August 29, 2014 | 1809 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen Mascara Blackest Black

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jasmingill28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this mascara! It works really well at volumizing and still gives lashes some length and definition. I don't have any problems with flakiness or clumps with this so it's absolutely perfect! I've tried a lot of mascaras, drugstore and high end, and for the price this is defiantly the best deal. Like sure Benefit's They're Real mascara might be a tad bit better but it's three times the price so this is a much better value. Defiantly my holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaPwn

I LOVE this mascara! I just purchased my second tube because I used all of the last one. I have dark slightly thick longish lashes. My problem with most mascaras is they clump and make my eyelashes fall and actually look worse than without it. This is my new favorite by far. I haven't tried any L'oreal mascaras in many many years and just decided to give it a go. For everyday I just curl my lashes and put this on the tips and it holds my curl and gives extra length I get loads of compliments. Then for going out I put about 3 to 4 coats over my entire lashes and they look so thick, people have actually asked if I was wearing fake lashes when doing this. As far as the color goes, works great on me but I have dark eyebrows, brown eyes, and fair skin. I say it is worth a try :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Worst. Mascara. Ever. The blackest black has a greyish tint and is very clumpy. I don't usually write reviews anymore unless the product is amazing. This was so bad I felt compelled to write about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by GertGrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying SO.MANY. mascaras and reading their reviews I've concluded that mascaras are similar to perfumes-what works well on one individual may be tragic on another. So, in my experience, this is a very good product for giving extreme lashes. It provides a lot of volume, some length, and is very black. Currently I'm using the Dior Maximizer Lash Plumping serum with this on top and the effect is quite dramatic, so if subtlety is your goal this will probably not be for you. I have some minor flaking but I've had that happen with any mascara, this is no worse. I was skeptical of even trying this after I had a terrible experience with L'Oreal's Voluminous in Carbon Black, which migrated from my top lashes and left me with serious raccoon eyes. I'm surprised by so many people getting dried out tubes, I always think it's a bit too wet the first few days of use... In any event, this is my favorite drugstore mascara for reliably big lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by rgrs813

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I'm surprised more people do not rave about it. Even if you don't use liner, it makes your eyes stand out with just a few coats. I agree, it can clump but use Great Lash if you don't want drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by zuzuwentworth

This is my current go-to mascara. I prefer sticking to drug-store brands for mascara, as they need to be replaced so often. The tubes I've gotten have not been dry, as others have complained about. It goes easily on to my lashes (though sometimes on the eyelid as well...gah). A single coat will work when I am having a "dress down" day, but you can build up some volume after a few coats. I don't have particularly long or thick lashes, but this mascara does help!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahb098

This is beyond my favourite mascara EVER. I didn't think loreal had very good mascara's until i decided to try this one one day and it worked like a charm. It makes my eye lashes 10x longer than they actually are (i have really short eyelashes) without clumps!

Pros: Makes eye lashes long
No Clumps
Easy wand to use
Lasts all day
Washes off pretty easy

Cons: Kind of ugly packaging, just plain black. Would have liked more colour.
Smells a bit bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought it yesterday and I think I'm gonna return it today. I want to like it but it's flaking like crazy!!!! It gave my lashes volume and it doesn't feel crispy after it's dry. The brush is cool, it's super black, packaging is nice..... But the flakes!!! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It had to happen sometime. I am constantly intrigued, and then disappointed, by L'Oreal products. This is the first mascara from the brand that didn't disappoint.

Which is not to say that it is amazing, either. But it is pretty good. Good lengthening ability, adds a satisfying amount of volume, the black is actually black and not gray like their other mascaras, and this also holds a curl better than most mascaras I've tried. I am pleased. Dramatic, false lash look? No. Long, lovely eyelashes? Yes.
The brush is pretty good, too. It's a bristle brush and it's kind of big. It picks up every lash and you can keep brushing through multiple coats without any clumping. This formula, despite being dry, is very buildable and the brush does a good job working with that.
Lasts well - I can wear all day and into the night with no flaking or smudging.
The packaging is very sleek. $9 is a bit much, but on sale this might be worth your while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by geekchic42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I needed new mascara so I decided to try L'Oreal since I usually buy Maybelline. Choosing the mascara, I wanted to one that would add volume to my already thick lashes and make them pop with rich color. I ended up choosing this one base on the price and the bottle. It really it a beautiful bottle...as far as the actually product goes, I love it!!! My eyelashes pop and my eyes look bigger. I don't have a problem with flaking, but I wear contacts and don't touch my eyes very much.