YBF Cosmetics Neutralizing Pressed Powder

4.4

Ingredients: Talc, Silica, Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Beta-Glucan, Triolein, Lecithin, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Linoleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Oleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 2/17/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly don't find anything really special about this powder at all. As far it providing neutralizing benefits to my face, it goes on yellow, and it leaves a yellowish tint to my face no matter what. So, I definitely feel that it's neutralizing claims are overly exaggerated. You have to be very careful when applying it, as too much will make you look overly yellow, which isn't a good look. When it comes to providing oil control, it only happens to keep my face matte for about a few hours, before a touch up is needed. It is what I consider a necessity? Honestly no. There are much cheaper powders in the drugstores that work better than this one.

on 1/23/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I don't use this 'yellow' powder every day, but when I want to come to a near perfect face, I get this out. You only need a small at and one swipe of a powder brush will get enough product onto your face. Gone is any redness around my nose - I'd buy it again, but I think I'll have this for years, so little is needed. Thanks, Stace.

on 1/7/2014 2:53:00 PM

First, a bit of disclaimer. My experience with this product is with a special package which was part of a set with a slim lipstick. The compact is black with a raised red rose on the top. The powder tablet itself is embossed with a rose. Gorgeous. The shade is soft yellow, and it is very sheer. It has some shimmer to it, but not disco ball level sparkle. I find the texture to be wonderful -- not too dry, not too dusty, not too creamy. It applies softly, but you can build it. The yellow does not read as "YELLOW" on my NW25 skin. It more or less blurs spots, neutralizes red, and sets makeup. I like this very much.

on 11/20/2013 6:40:00 AM

This is a nice powder. My skin is extremely yellow and it's hard to find a powder suits my skin tone. Most of them tend to tone the yellowness which I hate. This powder is perfect for setting my undereye concealer, it gives them a brightening effect. I also used this as a setting powder on my face once and it gave me a really a nice soft glow. The packaging is also cute but it is small. However I have replaced this with something very similar but in loose powder form, Ben Nye Banana powder.

on 4/1/2013 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color and the way it went on, and looked. Unfortunately like so many products I could not wear. Clogged pores and broke out after several timed uses.

on 2/4/2013 5:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Ok I had to update my review because at first I didn't like this at all, I do not use this alone but rather after I use Meow Equilibrium to give my skin a more matte look when I need it, it is an ok powder a tad too powdery looking but still pretty nice and I do like the color.

on 4/7/2012 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I became a big fan of this after I impulse purchased it while watching HSN. The yellow shade is truly neutralizing; I use it over my concealer and it just blends right in. I have tried a few other products from YBF, but this is the only real winner I've found so far.

on 12/1/2011 4:46:00 PM

This is an amazing product My makeup always looks perfect if I use this as a last step. It takes only a small amount so the compact lasts a long time. This is one product I buy again and again!!

on 6/18/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

have redness on my nose & cheeks. this works great over my foundation. also use the ybf concealer for under my eyes & cheeks. helps to cover my acne & acne scars.

on 12/31/2010 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

just ordered 2 more and gave my used one to my mother who BEGGED for it after i did her face with this for our christmas picture. this yellow finely milled powder just brightens up your face like no other! it evens out all the redness and just illuminates your face. all my mom's friends emailed her after she sent out holiday picture commenting on how great she looked. she is using it for new years eve tonight ;) so i am stuck with none and so i had to order 2 more. ive had mine for a couple of months and it has barely dipped. i use it on my bare face on work days and as a setting powder over foundation for parties. good stuff and only 24.00 on HSN :)