April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used everything from buf pufs, to the Olay spin brush, wash cloths and this. The Mia has made a world of difference in my skin. It somehow gets the deep down gunk out of my chin, cheeks and nose, smooths the texture of my skin overall, but never over-exfoliates or makes me red. I use this between 2 and 5 times a week and really notice a difference if I use it fewer than twice a week. My skin rarely breaks out any more, and it clears up much more quickly. I am so in love with this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by rjdcccslp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this thing. It is expensive, but worth every penny. I previously was using topical retinoids to chemically exfoliate my skin. My skin was really dry this past winter, so I stopped using the retinoid and only used my Clarisonic and Cerave lotion. My skin is the best it has ever been. I swear. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by already30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I would've had one decades ago!!!
I hate spending money on iffy gadgets. Got this on sale during Black Friday and I'm so glad I did. Now I don't feel like I always need to find a better exfoliator and I also feel like a budget cleanser is just fine, because the Clairsonic is doing the deep cleaning. In the long run, it's saving me money and my skin is doing better.
Also, the generic replacement brushes on Amazon are working just fine for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Unless you were born with perfect, poreless, blemish-free skin, you want one of these.
I have had my Clarisonic Mia for over four years now. For the first few months I used it, I didn't think it was making a huge difference. However, at some point maybe three years ago I went for about a month without using my Clarisonic, and that's when it dawned on me what an improvement this tool makes. When you start, the effects are relatively gradual so you might not see a major difference.
What I think the Clarisonic helps with: those little raised, colourless bumps that you typically get on your forehead - I think these are supposed to be clogged pores. Reducing blackheads in size and number. A brighter, smoother, more youthful, glowing skin tone. Exfoliation, and giving a really perfect, smooth base for makeup.
Also, I mentioned that I've had my Clarisonic for four years, and I think this alone indicates pretty amazing quality. Anytime I buy an expensive device, I'm concerned about how much life it's really going to have. I haven't noticed the Clarisonic losing its battery life in all of the time I've had it, nor have I had any other problems with it breaking or working improperly in any way. I've travelled with it many times, dropped it on the hard bathroom floor and in the shower on many occasions, and generally not treated it with the care it deserves. This is one sturdy mofo.
The biggest con of the Clarisonic is the cost of replacing the brush head. I would recommend replacing the brush head every three to four months. When you change out the brush head after three months, you will notice it works better. The bristles are straighter and firmer, and over the course of three months they will shift around a bit, bend, and become less effective. That said, the brush heads are expensive. I'd recommend buying a pack of four rather than purchasing the individually packaged heads, and buy online rather than in a store like Sephora, where they tend to overcharge and rarely sell packs of four. Fwiw, I think the "deep cleansing" brush heads work the best.
If you can't afford to replace the heads every three months, I'd recommend Googling for advice on disinfecting the brush head with alcohol or similar in order to avoid distributing bacteria, which accumulates on the brush over time, across your face as you cleanse.
I want to briefly mention my favourite skincare products to use with the Clarisonic in case someone reading these reviews, looking for a total skincare overhaul, might find success with them like I have: Himalaya Naturals Neem and Turmeric cleanser for normal to oily skin, and Now jojoba oil for moisturizer after cleansing. I stumbled on these about two years ago, and I'm never looking back. These products in conjunction with the Clarisonic have made my skin has been the best I've seen it, the most consistently, since I was like twelve years old.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

I am in love with this thing, wholeheartedly. It's so expensive for a personal care item, yes. But it was the best investment I've ever made for myself. I'm so glad I bought this! Anyone with any type of skin can use this and it will be a miracle worker.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product has changed my life. I have gone from oily, blackhead prone skin to normal skin. I use this every day especially on my nose and the crease area between my lips and chin (where I get blackheads) and my skin is now very clear (except the odd hormonal cheek breakout) and radiant. I can't recommend this enough-I have tried everything including monthly facials with extractions. NOTHING works as well as this does. Hands down the bed beauty purchase I ever made. Also as a bonus, it makes all your cleansers last longer as you need so little with the ClarisOnic.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ViolinistRita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is too harsh on my sensitive skin. It is NOT gentle as it markets and promotes!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Belle144

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I could not live without this product as it has done wonders for my skin. I do not use it everyday as I did at first, as it made my face dry and sore.
I use this as part of my once a week beauty regime where I steam my face, apply a scrub and then use the Clarisonic. I then apply moisturiser and my skin looks smooth and the wrinkles are definitely smoother!
I used to suffer from acne, which has now gone and I believe the Clarisonic had something to do with that. Also red marks I used to have on my skin can hardly be seen now.
Unfortunately I still have blackheads on my nose though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by oneseatapart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Clarisonic Mia because of my hyperpigmentation and generally dull looking skin. I do not get acne and don't get many pimples, despite having quite an oily t-section.
After trying the Clarisonic for a couple of weeks I thought it was great and my skin felt soft and my open pores on my nose and chin appeared to look smaller.
Then... I started get pimples. Not just one or two but about 10 or more. I thought this is just the 'purging' stage everyone talks about so I kept using for weeks more (1-2 times a day and very softly as recommended). I thought it would eventually clear up after a while but it didn't. I had pimples in places I've never had pimples before and I had several blackheads on my cheeks and around my nose, lips, chin. It was absolutely horrible, especially because I'm not a pimple/blackhead person usually. I stopped using immediately.

It's now taken about 6 weeks to get my skin back to how it was before. Thank goodness!

I guess if you already have clean and clear skin, it might make it worse. If you have problematic skin and are yet to find a solution, you never know it might work for you.... But not for me..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by spikefive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im a guy and have very oily skin, but its condition is good. No blemishes or acne.
I bought the clarisonic hoping it would make my skin produce less oil and make my pores appear smaller.
I didn't notice huge difference in those concerns, but my other products sank in much better and my face was perfectly clean and soft every day. This is not an exfoliator, this is just avery goos skin ckeansing system. For now Im using the sensitive brush head and am satisfied, but I may try the deep pore one aswell. One more thing - the purging time does exist, upon first use I got one big spot on my face and thought that this does nothing, but I used it anyway. That period lasted about a week ( horrible week), but now my skin is claer as never before and I am happy I inveted in this!