April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - Ultra light sunscreen spray lotion spf55

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried applying this liberally on my neck and chest and it gave me rashes, which has never happened to me before with a product. Applied in a thin layer, or just on my hands, it is ok. I wouldn't buy this again because sunscreen is supposed to be applied liberally and, unfortunately, this one is too irritating for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by sakecat22

I'm going to agree with the other commenters - the spray bottle doesn't make much sense for this product. A pump would be much better. That said, I find that I like this sunscreen even better than my beloved Shisheido. My face is less likely to clog with extended use. Not as mattifying as the Shisheido - but with the way my skin is changing, that is not a bad thing. Makeup goes over this smoothly. Great facial sunscreen. The bottle and formula, however, makes it very awkward as a body sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

I tried both this and the extra care non-greasy sunscreen in the new formula. I, too, am baffled by the spray bottle packaging. A pump bottle would make more sense as this really doesn't spray very well. I find this to be fairly matte but a bit greasier than her non-greasy sunscreens. I think this would be best suited for those whose skin is fairly normal and neither really dry nor really oily. Overall, I neither loved nor hated this sunscreen. Due to the high SPF I will use it when I am going to be in the sun and need extra protection. But I don't see myself using it as an everyday sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by dpenn

While I was expecting this to actually *spray* out of the bottle (it doesn't), I still happen to love this product...just differently than I thought I would.

They really should have just put this in a pump bottle...it comes out in a single squirt. I wanted a stable ss for use on the body, and thought a spray would be more convenient. I've actually started using this on my face instead, as the consistency is thinner than most ss's and easier to spread. It offers great protection, antioxidants, and leaves a nice finish...no nasty smell either.

Will definitely buy again...one lippie removed for the "squirt" action...but only because it mis-advertises slightly. Otherwise, it's an excellent product. I'm loving Paula lately!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Paula, Paula, Paula. One would really hope you'd be able to manage a high-SPF sunscreen better than the generic brand kid's sunscreen at Walgreens. Particularly at five times the price.

But no. Not only does it leave a shellacked-shiny, greasy and not particularly "lightweight" finish, but it BURNS. So intensely I was running to wash it off after 5 minutes on my face. I haven't had a sunscreen burn in something like 8 years, and that's with running around trying all kinds of drugstore brands, so it's not like I'm a delicate flower.

Also, the spray bottle is useless. Since the lotion is kind of thin and milky in consistency, some kind of nozzle does make sense, but it doesn't "spray" at all, it just squirts in a single stream. A pump dispenser would have made more sense, but probably it wouldn't have added to the impression that this sunscreen is supposed to be similar to the Weightless Finish one. Don't be fooled, they're nothing alike.

I'm returning it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by pmakraki

By far the best sunscreen I've ever tried (and I've tried everything under the sun!)
It is in a spray bottle which is very handy and hygienic.
Its consistency is that of a very lightweight lotion.
I've been using it for almost a week now and it has never produced acne (like other sunscreens) or blackheads and clogged pores.
It's SPF is so high you can feel totally protected (provided you use it generously and religiously)
As a bonus extra it is also very moisturising and in the summer I intent to wear it alone.
It doesn't shine and it is absorbed pretty quickly.
A HG!