm very fair-skinned and the color is a good match. That's not a problem at all. Applying it with a foundation brush is a breeze. The foundation goes on smoothly enough and generously too, blending easily. I've used a blending sponge too. That's all good.
I love the pump. I can depress it and just enough comes out for the application that I need, so I don't waste any. Which is a good thing, because it's not so cheap, but then again, I don't like to cut corners when I consider what I'm putting on my face. If somethings going to sit on my skin and go into my pores, I want the ingredients to be good, and I trust PTR.
Before I put on foundation, I do use my serum, moisturizer, eye cream and primer. I do my layers and after applying foundation I dust with a mineral powder.
With that said, the foundation looks good for about 4 hours. Not shiny, not matte, either. More of a nice glow. A natural look, if you would. An all-around even look that's not made-up. At first, I was happy with this. Until I noticed about four hours later, the foundation had settled. It had settled into my face and emphasized any fine lines I did have. Un-Wrinkle? I'd say Pro-Wrinkle after 4 hours. I saw lines in the mirror that I didn't know I had. So, after that, I made sure I wasn't too heavy on how much I used. Just in case this effect was my fault. But this had never happened with other foundations I had used. So no matter how little I used, after 4 hours or so, the foundation just seemed to cake on my face. I wasn't too happy. I have 1/2 bottle left sitting unused. I so dislike wasting money. I would have returned it but I let my time expire. My fault. Oh well. Guess I can use it for short evenings out.

***Updated Review
Since I've been added Apricot Kernel Oil to my skin care regime, my face is definitely more hydrated. I also apply my foundation only with a blending sponge. Since I've changed these two things, I've noticed that I'm not seeing the pesky settling in of foundation on fine lines and I don't have to buff it on my face after the four-hour mark. So I've come to the conclusion that this foundation is definitely not for a drier skin unless you are very well hydrated using an excellent moisturizer to supplement your skin underneath it. Then it works well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by aew1927

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation has a very dewy finish and it has staying power, the problem is the color selection! I bought the medium, it has an orange overtone to it that I cannot wear! If I can come up with the right color I think, if you are looking for dewy and lasting makeup, this would be a great selection! I have now ordered this in the light color, we shall see!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by flgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for about a month. While I haven't noticed much of a difference in regards to it being a "wrinkle treatment", it is a great foundation! It's easy to layer, provides great coverage, and doesn't settle into lines/wrinkles. It also doesn't look like you have a ton of make up on, no matter how many layers you apply. In regards to it not lasting long enough, when I'm finished applying foundation/concealer, I sweep a finishing powder over top and this seems to work well in keeping foundation in place. I only wish it wasn't so expensive! I will keep purchasing it though because, for my skin anyway, it's one of the best foundations I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by 24kt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

nice clean pump and easy to use but it doesn't last as long as i would like. It also isn't good as a e/s primer. coverage is ok but for the price i would like it to last longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by dawnlois

Got a sample from BeautyBar - you know, the little blister pack with a bit of each of the 4 shades - and I'm glad I did, because I was completely underwhelmed with this stuff. Coverage is only so,so - blendability is pretty good. The problem is about 2 hours or so after you get it on and leave your house - all the while,thinking you don't look too shabby. Till you look in the mirror - then THAT notion will fly right out the window! This is the only foundation I've ever used that appears to LIGHTEN with time - and look powdery and cakey.It absolutely looks like it's sitting on top of your face - and God help you if you should sweat at all. Then it cakes up AND starts to crack.I had checked out the full size product at Sephora and was doubtful about the packaging, as well. Too heavy for portability - and what if you drop it in your bathroom?
Yup - not impressed at all. And for 45 dollars? No. Just no.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kcao7j

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Great finish. Very natural dewy.
SPF - I'm an addict
Added skin benefits although not really seeing any difference.
Easy to blend
Does not cake, does not emphasize wrinkles/dry skin

Cons
SPF- can't wear for pictures
Medium coverage- not very buildable
Lasts 3-4 hours.
Poor color choices 4-5 only! ( I had to buy 2 to mix to get my shade and at $45 a pop that's $90 for foundation!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I also was disappointed in this. I have been searching for a treatment foundation but this is no better than Jane Iredale and may have sent my rosacea into a tailspin.

Pros: lightweight once you get it on your face. Doesn't highlight wrinkles on me. Good ingredients that should help in the long run. BUT

Cons: Hard to blend. Chose Medium for my NC 25 skintone (based on reviews) which is a tad dark initially but then it TOTALLY DISAPPEARS so I guess not an issue--sigh. Does not minimize anything or cover/de-emphasize so if you're looking for any coverage (and I love light coverage so not looking for much) don't go this route. And finally I had breakouts immediately from this, within hours so my rosacea hates this. I am bummed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by tabercat

What am I doing worng?!!! I want this to work for me. I'm not getting the same effect other reviewers have mentioned. I feel like this foundation does nothing (and I realize foundations cannot do very much) for fine lines. Although it doesn't draw atention to the lines as much as some other foundations, my skin looks smoother with out any foundation. It makes my face look very dull and sucks all the "glow" out. I feel that this is aging. Also it makes my skin appear rough-something I've never experienced before b/c my skin is smooth. Very Strange. I did not find it to be moisturizing at all and I have combo skin. I also found it blendable with a little effort but not easy to blend even over primer as others have claimed. It looked cakey in my opinion. Also I am extremely fair and the light was slightly too light for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my new foundation I am trying after returning La Prairie anti-aging foundation. That was a fine foundation, except my face went a little cystic. I think dimethicone is problematic for my skin, but the -anes haven't bothered me so much yet (keeping my fingers crossed) My search for my next foundation took me to Sephora where I was disappointed with the coverage from Make Up For Ever Face and Body which doesn't have any cones. I tried Josie Maran which does contain cones, and it didn't have much coverage. So, I mosied down to Macy's and looked at their offerings. This foundation only has 4 colors. I grabbed the Medium to try. When I was walking around looking for a spot to try it on, one of the SA's said, that's great stuff. My mother has it, and she has skin just like yours that got all broken out from all of the stuff she tried, and then she went and grabbed the anti-aging skin care set to try. She even knew what color I'd be. Oh God! Now I look like someone's mom. Well, it's to be expected at 42. I guess. So, the SA applied this, and it was fairly sheer. I'd call it light to medium -- a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I was able to use a foundation brush and stiple on a little more coverage over some of the red spots from existing acne and acne scars on my face. This foundation lasts pretty well throughout the day, but what I like about it is the slight glowiness it has. I really like the glow. The color match from medium was decent, too. I am one of those people with a really light neck -- it is light and has a yellow tone to it. But, my face is light/medium and more beige. So, nothing matches both my face and neck. But, this looked good. I'd recommend trying it. And, it didn't irritate my skin. The SA said that this stuff was the best thing on the planet for her mother because the PTR line cleared her mother's face up, it is medical grade and developed by a doctor, and her mother tries and returns all kinds of cosmetics but kept all of her PTR. So, I'll keep you guys updated!
Update: I returned it after trying it for a couple of weeks. It is a good product, but the color just wasn't right. When I looked at my neck in the car, there was a huge difference between my neck and face when wearing this product. I still recommend a try of this. It is a good product but just limited in color choices.