October 26, 2014 | 931 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Everyday Minerals - Mint Color Corrector

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Saandes2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I bought this product maybe 2 years ago in the full size which is actually quite a big package. I did not use the corrector properly then I think because my face always looked to lifeless. So when i purged all my makeup products a year ago there it went. I was recently buying my soft bronzer from everyday minerals online and if you haven't bought anything from their website you should! They are always offering free samples of items and on this shopping trip they were offering the mint color corrector in travel size. I thought i've tried it but why not its free. So it came and the travel size is probably a more decent size in this and it helped me with the proper application. With the travel size it would be impossible for you to use a larger brush in it ( I have red all over my face) so i poured a tiny bit out on a tissue and was able to get just the tiniest amount on my brush and It blends well with that small amount and now is one of my favorite powders when my skin is looking to red.EVERY ginge needs to own this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by mari4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this:) I mix it with my fairly light natural matte base, and it hides everything from broken veins too my red cheeks:) It dosent cover blemishes, but I dont bother so mutch about that now, because I only get one or 4 a month. This last for ages too. You only need a little bit, or else you will look green. lol. ( tried it once)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by yulliannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is something thats a staple in my routine, i use it every morning. To contexualize: I have alot of redness around my nose, cheeks and alot of red/purple hyperpigmentation due to acne scars all over my cheeks. After moisturizer i use a Eco tools blush brush to apply this all over my face and it neutralizes the red and gives me a nice even canvas. Then i apply my liquid foundation, ive honestly never had issues in terms of having a green cast on my face, my foudation just seamlessely goes on top and covers the greeness( i use wet sponge to apply liquid foundation). If you have rosacea or just alot of hyperpigmentation this is a wonderful product! I find no matter how much concelaer/ foundation i pack on the redness shows through but with a layer of this underneath foundation, i dont even need that much foudnation since the green neutralizes my acne scars and the redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by chslator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a disaster! I wanted it to cover my cheek ruddiness and not only did it make my face turn seafoam/hospital green, it was a sparkly seafoam/hospital green. Ugh. No amount of buffing or covering with foundation made me look normal again.

I found that EDM's Sunlight kaolin powder is effective in covering redness and is much easier to use...and no sparkle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I see that most of the people here do not know how to use this product correctly. Oh well, it is their loss :)

I love this stuff! I have some redness on my nose and cheeks and this neutralizes it perfectly without making my skin turn green. I apply it a thin layer all over my face and then I add my Everyday Minerals Base in Sandy Fair. My complexion looks amazing, absolutely amazing - very flawless :)

This has been a great help for me on my morning routines since I don't need to use the foundation (Everyday Minerals base) so much anymore!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by nmatthews

I love this but it is tricky. I have rosacea. If my face is flushed and pink I will apply this color corrector underneath. However if my face has just a tinge of pink to it then I don't touch it. There is NO way that you can wear this on its own without applying foundation over it. I usually dust a little kaolin powder first before I do anything else. I then use the long handled kabuki brush to dip just a little of the green on the brush and I tap, tap, tap on the lid to remove excess. I just swirl and buff over my cheeks but I have to be very careful to avoid my nose and under my eyes if even a little of the green strays I look like I got punched in the face. That problem has gotten a little easier to solve now since I have started using the multi-intensive/eye primer concealer under my eyes and around my mouth. I use that concealer to cover up red bumps and it works 20 times better than slapping a coat of green over red - as other reviewers have pointed out - it does just look like green over a red bump. For my cheeks flushing it is the best thing that I have ever used. It is difficult to get it to evenly spread out. I've found the best thing for this is to make sure that I moisturize my skin very well with acne friendly facial lotions and to have patience tapping out all of the excess green on that kabuki brush and then applying one light layer and if I need it, a second layer. Also I only use my kabuki brush for the kaolin powder and this green corrector. I apply the kaolin powder first and then I apply the green corrector. I think a mix of the powders really helps the green corrector to spread more easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Meredita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works quite well to cover the redness on my nose and cheeks. I've discovered the perfect way to apply it: you need a small eyeshadow-type brush, and the EcoTools kabuki brush. Use the little brush to pick up a small amount of powder, and dust it evenly onto the kabuki brush. You want a fine green haze of it. Then fearlessly buff onto face. This method makes for more even and gradual coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Works fairly well to cover redness. I use it primarily with a concealer brush to dab over troubled spots but I also *very lightly* dust some over my cheeks as well if I am looking particularly bad on any given day. It will wash you out and I combat this effect by applying under the foundation powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by candyapplegrey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, this is a strange one. The product works well, probably one of the best green mineral colour correctors i've used, but it's got this kind of SHIMMERY SHEEN to it. Why???? I currently use it under my intensive EDM foundation, but the shimmer kind of shows through. It's not that bad, I just thought it's a bit of an odd decision by EDM. Surely a matte corrector is more inconspicuous, as you could layer any type of foundation over it? So, I think it's more suited to those who prefer a semi-matte/luminous foundation. Me, I'm gonna buy the Lily Lolo green colour corrector next time round...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by peppermintcupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did not work well for me. If I used too little, it did not cover the redness and if I used too much, it began to look like green powder. I suspect that it may be my skin tone that is contributing to its ineffectiveness. Although it is meant to be universal and work with all skin colors, I think that this would probably work better for those with fair skin rather than slightly more tanned or olive skin.