Badger Lemon Ginger LipBalm

3.6

Not tested on animals

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Organic), Castor Oil, Golden Yellow Beeswax, Extract of Aloe Vera, Rose Hip, Sea Buckthorn Berry, Pure Essential Oils of Ginger, Lemon, Orange, Cardamom, Lemongrass

on 1/14/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I think this smells and tastes like a ginger beer which I like very much but not sure I'd buy again. It's not my favorite flavor of Badgers but came in a combo pack. I usually buy and use the unscented which I've used for years at the recommendation of my dermatologist. Of course you have to reapply often--it is the nature of lip balm--and these contain no petrolatum or lanolin. All natural which is a good thing for me and my sensitive skin. I would not hesitate to recommend this brand and have.

on 10/11/2013 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I remember having this lip balm when I was younger and loving the scent of it. I recently bought it again and while I still love the scent, I find that the balm does nothing for my lips. It wears off quickly so I find myself having to reapply it often. I don't mind reapplication, but I just don't feel it moisturizes my lips well. If anything, I feel the dryness accentuated with this balm on.

on 4/17/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in the tin. I like it but not as much as the cinnamon bay scent/flavor. It works well on chapped lips and skin. I probably would not buy again as I like the cinnamon better. It is a good product made in New Hampshire.

on 12/5/2010 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The all organic ingredients and flavor are what made me buy this. It was $3 at Whole Foods. I love ginger (and lemon) and there aren't too many ginger flavored lip balms. This balm does ginger well-- it's realistic but not too overwhelming. Overall taste and smell are subtle. I get dry flaky lips really easily if I don't put something on my lips. This alone doesn't heal them and I have to reapply frequently to keep my lips feeling smooth. I've found that most organic/natural balms without petroleum jelly do not cut it for my lips. If I combine this balm with vaseline on my lips it works much better for me. I like this but I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase it again.

on 4/7/2008 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best lip balm I have ever used. Its saved me from even the worst chapped lips. I don't like the smell of this as much as the Chai Rose, but it gets the job done.

I am reviewing the tin form of this balm, though I've never found much of a difference between the tin and stick versions of Badger Balms other than packaging.

Some people might not like the spicy earthiness of ginger, but I just love it, so this balm was a natural choice for me. The lemon and ginger are equally present, creating a refreshing herbal aroma and taste.

What I love about Badger balms is, unlike lip products which contain petroleum jelly/petrolatum and mineral oil, it doesn't just sit on top of your lips. Badger balms completely absorb into my lips, making them soft and hydrated, but not glossy or waxy. They're perfect for when you want truly moisturized skin. Because they hydrate rather than locking moisture in (which can be bad if there isn't much to lock in), you can even layer these with more traditional moisture-barrier products for extra softening.

Ingredients are: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Golden Yellow Beeswax, Castor Bean Oil and extracts of Aloe Vera, Rose Hip & Seabuckthorn Berry with essential oils of Ginger, Lemon, Orange, Cardamom & Lemongrass.

on 1/27/2008 1:09:00 PM

I love the ethos and packaging of this balm, but I don't like the scent of this particular one. It's no better than countless other lip balms on the market - even super cheap ones like vaseline.

on 1/18/2008 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love badger products!
this Lemon gingerbalm is awesome! it's very natural and very moisturising!it tastes so good and it's the saviour for my super dried lips!

on 12/22/2007 9:00:00 PM

I like this stuff, but I prefer the plain old Badger Balm.

on 9/18/2007 4:05:00 PM

I was disappointed with this... the smell was not quite right especially for lips. It was lovely on the body and moisturised well, but I still couldn't get used to the smell, so it'll be on the swap list.
I do love the packaging - the tins are great, but I'm afraid the product didn't live up to the hype for me :-(

Popular Lip Treatments