July 29, 2014 | 2011 users online

Lip Treatments - Badger - Lemon Ginger LipBalm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I remember having this lip balm when I was younger and loving the scent of it. I recently bought it again and while I still love the scent, I find that the balm does nothing for my lips. It wears off quickly so I find myself having to reapply it often. I don't mind reapplication, but I just don't feel it moisturizes my lips well. If anything, I feel the dryness accentuated with this balm on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I have this in the tin. I like it but not as much as the cinnamon bay scent/flavor. It works well on chapped lips and skin. I probably would not buy again as I like the cinnamon better. It is a good product made in New Hampshire.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The all organic ingredients and flavor are what made me buy this. It was $3 at Whole Foods. I love ginger (and lemon) and there aren't too many ginger flavored lip balms. This balm does ginger well-- it's realistic but not too overwhelming. Overall taste and smell are subtle. I get dry flaky lips really easily if I don't put something on my lips. This alone doesn't heal them and I have to reapply frequently to keep my lips feeling smooth. I've found that most organic/natural balms without petroleum jelly do not cut it for my lips. If I combine this balm with vaseline on my lips it works much better for me. I like this but I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best lip balm I have ever used. Its saved me from even the worst chapped lips. I don't like the smell of this as much as the Chai Rose, but it gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ImCastingMagicMissiles

I am reviewing the tin form of this balm, though I've never found much of a difference between the tin and stick versions of Badger Balms other than packaging.

Some people might not like the spicy earthiness of ginger, but I just love it, so this balm was a natural choice for me. The lemon and ginger are equally present, creating a refreshing herbal aroma and taste.

What I love about Badger balms is, unlike lip products which contain petroleum jelly/petrolatum and mineral oil, it doesn't just sit on top of your lips. Badger balms completely absorb into my lips, making them soft and hydrated, but not glossy or waxy. They're perfect for when you want truly moisturized skin. Because they hydrate rather than locking moisture in (which can be bad if there isn't much to lock in), you can even layer these with more traditional moisture-barrier products for extra softening.

Ingredients are: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Golden Yellow Beeswax, Castor Bean Oil and extracts of Aloe Vera, Rose Hip & Seabuckthorn Berry with essential oils of Ginger, Lemon, Orange, Cardamom & Lemongrass.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by chelleywhite

I love the ethos and packaging of this balm, but I don't like the scent of this particular one. It's no better than countless other lip balms on the market - even super cheap ones like vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by LadySelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love badger products!
this Lemon gingerbalm is awesome! it's very natural and very moisturising!it tastes so good and it's the saviour for my super dried lips!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

I like this stuff, but I prefer the plain old Badger Balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jaffacake

I was disappointed with this... the smell was not quite right especially for lips. It was lovely on the body and moisturised well, but I still couldn't get used to the smell, so it'll be on the swap list.
I do love the packaging - the tins are great, but I'm afraid the product didn't live up to the hype for me :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by AllOrganicGirl

I love this stuff! At first I did find the smell a little over-powering but I've soon grown to adore it! I find it moisturizes well keeping my otherwise dry,chapped lips soft, while leaving a nice sheen on my lips. Moreover it is surprisingly cheap, considering that it's completely organic which is just another reason to purchase it. Nothing in it is artifical, nor is it full of preservatives or parabens. For me, this is a huge plus because I've come to realise what potentially harmful ingrediants lie in our everyday cosmetics and since have cut them out! The adorable packaging is just an added bonus!