TheBalm To The Rescue Vegan Lip Treatment

Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Esters, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ricinus communis (Castor) Seed Oil. Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cannabis sativa Seed Oil, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Olea europaea (Olive) Oil, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Oil.

on 3/4/2012 11:33:00 PM

The fact that ALL net proceeds of this goes to help pugs in need is the most amazing part of this lip balm. Other than that, it is a pretty standard product. Smells like peppermint and comes in a nice compact. It's not really moisturizing enough for cold climates. Would not repurchase (rather just give my money directly to a pug charity).

on 5/3/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this I love brand as well as the pug rescue charity. But it is not, by far, my favorite lip balm, especially for the price ($16). I love the mirror compact but get none of the exfoliating properties that it is supposed to have, so as far is a lip balm goes, it's okay. Nothing special. But again, I like a pug rescue.

on 1/2/2010 12:04:00 AM

I love this product!!! At first, I admit, I found it on Sephora and was attracted to it because of its charitable aspect--ALL net proceeds from this product are donated to Pug Rescue. I've never seen a cosmetic product before that supports animal rescue, but what kind of animal rescue volunteer would I be if I turned it down? A very cranky one with chapped lips. I didn't notice until I got it that it's vegan, too. I have to admit that had me a little worried; I thought it would be really dry or something. It is actually a great lip balm that lasts for a long time and has prevented my lips from cracking! It's not so thin that you would think it's a gloss-wannabe, but it isn't too thick and gunky to wear in public. The scent is great, a little menthol-y.
The packaging is really cute. The box has a picture of a pug with a cape and lipstick (according to her cape, her name is Wheezie) flying over a city. On the front is a vintage picture of a woman holding a pug. The lip balm itself comes in a compact approximately the size of a powder compact, and it has a mirror, too.
Full disclosure--I actually requested this as a Christmas gift from my mother, and she loved the Pug Rescue benefit so much that she bought herself one, too! The price is $16 which is a little steep for lip balms in general (but I'm not a theBalm regular, so maybe it's just in line with their products), but it works so well that I would rebuy it even without the Pug Rescue aspect.

on 8/31/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best lip treatment ever... and profits go to a good cause :)

on 7/16/2009 10:40:00 PM

Love this lip balm!!! My daughter and I are addicted! It is difficult to find, so I replaced it with something else and ended up looking for it online. It is long lasting, I apply it to my lips and it lasts, not like others that i have to continuously have to reapply.

It also acts exfoliates, so your lips feel smooth. The minty flavor slightly tingles and feels nice and refreshing. It comes in a compact with a mirror, which I really don't find much use for. Who needs a mirror to apply clear lip balm with?

The price is steep, but it does last forever and part of the proceeds does go to the pug rescue. Overall a great product and the best lip balm I have found.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This saucerish plastic compact is chock full of lipbalm. It's big enough to pick up and press your lips into if you don't want to use your finger to apply. The balm inside is colorless and moisturizing (and vegan!). There's a large mirror in the lid - I used to keep it on my desk at work just for that.

The balm itself is moisturizing and slightly minty. I've had it for over a year and it's still going strong. All the proceeds go to Pug Rescue and the box has adorable drawings of a woman holding a pug.. the back has a drawing of theBalm's mascot, Wheezie, with a cape on. My heart, it melts!!!

However, there are some negatives (hence my three lippie review). The price is a bit steep (it was $14 when I bought it in 2008 and is now $16). The design on the compact itself is not terribly cute. The balm has "exfoliating crystals" - it never really thrilled me. When I ordered from beauty.com, it arrived with the latch broken. The replacement hasn't broken and beauty.com is notoriously skimpy on packing materials, but it's not a "throw in your bag and don't worry about it" compact.

All in all, it's not a bad product, but there are so many great balms out there in more convenient packaging for better prices. You know what? Put a picture of Wheezie on the compact and we'll talk.

Popular Lip Treatments