December 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Anonyms

Great. Took me years to get the application technique down but I have it down now and it is the best corrector I have used - better than Nars, MAC, MUF, and many pro brands not sold retail. The key to making this work - especially on mature skin - is using very thin layers vs. 1 thick layer. I have found it essential that it be applied in very very very thin layers waiting a bit between each application. If you get this right, it really does seem to melt into and meld with skin. ALSO essential is that the area has been thoroughlu moisturized FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE (in other words, if you have not been truly using and religiously applying a good moisturizer under the eyes all along, application is going to be rough. Lastly, the product (like very good moisturizers) needs to be warmed to go on truly well. If using a brush, stippling with fingertips will supply the required warmth. Otherwise, I use my pinky to apply and I warm the product between my fingertips before doing so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MES

I had previously been using erase paste, but the limited shade range and fact that it never sets were getting old. I have the shade porcelain peach, and it helps correct those dreaded under eye circles that make us with fair and pale skin look sick/tired.

The formulas is rather dry, quite the opposite of erase paste. You will definitely want to moisturize first, especially if you are dry to begin with. I've found this blends best with a brush, and it sets well.

There is a very good range of shades with different undertones available.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by zalika21216

I LOVE Bobbi Brown's corrector. I have deep,dark circles under my eyes and nothing seemed to work. This product is great but must be used in a trio. You will need a primer or setting loition, the corrector and concealer for complete coverage. this will definitely be a staple in my makeup inventory.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this corrector alone because if I apply concealer over it, not only is it unnecessary, it looks cakey, emphasizing my wrinkles. I was a loyal fan of Benefit's Erase Paste, but due to my oily skin, found it didn't last more than a few hours. Bobbi's corrector is drier and I have to use primer and moisturizer before applying or it will cake. I think the trick to this product is "less is more." I only use a very tiny bit on the tip of my brush and place it only on the dark circle rather than the entire under eye area. My dark circles are virtually undetectable for up to 12 hours.
UPDATE: This has become too dry for me. It has started caking several hours after applying it. I ended up switching to NYX Dark Circle concealer and so far it is working out much better with more brightening of the under-eye area. Also, it's a lot cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sakthar

Bought this product after hearing many great reviews, the problem with my under eye area is that it has dark circles and wrinkles. This corrector amazed me by covering up those dark colored circles, however after 5 mins set with concealer and powder it started to crease on me! Big no no in my books. The texture is very creamy and the lasting power is mediocre as more creases started to appear under my eyes as my day went on. It is now sitting in a box and I feel so crap for buying it and not using it.
Buy this product if you want to correct pigmentation but it is not suitable for the under eyes as it creases terribly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LIGHT PEACH
I've got some killer dark circles that just tend to get ashen when covered by concealer alone. Light Peach works very well to counteract the bluish purple and give a more even base for the concealer. I use a concealer brush to tap a small amount just on the specific dark areas, gently dab excess with a square of kleenex, then cover with concealer and set with powder.

Pros:
* fantastic range of colors
* thick but creamy
* easy to place
* neutralizes dark circles with one thin layer
* sets well and lasts all day
* no creasing after setting powder

Cons:
* needs a layer of concealer on top because peach color does not match skin tone
* will crease without setting powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this on the outer corners of my eyes. It makes me look more awake and helps my eyes stand out more. I use the lightest shade (alabaster?). It's rare for a super pale person to find a concealer that isn't yellowy!

I just tap it on with my ring finger, or use BB's Cream Blending brush. It's quite thick, so using a lot will just look cakey. I don't really have dark circles unless I haven't slept; I have puffiness instead. But no concealer is gonna help that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Loskareta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg I latterly can't live without this corrector! It is really the best makeup that I ever bought I've been using is since 5 years now and it's still wowes me every time in use it! The only problem with this is small I wish they have bigger sizes so it last longer !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite under-eye concealer. For my NW20 skin, I can use Bisque and it covers my dark circles extremely well. The color match is so good that I don't need to go over it with another concealer, it just blends in and covers everything. I've had this for a long time and I was concerned about it drying out but it's still just as creamy as the very first time I used it. I purchased it from a CCO so the price was great as well. The only issue that I have with this is after I blend it in, I will have to go back in a few minutes and pat out the little bit that settles into the lines under my eyes but after that they don't return. I will absolutely repurchase this when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by allyclare

I have terrible dark circles and always get told, 'you look tired'. I pretty much gave up on covering them until I tried this corrector in light peach. Most products either highlighted my dark circles or gave them a grayish cast. These are the products i have tried over the years to conceal my under eye circles.

- Cle de peau - great concealer for face but just okay for under eyes...it does not have that brightening effect i was hoping for and highlighted my dark circles a little. It also made by under eye area itch and sometimes gives me tiny little bumps on my face ( i have sensitive skin). Would be good for light to moderate dark circles.

- Maybelline age rewind concealer - greyish cast, no lasting effect.

- Eve Pearl Salmon concealer - great concealing effect due to the salmon colour but too dark for my skin tone, it also was a little wet looking and you could tell you were wearing product, it also made my under eye area itch.

- YSL touche eclat - good brightening effect, not enough coverage for me.

- mac pro long wear - good for face, not great for eyes if you want that brightening effect and don't want to highlight the dark circles. Probably good for light to moderate dark circles.

- Laura mercier secret concealer - left a greyish cast, even the lady at the counter wasn't convinced.

The bb corrector is excellent for both concealing and brightening, there is absolutely no greyish cast whatsoever and i look immediately more awake. It doesn't completely erase my dark circles but it does a way better job than anything i have tired and i need very little of it. It is a little drying and flakey sometimes and would better from a well moisturised eye area and possibly a primer. I have also tried the BB concealer with this corrector but there is just way to much product, it creases, highlights the circle area and it looks wet and tacky without a powder to set it. The powder however just takes the product right off again. The secret to this corrector is the light salmon colour which counteracts the darkness and brightens rather than lightens. I am fair skinned but refused to get a bisque corrector, the salmon just works so much better on me even if I fit the profile to be matched with a bisque shade. Very happy with this product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No