April 17, 2014 | 1892 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - None Of Your Beeswax

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by xocloebooo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love how it starts rough and melts into a nice butter. after a day of using it I did have a little bit of a plastic-ey feel to my lips, but they were very smooth. I love the scent!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm really not a fan of this. The texture is weird and I can't stand the smell. It's got a distinct smell of lemon, but mostly it's just something artificial and waxy. I'm really put off by how it looks as well.

It doesn't really do anything for my dry lips either, so I really have no use for this. I was hoping it would help with the dryness of my lips, but it really didn't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a good balm. It does require warming before application because otherwise, it'll apply quite gritty and not sink in too well.
I find that it works well on super-cold, dry days when I need to have a protective barrier. However, in terms of long-lasting moisture, it falls short. It's not quite as absorbent as some other balms I've tried, so if you're like me and you have an issue with dry, cracked, flaking lips, this might not do much.
In a pinch, it's good. It'll do the job temporarily. It's compact, so it'll fit in your pocket with ease and is really portable in that respect. However, it's in a tin, which can make for some issues with hygiene. I'd prefer a stick, though I don't know how well this formula would hold up in stick form.
For now, I'll stick with my Crazy Rumors balms as I find them to be far superior in formulation (longest lasting moisture ever - my lips get so plump!), and they are easier to just pop out of my pocket and apply without the greasy finger after effect of dipping into a pot. But if those ever get discontinued (OMG PLEASE DON'T), I'd probably go with the Lush balm as an in-between fix until finding something better.
The smell, however, is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

expensive for something so tiny BUT definitely worth every peso i paid for it. me and my 5 year old daughter have very dry lips--hers is worse because they crack through the night making smiling painful for her. we've used blistex, chapstick, petroleum jelly, argan oil, etc but although they helped a bit, none of it was a long term solution until this product. what a miracle worker this is! within ten minutes, the beeswax was absorbed by the dry skin making it really easy to exfoliate the dead skin. maintaining our soft lips requires application once at bedtime only. suffice to say we've kissed dry lips goodbye!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by CanadianPocky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, let me explain the horribleness of my lips. They're gross, wrinkly, peeling, dry and need constant exfoliation. After exfoliation, I slather these on and presto! Amazingly soft and moisturized lips. it's kind of glossy, and goes on thin so there's hardly a case where I over apply. It doesn't last that long, only about 1 or 2 hours, so that's a downside. And the tin is not the best container for it, but its small and I can fit it easily into my uniform cardigan pockets. The balm itself is a bit solid, but once you apply it it melts right into your lips. It's about 7 or 9 dollars CAD, which is cheap compared to alot of hit and miss lip balms I have. I am definitely repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by scotophobic

I used to love this but something changed. I compared their old tins to the new ones and the ingredients are different. It smells great but it's not moisturizing. It's very thick and is more of a protective barrier than a moisturizer. Great for skiing and winter time, but not so good for chapped lips.

The grittiness others' mentioned is hit or miss, I've bought about 10 of these in the course of my life (I'm vegan, not many other options) and experienced the grittiness twice. If you let them melt they turn into something completely different that works better, IMHO.

**EDIT**
The thick waxiness I experienced before was a layer over the top. Since getting through this layer it's been applying much better. It also helps to really melt it with your finger before applying it to your lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by galacticfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a vegan, this was my only option to try a lip balm from Lush. It does smell a bit lemony, but also somewhat artificial and 'waxy'--smells similar to how it looks. I tend to have dry lips (even though winter is over) and have been trying to repair them with a lip balm, without much success. On normal lips without any problems, this balm could be useful. But if you have lips that easily dry out and peel from time to time, this won't help.
+ interesting texture and smell
+ cool packaging
- unsuitable for normal/dry lips that need repair and moisture. re: never try putting this on very dry lips--a thick layer of this balm will just sit on the lips, still visible, and never soak in.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by alt629

smells exactly like lemon meringue. nice and creamy. stays on pretty well and helps out with the chapped feeling while it's on, but it does seem like when it wears away, my lips are feeling a bit drier than before. overall i like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I bought this because I wanted a lip balm that would moisturize and make my lips feel smooth. This one is descent but acts more like an ointment than a lip balm. I'll explain:

PROS: (1) excellent if you want a barrier to protect your lips, if you apply it at night, you will wake up with it still on. (2) smells like lemon, mandarine, and vanilla- so nice and refreshing. (3) No taste.

CONS: (1) minimally moisturizes, even if you rub it in really well- it will not make your lips smooth and plump the next day. As I said, it's more like an ointment or protective barrier- that's it. (2) very gritty, you have to rub it in between fingers to apply it, than rub it along your lips to 'smoothen' the balm out so the balls of wax don't cling to your lips like eraser debris. (3) packaging, I don't like rubbing my fingers into the product, or scraping of a layer with my nails. I wish they used the same black push up tube packaging from the new Gueralla perfume line (solid perfumes). It would be so much more convenient for application in public or on the go.

Overall, I was not too impressed. If you want a really moisturizing lip balm- Lush's Honey Trap is amazing, it feels like silk on your lips and does everything I good lip balm should.
Happy Shopping!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by wishbone

What i like about this product:

- Smell. Lovely fresh citrusy smell, not overly sweet or synthetic smelling. Not flavoured, and doesnt have any taste, which would be good for some.

- Moisturising. Feels nice and light and slippy on lips, and doesn't leave any strange residue or flakyness. Does sink in, but also feels like it acts a "barrier" which i like in balms.

- Multitasking. If in a pinch, i've found it works well on using it on flaky bits of skin. Also nice to use to sleeken down eyebrows.

- Vegan. Personally, i'm not, but i imagine this would be a big plus for some.

Things i didn't like about this product:

- Grittyness. Can definately feel little balls of wax when using my fingers, however i've found warming it up does make it better. Its most likely due to the type of waxes used, but it does make the texture not so nice.

- Hardness. When its cold, its solid, and very hard to get product. Again, warming it up in your hands takes care of this, but it can get a little annoying.

- Packaging. Its nice that its recyclable, but the tins get dinted very easily, particularly the lid. This can sometimes be problematic, as it can sometimes make it hard to unscrew the lid.

Overall, I do like this balm, however not enough to want to buy it again. It smells nice and is moisturising, and i love lush as a brand, however the grittyness and packaging make me not so keen for it.