November 23, 2014 | 934 users online

Styling Products - Frederic Fekkai - Marine Summer Hair Beach Waves

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by loveohnine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how this product worked for anybody. I have thick wavy hair naturally and after spraying this on, all it did was create a sticky, gummy mess of a hair full of tangles. Completely disappointed also considering the fact it definitely was not cheap. The product that works 10x better than this was the garnier fructis surf hair (old formula). Unfortunately that one got discontinued, so I guess my quest for beautiful wavy hair is still on.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have long, somewhat wavy, fine hair and lots of it. I have tried all sorts of application with this but I always end up with somewhat crunchy, sticky, tangly hair. It does give volume and it smells like coconut... not sure if that is a good thing because the smell is quite strong and I don't like coconut smelling things. It is not unbearable though. I keep going back to this because it does make my hair look nice with lots of volume but it is unpleasant to touch. I said no to buying again but I am actually 50/50 if I will buy it again or not.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately the formulation of this product has changed! After a vacation in Mexico where swimming in the ocean left my fine, curly hair in absolutely perfect waves I was very excited to try it, and got from a lovely swapper, but thanks to some kind of apparently new"cooling technology" the smell has become pretty unbearable to me, like windshield-wiper fluid, to the point where I couldn't even really see what it was doing to my hair. I don't know why companies have to mess with good things. Make sure you smell before you buy!
I am going to try the homemade salt spray next.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by aychica

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly hair and this product is amazing - I am going to be using it all year round. It keeps curls soft and defined without looking oily or wet. Love the smell too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product! I have curly/frizzy hair and this does an outstanding job of pulling the curls out to pretty waves and calming the frizz without weighing my hair down. I start out with Ojon oil on my ends, spray this all over my hair and run my fingers through it to spread it out and manually straighten my curls, then let my hair dry naturally. I finish with Fekkai brilliant glossing cream to smooth down any stray frizzies. Et voila - beachy waves all without any styling tools! This is so much better than plain salt spray (too drying) and I have yet to duplicate this in a home formula so yes, it is worth the price. The packaging is a bit questionable as it has 2 caps (!!) on it. It is a summertime product so I'll probably try the Fekkai coiff oceanique spray when I'm done with this bottle. Otherwise, definite repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This did produce very nice results on dry hair. I really wish I could have kept it. However, it made me very itchy and resulted in this weird zit in my hairline...right where I used this. I have never had this before, and it happened immediately after using this. So between the itching and the pustule...I am going to pass on this no matter how nice it smells & how nice the curl definition seems to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by SiriK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have wavy hair tatt can't sees to hold curls properly when it dries. I have tried dozens of curl holding products, but nothing worked, and it drive me mad! I bought this, sprayed it om damp hair, scrunched my hair up and waited patienty....yep, my hair straighted out again....

But then, by accident i sprayed it on dry hair. The resultat were AMAZING! The most wonderful curls I've har in my life!! This is a keeper, definetly. The smell is a bit strong, but it doesn't bother me that much. I would recommend this to anyone, but make sure you use it on dry hair for the best results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Picked this up at Marshalls on a whim. I dont knw if I would have ever tried it if i had paid full price for it, but now I will have to because i love it! I only use this on dry hair. My hair is curly/crazy wavy and I usually just neaten it with a blowdryer and round brush. Sometimes it lays a little flat at the crown and I use this to give it some volume and hold. Again, only after it is dry. Gives just the right amount of hold and wave without being sticky or stiff. Doesnt seem to build up or dry out my hair like other beachy wave products...This is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm sure some of you remember the John Frieda Beach Blonde line that was discontinued a while back. That was the best and it was so inexpensive. This works better than the wave spray from that collection AND it's pretty much identical to the scent of the JF wave spray. Of course, it costs three times as much, but I'll gladly pay it.

My hair is wavy, fine, and thick. I have it layered about halfway down my back. This product provides texture and volume, evens out my waves (I have straighter hair in the front and this encourages the wave), and just makes my hair look elegant in that fantastic beachy sort of way. Kind of pirate-y in a very Disney way, if you take my meaning.

Can't say enough good about it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by AntoniaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, about 3 hours ago I was really mad at this product.

I use Pureology shampoo and conditioner. After I got out of the shower this morning, I sprayed Beach Waves all over my head and just let it air dry to see what happens. Nothing happened and I was about to march to Nordstrom's and return the product.

I put my hair up in a bun, and left for work.

I just took my bun out and voila! My hair is wavy and not knotty at all. After reading all the reviews, I'm going to try spraying Beach Waves on dry hair tomorrow to see if there is any difference.