September 16, 2014 | 1773 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Smooth Sphere Organic Lip Balm in Honeysuckle Honeydew

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Sarah088

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is very very indeed unique. The smell and taste are gorgeous; it's kinda sweet. The moisturizing power is okay but it can't stay very long. The price and the quality comparison... Fair enough for the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this balm but the scent started to smother me and now it is kind of just sickly sweet to my nose. I don't like having it on my lips all that often, but the balm works nicely.

Summer Fruit and Passion Fruit have the same feel but a much more pleasant taste and smell. I just think the fake melon is really too sweet and overpowering in this one and I can't stand it for more than twenty minutes before I end up wiping it right off. It sounds dramatic but it does make me a bit nauseous to be honest.

I might have overdosed on the scent from liking it too much in the beginning, I don't know, because I liked it a lot the first time I used the flavor. Goes on smoothly and maintains healthy lips well but the scent is just not for me. I'd recommend another more mild-smelling EOS balm that won't feel like they're choking you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by frijolitas04

So fricken yummy I could take a bite out of it! Love it to death, it's like dessert in a chapstick, perfect for summer too! Didn't like the mint so much...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

It feels velvety smooth on the lips without being downright greasy, which is good. It's not as effective of a treatment as Vaseline's cocoa butter product is, but it helps heal dry lips. Just not mega dry broken scaly lips, if you know what Im talking about. I don't believe in the "organic cosmetics" hype, (because chemically all components are the same), but I do like this product. Packaging is super unique and nice, it applies easily and smoothly; it smells heavenly and it's not bitter at all. Overall, good product! But do I preffer this over the Vaseline Cocoa treatment for my super sickening dry lips? Definitely not.
If your lip problem is not as serious as mine, you should give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I love this. I have all the EOS lipbalms. My favourite is definitely Sweet Mint. Picking a second favourite is hard. Honeysuckle Honeydew tastes and smells amazing! It really leaves my lips soft and moisturized. I love it! My only complaint is the price, but I mean realistically it is organic and everything labelled organic is more expensive... -.-

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by missmich5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE LIP BALM FLAVOUR!!! I absolutely adore this one. It has the most relaxing scent and it makes me feel calm and at peace with myself. I love this and would recommend it to a lot of people. I love this one so much that i have 2 of it and i am going to head out and buy more today. :-) :-) :-) :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh man do I love Eos Lip balms. Natural ingredients, no silicones and I love putting them on. No more chapped, peely lips!!! I have a inherited problem with my lips constantly peeling and it's way worse in the winter. I have to exfoliate my lips daily. I go through one of these almost every month as it pretty much stays on my lips 24/7. Since using EOS my peeling lip problem has been under control completly. Yeah, a little more expensive than a traditional lip balm but It lasts awhile! the honeysuckle honeydew is my favorite flavor. Will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by bridona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this product was AMAZING!! It was smooth helped chapped libs and most of all it MOISTURISED your Lips!!!! Its smell was so good!! and the texture of it was to die for!! over all i loved this product and i would buy it again :) xx

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by heyitstran

I tried the eos in honeysuckle melon because I thought it was going to be a pleasant product to try, and I've heard wonderful reviews on these lip balm spheres. Sadly, I am not impressed. Eos or Burts Bees? .....I'll get to that later.

The lip balm does go on smooth which I love! But the product doesn't penetrate on my lips. My lips became so flaky after applying this lip balm. So disgusting. (My lips were never flaky before this)

The sphere is cute and smart marketing but I don't really care about the packaging. If the product doesn't work but the packaging is cute, it doesn't really serve the product's purposes in my opinion.

Hopefully just hopefully, as I continue to use this lip balm, my lips will get used to it and won't be so flaky.

I bought this eos also because it's made of natural ingredients, but I'm going to stick to the good old trustworthy Burt's Bee's in Peppermint next time (which is also made of natural ingredients)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had heard so many rave reviews on these lip balms, and finally decided to try one out. Honeysuckle honeydew seemed to be one that a lot of people enjoyed, plus I used to have a lip gloss pot that had a honeydew scent (I think it was wet n wild from the 90's) that I adored.

Scent: The scent of this product is pretty horrible in my opinion. It smells like a mixture of wax, high fructose corn syrup, and a very strong synthetic "melon" kind of scent. Softlips has eos beat on scent BY FAR. If I had to smell this product nonstop for more than a minute or so, I would probably be sick.

Performance: At first, this seemed to work well. It applied smoothly, not too heavily, and wasn't sticky. After a few hours it had worn off. Lip balm does that, so it wasn't a problem. Unfortunately, my lips had become super flaky over that period of time. Flakes were sticking up off of my lips and I found them irritating, so I removed them, which left my lips raw. My lips weren't flaky before I used this product. Essentially, it made my lips look and feel worse than before I had used this.

Packaging: I get it, the round packaging is supposed to be cute and unique. However, I found it actually rather difficult to apply because of the packaging. I have long fingers and they couldn't grip the packaging the way they would a normal lip product because there wasn't enough plastic to hold onto to steady the lip balm and keep it on my lips and not all over the surrounding area, as it is rather heavy packaging. Also, you can't put this lip balm in your pocket or in a clutch. It takes up a ton of space in a makeup bag because of all the extra plastic and the fact that it is round.

Overall: Big thumbs down. I will probably end up throwing this away, because I think it's pretty horrible and I wouldn't want to give it to someone else and screw up their lips too. This comes in second to last place of all the lip balms I've tried, last being the Yes to Pomegranates lip balm in the flattened tube packaging, which made my lips flaky like this one but about 10 times worse.