Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant

3.4

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This deodorant rules! I tried the travel size from sephora. It is a little more expensive than your average drug store buy, but totally worth it. It smells really good, goes on easy, and lasts all day (from morning to after work-work out). When this runs out I am for sure going to buy the full size!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased in Vanilla Coconut after hearing about this from MakeupbyTiffanyD. It worked for about two months and it stopped working. I tried using it again after I stopped using it for a few weeks and the BO was inevitable. I will not repurchase.

I heard about this deodorant on YouTube in January, when I was on the hunt for an aluminum-free alternative. Without hunting it down in Sephora to test/smell firsthand, I trusted the Youtuber and ordered a stick online in the Pure Vanilla scent.

This stuff smells soooo good. Sweet vanilla, but not overwhelming in the least. A stick of the Pure Vanilla scent will last me around 3 months. With this particular scent I have to reapply throughout the day to keep my body odor in check. (Side note: I work in an office but I'm constantly running around throughout the day, so I need something to keep me civilized and approachable)

After going through my second stick of Pure Vanilla, I purchased the Vanilla-Coconut scent because I heard this particular scent was good for people that found themselves needing to reapply the Pure Vanilla scent. THEY WERE RIGHT! This is my new go-to deodorant. LOVE IT.

Both products are VERY gentle and moisturizing, which has been an issue in the past with other natural deodorants. They either irritated my skin and left red bumps or felt tacky and sticky under the arm. This doesn't do that at all.

I will repurchase this deodorant again and again as my daily, every day deodorant. LaVanila deodorant is not a heavy duty deodorant. If I'm going to run and workout, I'll reach for my Arm & Hammer natural deodorant. But for a general, run-of-the-mill day LaVanila is GREAT.
I haven't tried the Sport version but I plan on doing that at some point.

My only con is when you near the end of the stick there's a good amount of product stuck on the pump that you can't get to. Unless you scoop it out with your fingertips..

Let me start by saying I cannot believe I don't wear antiperspirant any more. I mean, I'm the kind of person who is so paranoid about sweat marks on clothes that I wear pretty much only printed tops in the summer so that I don't get the under-boob sweat lines or a big gross wet spot on my lower back. I'm not exceptionally sweaty by nature, but I'm not one of those people who looks cool and comfortable all the time, either.

Anyway, I originally grabbed this deodorant on a whim on the line of temptation at the Sephora registers. I thought it would be a decent replacement for my dc'ed Lush Coconut Deo Powder, which I used to use after I showered at night so my underarms felt comfortable but I didn't have to put on antiperspirant. Am I the only person who feels like you can never really get antiperspirant off in the shower? Maybe I used to use really strong stuff? I don't know. It felt like no matter how much I scrubbed or what I used I could always feel a residue under my arms, and it was gross so I tried to limit how much I used but like I said, I'm paranoid about sweat marks and odor.

So anyway, at first I didn't really dig this because it felt sticky to me. Then someone told me that the trick is not applying it to wet or damp skin; your underarms have to be fully dry, so wait 10-15 mins after you get out of the shower. It made a WORLD of difference! It felt really nice on my skin! I still didn't use it during the day though, until I went away for the weekend and forgot my actual antiperspirant. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to just use this since I would be wearing big sweaters anyway.

I fricking love this! We did a 2 mile hike and not only did my underarms smell lovely (no kidding!) I didn't feel any wetness either! I know this isn't an antiperspirant (how many times can I say antiperspirant in my review?) but it certainly seems to work like one for me!
Someone below mentioned that you won't get that "I almost don't need to apply anything" feeling the next morning like you do with your normal antiperspirant, and that's true. Once or twice I've even applied it again after work to freshen up if I were going out, but I NEVER feel a build-up and I have yet to offend anyone lol

If you're skeptical (and you should be!) grab the little one and try it! I know it seems so stupidly expensive when you can get Secret and Suave and all of that for $3 or so, but it's definitely worth it to me not be blocking my body's normal, healthy functions with harsh chemicals. Also, not gonna lie, it makes me feel fancy lol. =)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this deodorant. Granted, I've only been using it for a few days, but in those few days it's taken on two hot yoga classes and one of my favourite sweaters that unfortunately makes me notoriously stinky. Even after the hot yoga, my pits were almost completely dry and stink-free (unless I stick my nose right in there and sniff hard)! I love the consistency compared to other natural deos I've tried, a couple rubs leaves a smooth, thin layer that smells great and doesn't transfer onto clothes. Even if the price isn't the lowest, for me, it's 100% worth it for a product that works!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a bit of a connoisseur of designer "fancy" type deodorants. I've had Estée Lauder Youth Dew & Fresh Lemon Sugar roll ons as well as LUSH's Aromaco & T'eo to name a few (for brevity's sake), but I took the plunge (couldn't decide which 1 to get!) so I ordered all 4 of the Lavanilla deo's (vanilla, lavender, grapefruit, & coconut) as well as the pure vanilla perfume roller ball & am very impressed by this brand! The deo's all smell really good, are effective & it's fun being able to pick 1 to wear (I apply deo twice a day normally), + a bonus is having the perfumes to go with them if u so desire to layer the scent. I'm a bit of a vanilla freak so vanilla is my #1. $14 is extravagant yes but the smallest simple pleasures in life are life at its finest! I was using Dial from the Dollar Tree for the longest time, I rec'd that highly if you require a heavy duty AP/deo ($1 can't be beat! I've never seen it sold anywhere besides Dollar Tree). I find this brand's scents to be too feminine to be unisex, I think this is a product best suited to females unless ur a dude who wants to smell like a chick (nothing wrong w that of course), but these scents are not traditionally masculine to me. Hey they should add a dude scent! I'm all for equal opportunity sweating & deodorants!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

To start with: I'm particularly sweaty & always go for the max strength deodorant! I typically use Mitchum 48 Hour roll-on, which lasts throughout most of the day for me. I decided to try this as I'd heard a lot of praise, not to mention I adore the Vanilla Grapefruit perfume. And natural deodorant is meant to be so much better for you (apparently).

I picked up the full size deodorant in the same scent - it smells gorgeous! It's a cream stick deodorant rather than a liquid/gel formula, which is new for me. A few swipes under the arms is enough. However, this formula sadly doesn't last the day for me - I'm too much of a sweaty person unfortunately! I really need something stronger than this. It's ideal for after a bath or shower in the evening and does smell wonderful, but for controlling day-to-day sweat and odour it's not for me! My search for a genuinely effective natural deodorant continues..

I was really hesitant to try a natural deodorant because I've heard that they do not work as well.. However this one exceeded my expectations. (Vanilla lavender scent) It's even better than the chemically infused antiperspirant in drugstores and it has such a pleasant, clean scent. I worked an 8 hour day in a sweaty restaurant (wore this for a total of 10 hours that day) and by the end of the day, it only STARTED to smell like it was coming off. There is no sticky feeling when applying, NO white marks at all, and it completely masks odor and wetness throughout the day (even better than any antiperspirant I've used, oddly). Not to mention it doesn't take forever to scrub off in the shower. I can't say it enough how glad I am that I switched over to this product. Overall, a fantastic AND healthy alternative. Love it !

This is... the best deodorant I have ever tried. Ever. I bought the travel size (0.9 oz) at Sephora about 4 months ago. I just used it up, using it once everyday. I have the Pure Vanilla scent, which smells like real vanilla and a hint of baby powder. I'm not against the scent but I also don't love it.

The first week I used this, I absolutely HATED it. Yes, you read that correct. I HATED it. I go to the gym very often (everyday in the summer) and the first week it didn't cover up any scent AT ALL. It didn't even cover up scent when I was just sweating from the heat.

But then I heard someone say that you needed to keep on using it so that your body could adjust to it, etc etc. Reluctantly, I took that advice (I didn't want to waste the $8.00 I spent on my travel sized deodorant lol) and kept on using it.

About a week or two later, it miraculously help up through intense exercise (note that what I think intense exercise might be different how you think intense exercise is lol) and I was smelling good and fresh all day.

I guess the "moral" of the story is to keep on using it and using it so your body "adjusts" to the deodorant. I did that, and now I am absolutely in love with it.

Now I just need to find time to buy another bottle of it, because I completely used up my old one. Too bad it's sold out EVERYWHERE in all the Sephora's near me. Yeah.

Works all day long on my sweaty body and great clean scents! Worth every penny and love it!!!!!