October 2, 2014 | 1454 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Matte shadow duo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this duo in "Dashing" (dark charcoal and peachy pink) and I'm quite pleased. The shadows are soft without being powdery and are as intense as I'd hoped. I can see this being a duo that you can use in a lot of different ways, but my favorite way to use it is to apply a black cream shadow first (NYX jumbo pencil) and apply the charcoal from the lashline (heaviest color there and on the lid itself) and blend out to the brow bone and then use the pink to sort of "buff" out the edges for a nice airbrushed look. It takes a little effort to get dark matte shadows just right, but it's worth it and I really enjoy rocking this intense look. I want to try the other colors of this shadow--I'm so pleased that drugstore companies are getting into the matte shadow game.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by liplickity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Dashing is a wonderful shade duo. My sweetheart picked out for me. He chose a duo that I use more then if I would of chosen one myself. Out of both shades,1 shade is a pretty matte pink comparable to a deeper pink rose. It looks wonderful as a wash or worn alone especially on days I don't want to go all out on my eye shadow. The other shade is a soft matte light black that anyone could find many uses for. So far I use it as a liner on the top lid to sculpt a fine cat eye. I also use it to darken the upper lashes when I am not using mascara during a light makeup routine. It can be used for great smokey eyes or other creative looks. The HIP formula texture is ultra soft and gentle,lushly pigmented and easy to work with. Dashing is a fabulous matte combination. The price is well worth it. The packaging as the duo comes complete although somewhat bulky on the flip side there is an applicator with a mirror. I highly suggest it to anyone, especially those who desire soft plush matte finishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by katchimo

The most annoying thing about matte eyeshadow are the fall outs. With light, nuder shades, they can be ignored because it is usually not very noticeably, but when you are experimenting with colors like black it can become an eyesore for frustration. Not so with the HIP matte shadows. My review is purely for Dashing because I have not purchased any other color, nor do I know how to add products to the review board.

With Dashing, you are purchasing a charcoal black and a very pretty sheer pink. The packaging is a little annoying, it's not the easiest to open but also not the hardest. It comes with a makeup sponge brush which is handy when you're traveling (I don't have a problem whatsoever with these little guys). The shadows have plenty of pigmentation as advertised but can be blended out sheer so that you can layer and control the strength of color. As usual, the blendability of matte shadows can be a little tougher than those with shimmer but I find that these do a really great job, better even, than some expensive brands. The pink is more satiny than matte, but lacks the extreme shimmer of other lines of HIP shadows. The color combination is extremely complimentary and makes the smoky eye and easy accomplishment for makeup newbies. Simply swipe the pink all over and blend the black along the outer color for presto! smoky eye.

My absolute favorite thing about this product is its versatility. I've used the black to fill in my eyebrows, line my eyes and of course, the always chic smoky eye. The pink is a really gorgeous sheer color that I've used to highlight the brow bone, sweep across the lid and.... I suppose I could use it as a blush but I'm pretty content with my other blushes that I don't bother. But I highly recommend this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I love love this shadow. It's the new matte formula of HIP eyeshadow from L'oreal. I bought this in Dashing. I have been using the black one as eyeliner and it's the only one that stays on. I have oily eye area and nothing stays on esp. eyeliner. The shadow is so pigmented and blendable. I should have bought more because it's half of what I paid for MAC eyeshadows! I am buying the HIP shadows from now on....