July 31, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - None Of Your Beeswax

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by KiddieLitre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this lib balm from LUSH.
I tried the Honey Trap one before and I prefer this non-beeswax formula.
The consistency suits me more. It feels like it sinks into your lips better.
This is a great option if you are vegan, as well!
The smell is also pleasant. A nice hint of lemon : )
Although not overpowering.

5/5 Lippies! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

Much to my surprise, I actually like the None of Your Beeswax lip balm from Lush. It is much smaller than I expected it to be (I ordered it online) and I probably would not have spent the money on it had I realized how small it was. However, I know that I'm getting every last bit of the lip balm out because of the tin packaging.
I really like the packaging, actually, because it's a little easier to carry around than a tube and it can be easily reused for DIY solid perfumes and lip balms, as well, so I'm very happy with the packaging!
As for the lip balm itself, it is a thick and waxy yellow balm that is distinctly lemon in scent. I like the buttery, waxy consistency because the lip balm stays on for a very long time and truly coats my lips. The flavor isn't fantastic, but obviously this lip balm isn't a foodstuff, so there is that haha. I prefer all natural products and have found that Lush doesn't actually deliver on that front- many of their products contain ingredients that we all-natural buffs tend to avoid- parabens, sulfates, artificial colors, fragrances, flavors, etcetera. This lip balm contains "flavor" as its only really questionable ingredient, and I'm content with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by xocloebooo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love how it starts rough and melts into a nice butter. after a day of using it I did have a little bit of a plastic-ey feel to my lips, but they were very smooth. I love the scent!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm really not a fan of this. The texture is weird and I can't stand the smell. It's got a distinct smell of lemon, but mostly it's just something artificial and waxy. I'm really put off by how it looks as well.

It doesn't really do anything for my dry lips either, so I really have no use for this. I was hoping it would help with the dryness of my lips, but it really didn't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a good balm. It does require warming before application because otherwise, it'll apply quite gritty and not sink in too well.
I find that it works well on super-cold, dry days when I need to have a protective barrier. However, in terms of long-lasting moisture, it falls short. It's not quite as absorbent as some other balms I've tried, so if you're like me and you have an issue with dry, cracked, flaking lips, this might not do much.
In a pinch, it's good. It'll do the job temporarily. It's compact, so it'll fit in your pocket with ease and is really portable in that respect. However, it's in a tin, which can make for some issues with hygiene. I'd prefer a stick, though I don't know how well this formula would hold up in stick form.
For now, I'll stick with my Crazy Rumors balms as I find them to be far superior in formulation (longest lasting moisture ever - my lips get so plump!), and they are easier to just pop out of my pocket and apply without the greasy finger after effect of dipping into a pot. But if those ever get discontinued (OMG PLEASE DON'T), I'd probably go with the Lush balm as an in-between fix until finding something better.
The smell, however, is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

expensive for something so tiny BUT definitely worth every peso i paid for it. me and my 5 year old daughter have very dry lips--hers is worse because they crack through the night making smiling painful for her. we've used blistex, chapstick, petroleum jelly, argan oil, etc but although they helped a bit, none of it was a long term solution until this product. what a miracle worker this is! within ten minutes, the beeswax was absorbed by the dry skin making it really easy to exfoliate the dead skin. maintaining our soft lips requires application once at bedtime only. suffice to say we've kissed dry lips goodbye!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by CanadianPocky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, let me explain the horribleness of my lips. They're gross, wrinkly, peeling, dry and need constant exfoliation. After exfoliation, I slather these on and presto! Amazingly soft and moisturized lips. it's kind of glossy, and goes on thin so there's hardly a case where I over apply. It doesn't last that long, only about 1 or 2 hours, so that's a downside. And the tin is not the best container for it, but its small and I can fit it easily into my uniform cardigan pockets. The balm itself is a bit solid, but once you apply it it melts right into your lips. It's about 7 or 9 dollars CAD, which is cheap compared to alot of hit and miss lip balms I have. I am definitely repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by scotophobic

I used to love this but something changed. I compared their old tins to the new ones and the ingredients are different. It smells great but it's not moisturizing. It's very thick and is more of a protective barrier than a moisturizer. Great for skiing and winter time, but not so good for chapped lips.

The grittiness others' mentioned is hit or miss, I've bought about 10 of these in the course of my life (I'm vegan, not many other options) and experienced the grittiness twice. If you let them melt they turn into something completely different that works better, IMHO.

**EDIT**
The thick waxiness I experienced before was a layer over the top. Since getting through this layer it's been applying much better. It also helps to really melt it with your finger before applying it to your lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by galacticfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a vegan, this was my only option to try a lip balm from Lush. It does smell a bit lemony, but also somewhat artificial and 'waxy'--smells similar to how it looks. I tend to have dry lips (even though winter is over) and have been trying to repair them with a lip balm, without much success. On normal lips without any problems, this balm could be useful. But if you have lips that easily dry out and peel from time to time, this won't help.
+ interesting texture and smell
+ cool packaging
- unsuitable for normal/dry lips that need repair and moisture. re: never try putting this on very dry lips--a thick layer of this balm will just sit on the lips, still visible, and never soak in.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by alt629

smells exactly like lemon meringue. nice and creamy. stays on pretty well and helps out with the chapped feeling while it's on, but it does seem like when it wears away, my lips are feeling a bit drier than before. overall i like it.