August 28, 2014 | 587 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Equate - Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Kerae

This stuff is terrible. I poured it out after several days of trying to get it to work. Removes nothing, especially not mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Decent at getting eyeshadow off. Not so much for eyeliner or mascara. Has a nice smell and was cheap, but nothing special. I chiefly bought to clean off faux eyelashes, which it does a decent job at. Supposedly you shouldn't use an oil based makeup remover for that.

For the purpose of using as a faux/false lash cleaner this is a 4, but as an eye makeup remover this is about a 2....thus the 3 lippies. Much better eye makeup removers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

GET THE DUPE OF NEUTROGENA. SERIOUSLY. DO IT NOW. BETTER THAN BIFACIL for all of you expensive ladies.

DO NOT GET THE LOREAL ONE. IT IS HORRID.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Wow this is probably the worst makeup remover I have EVER tried. It removes NOTHING and it burns my eyes. Literally removes nothing. I tried so hard to remove mascara and eyelashes fell off without removing the mascara. Beware. I found nothing soothing about this either.

I have no idea why this is even on the market as a remover. I had to break down and use coconut oil to get mascara off and eyeliner that glides off with other brands. This stuff sucks. Save your money; it may only be $3.98 but I wasted that on this crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by pandatours

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the Equate makeup remover towelettes....so I'm not really sure why the liquid form is just rubbish. It barely removes any makeup and it kind of stings your eyes. Definitely not worth the money, get the towelettes instead.

The reason for two stars though is that this may be a good cheap MU remover if you do a lot of swatches. Usually when I'm trying out different combinations on the back of my hand I'll just pour it over the makeup and scrub then give a quick rinse under water. I don't feel guilty for wasting it like that so that's the only scenario in which I might repurchase (not likely though)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because it was a whole of product for a little price. I have waterproof eyeliner and mascara on and this does not remove it at all. It burns a little when I get it in my eyes and it makes my eye itchy afterwards. This consistency reminds me of a watered down liquid soap because it looks really soap when I shake the bottle. I do not like this makeup remover at all. Not repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a simple product but it's a staple. I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner, so I can't comment on its ability to take off that off, but just for regular eye makeup, it works well. It's cheap, doesn't give you that cloudy eye thing if it gets in your eye, and works well at getting everything off. I also pour a little on a cotton pad and take the gel eyeliner off of my brush if I don't have time to wash it. I see no reason to purchase the actual brand as this one works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by ashley54501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I compared the ingredient list to the Neutrogena one and they are EXACTLY the same. I can't notice a difference between the two except that this one is a lot cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You have to use a lot of product and significant effort to remove even non-waterproof mascara. There are much better options like the Neutrogena or the Harmon Face-Values Oil Free Makeup Removers so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

So I tried this eye makeup remover when I was searching for a cheaper alternative to Lancôme Bifacial oil free remover. I think this one works almost as well as Lancôme...it might take me a few seconds longer to remove makeup with equate but it's just as gentle and so much cheaper. This also doesn't sting my eyes like some eye makeup removers can so that is a huge plus. If I ran out I might purchase it again, although I am currently using olive oil as a eye makeup remover and I like it better than anything I have ever used before. Olive oil is gentle and removes eye makeup so easy....and even though it's an oil it doesn't seem to cause milia like some of the oil based eye makeup removers I have used in the past.