July 31, 2014 | 1874 users online

Conditioner - Kiehl's - Amino Acid Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

This leaves my fine, oiler at roots, dryer at ends hair feeling coated and dirty, no matter how little I use or how much I rinse. Also, I think the scent is very synthetic; like fake coconut buried in an artificial, chemical haze. Really expensive, too. Luckily I only bought a small tube so I'll have to use it up in a henna gloss or something. Waste of money :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by alissas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works wonderfully on my thin, fine and slightly damaged (colored and flat-ironed) hair. It leaves my hair silky and soft, without weighing it down. That being said, I don't think it would work well on very coarse or frizzy hair, which probably needs a heavier and silicone-based conditioner. The coconut fragrance is pleasant and not too overpowering, and I like the fact that the product is paraben free. It's not cheap, but it's comparable to other high end conditioners. I'm glad I didn't read the negative reviews of this conditioner before I purchased it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If I hadn't tried Kiehl's Hair Conditioner and Grooming Aid Formula 133, which I prefer, I'd repurchase this. The scent is fantastic, and it leaves my hair smooth & soft.

My hair needs significantly less conditioner than shampoo to feel nice, so I'm less bothered by it not being very concentrated at its price point than I am with the Amino Acid shampoo. Is it a fabulous deal? LOLyeahno. But it's not a massive rip-off either, unlike L'Occitane's tragically reformulated Aromachologie products.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

It didn't work for me. I thought conditioners were supposed to make your hair smoother and more hydrated, but this didn't do the job. Using only the shampoo was better than using this conditioner. The smelled like coconut and it didn't make my hair greasy - so if you like lightweight conditioner it might be ok for you. But this wasn't for me who likes Pantine or Ojon type of hair products.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by aychan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a drop down for "maybe" will purchase again. My random points on this product:
- works ok - don't think it does better than a normal Pantene conditioner
- VERY pricey for such a small bottle
- smells ok - not enough coconut scent!
- probably won't repurchase as it's too expensive and I'm not seeing amazing improvements to my hair

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by DSNW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing conditioner!
It detangles my hair instantly and leaves it so soft! At the same time it's light and doesn't weigh my hair down. I also love the coconutty scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this conditioner- it is a very mild coconut scent that unfortunately doesnt really linger that much after you get out of the shower.
This makes my hair feel very soft but thinner than my other hair care products I have tried. My hair (described by my hairdressers as thick and wavy) feels thinner and flatter when I use this shampoo and conditioner. Almost like when I tried Paul Mitchell's skinny combination.
I would say that this is a gentle conditioner, not too heavy; which means if you have really dehydrated hair I dont think this is for you.
I will not repurchase just because I dont like the way it makes my hair feel thinner and because it is quite pricey and I have other pricy products that I prefer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Takumi

This product is not worth for the value..it costs about 30-40 USD for 500ml. For the first use i'm quite satisfy with the outcome but after few month of usage my hair is quite frizzy and weightless (lifeless). I can't see any shine on my hair and i feel that it doesn't moisturise my hair enough. I think that the coconut and wheat protein stuff will stick to my face making my pore clogged (which i have a very acne probe skin) because ever since i use this stuff my face will breakout easily. Now i use cheaper Dove nourishing oil care conditioner which is much better than this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by mimimachine

Not a fan. I like the shampoo but this stuff left a nasty heavy residue on my hair. I rinsed well so it's not that I left product in. My hair doesn't even feel clean even though I JUST washed it. I could feel the residue sitting on my hair even when it was damp. I love the smell of this and love that it has less chemicals but the price is high for a crappy product. My hair is color-treated, long, and thick/straight. I put the conditioner on the lower half of my hair and didn't put any on the upper half and roots. The top half feels fine (used the Amino Acid shampoo) but the bottom half is gross, sticky-ish, and it feels coated. I will not use this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by womanwarrior

First of all, I am a HUGE fan of Kiehl's Amino Acid shampoo. I'd go as far to say that it is my HG of HG shampoo. So when I went to pick up a new bottle of shampoo and the saleslady showed me this conditioner, I got sucked into buying it, too. Big mistake. The Amino Acid conditioner is very thin and watery feeling, as if it just disappears on my medium textured Asian hair. Probably because it's silicone free. I did finish the bottle, because I was too busy to return it, and I do like the coconut scent. Now, I am back to my Formula 133 Conditioner and Groom (something like that) and have smooth, shiny hair again.