October 25, 2014 | 1712 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by tiana89

DONT!
$14 for the smallest sample size stick. I wanted this because it said "all natural".
Well, it has the strongest cologne smell..like an alcohol perfumey smell that I'm allergic to (as i am allergic to scents..which is why i wanted a "natural" deodorant).

Even more…it didn't work! It did not stop any sweat and it made me smell. I could have smelt better not wearing any deodorant at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so glad I only bought the small trial size of this, because OMG it makes me stink more than if I wore nothing! I don't even know where the BO comes from, normally I don't stink like this lol.

I love the scent and I have and adore the perfume, so I figured this would be nice to have too...boy was I wrong. It does absolutely nothing.
I don't perspire much so I can't talk about the protection from wetness this may give (although I have doubts it works in this department!), but it definitely doesn't supress BO. If anything, it causes it.

Yeah...not worth the price tag...actually I wouldn't use it again even if it was free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this deo in Vanilla Lemon, in an attempt to try to go with a more natural deodorant. It smells amazing. The first few days I used this, I noticed I was sweating more than I usually do. After a few days, it seems my body adjusted and I could wear this all day at work without stinking or sweating very much, which is great. It does need to be reapplied if I go for yoga mid-day or am outside too long, but I don't find it a huge inconvenience. The price is bit steep, so I took a lippie off. Also, the packaging is rather hefty. I guess they do that so you can feel like it's fancy, but it just adds more weight to my already heavy purse. Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to transition to a healthier deodorant, give it a few days and I'm sure you'll like it. I'm very happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm shocked that this works, as I have very little faith in natural deodorants. I'm not that sweaty of a person but in Texas in the summer, everyone is gonna get a little damp - to say the least. I bought this for the smell (Lavender Vanilla, yum) and didn't expect to get much use out of it except maybe in winter. To my great surprise, when I (probably unwisely) took the plunge and wore it out all day, it totally kept me stink-free. I didn't reapply or anything.

I took a lippie off for the fact that it's SUPER white and will get all over a black sleeveless anything. Since that's a significant part of my wardrobe, I still have to stick to my Dove or Crystal deodorants for black sleeveless days. I never thought I'd have to allocate space for multiple deodorants, but it's still a good product that I'd recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh I wish natural deodorants worked better for me! This one is one of the better ones if only that it smells so so good (grapefruit vanilla) that I happily reapply. The texture is really nice and feels cooling and almost powdery on the skin. No funny marks or clumpiness. Have only removed one star for needing two applications a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by librarykrystal

At first, it was amazing. I didn't stink after a moving day in 90-degree heat! At the end of my first stick, I was happy enough to buy another. But, over the next few months, it's effectiveness waned. I slowly began noticing that my pits were quite stinky after a few hours of television. The worst part, though, is how it began making me sweat more than normal. Yes, that's right. My pits sweat significantly more when wearing this deodorant than they do with none. Yuck! And when that happens, the whiteness of this solid (although not noticeable on my pale pit) melted onto my black tank top. A rim of white crust at the bottom edge of my arm-hole. It washed out just fine, but I'm hugely disappointed (and... eww). I tried my husband's deodorant (also not an anti-perspirant) and my pits had a nice, normal day - then I came back to Lavanilla, and BOOM! So. Much. Sweat. At least the effect isn't permanent! Lavanilla and I had a great romance, but it was short-lived. Now we're mortal enemies - I'd rather use my fella's brand and smell like a dude than have giant wet patches under my arms for the world to see (and smell).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by wanderingmusician

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This deodorant has a really nice creamy texture and is easy to apply. Its not slimy and goes on dry with a powdery residue which I like. Unfortunately the scent I choose ( vanilla/coconut) doesn't work well with my body chemistry. It has a really powdery scent to it that just doesn't mix well with my bo. Kind of smells like a stinky baby or something. I really like the package design really sturdy and easy to travel with. It was really pricey but if the scent worked for me I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Lovely light scent but unfortunately this deodorant does not last all day. I need to apply every 4-5 hours to ensure I am fresh. Big disappointment considering its on the pricey side

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ghoulnextdoor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On a recent trip to DC the airline lost our luggage and since they were reimbursing us for our expenses I figured I would splurge on a "fancy" deodorant. Of all the things on which to splurge. Jeez. I've got to reassess my priorities.

Anyhow, the product itself smells very nice - a lovely combination of "fresh" and "clean" and mildly sweet. Once applied, however, I have found that the scent dissipates very quickly and after an hour or so in the warm weather, seems to disappear altogether. Up until that point I was blissfully unaware of how truly, incomparably awful my own body smelled in the absence of deodorizing beauty products. My god. That foul stench was coming from me? Unbelievable! Inconceivable! I had to keep surreptitiously sniffing myself to remind myself that yes, that vile odor was actually emanating from my person. You know the wiggly waves that come off smelly people in comics and cartoons? I am pretty sure that's what my olfactory aura looked like during this time.

As someone who always smells pretty great (in my humble opinion), this turn of events -while disappointing and which made me a bit of a social pariah for the remainder of my vacation - was absolutely fascinating. I had no idea, NO IDEA that one human being could smell so bad. Well, I am here to tell you that they can, and apparently lacking properly effective deodorants, I am the equivalent of a ticking stinkbomb.

I cannot in good faith recommend this product. Who knows what evil lurks under our arms when we are caught unawares by an an incompetent deodorant? Steer clear from this product, and you'll not have to ever find out.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had never tried this and I love it!!!! I recommend this deodorant to everyone. I love that it doesn't leave a residue and smells light and fresh. I will keep repurchasing. A +++++