November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Professionnel Platinum Angled Eyeliner Brush #23

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also purchased a few of these on sale a while back and they are still holding strong. Only minor complaint is that there seem to be a few too many bristles, so sometimes my line comes out a bit too thick. A lighter hand on application takes care of the problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I was lucky and bought this while it was on sale at Sephora. I don't know how I put on eyeliner without this brush! I typically would use my angled eyeliner brush and was finally convinced I should try a bent eyeliner brush. Now I think, why didn't I get this sooner? Makes it so easy to line eyes and even get between lashes. I would always have difficulty doing the perfect cat eye with an angled eyeliner brush, now this makes it so much easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with bent handle eyeliner brushes, and this is a great quality brush. I started out with a few of the Sonia Kashuk brushes, and while they're decent and a good price, the bristles do start to splay after repeated washings(I think mine really started to be a problem after about 2-3 months of use). I also wanted to see if I could get a thinner line with a smaller brush head.

The Sephora brush is still reasonably priced - more expensive than what you'll find at the drugstore, but less than super high-end brands. I've owned this brush for over a year now, and all of the bristles are still intact and in place. I've only used it with gel liners, and it picks up and holds product well. With patience and a steady hand, I can get a nice thin line (I suck at eyeliner in general, so I imagine someone with better eyeliner skills would have no problems.)

Bent handle brushes are great for getting a nice wing, good for newbies trying to perfect their technique (the bend in the handle lets you see what you're doing without your hand getting in the way), and if you've got long eyelashes (again, the bend lets you hold your hand up higher, and you can get behind your lash line without the brush getting tangled in your lashes and getting liner everywhere - this was a huge problem for me). The Sephora brush is a nice upgrade from the cheaper versions, and is definitely a worthwhile purchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by pastizzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank you to the Sephora MUA who recomended this brush for easier application of winged eyeliner look. I had so many problems before but this brush (and a youtube video recomending the use of clear tape or paper on the side of your eyes for a cleaner line) really worked!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've stopped doing my angled up cat eye in favor of just a crisp line that extends out maybe a millimeter or two past my lashline. I use my Revlon Colorstay black-brown liquid felt tip to create the base line since that one is easy-peasy to use (same with the Almay liquid in black) and then go over the line either with my MAC B&G or Blacktrack. I layer b/c I am indecisive and like a brown for a base and if I want I can take it up to a black. For work, nothing beats my Almay in the a.m. for ease and speed of application, plus to take with me w/o worrying about brushes, but I will go over the line to ensure it stays on during my +12 hr rounds. This brush is the closest I've come to resembling the beloved felt tips of aforementioned liquid e/l. Lovely, soft texture, no splaying, crisp line that is easier to make that all the other brushes I've used. I do this at 5 am so anything that helps is wonderful. Very thin precise line and the brush doesn't shift, move or create bald patches.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am disabled, with the use of only one hand, but I neurotically persist in wearing gel eyeliner. Since I must use my right hand to line my left eye, I need all the help I can get from my brush!

This one works the best of any brush I've tried so far, including both tapered and angle brushes.

The #23 affords good control, allowing you to make that much-desired thin line right along and into the lashline.

Mine hasn't splayed, even after several washings.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by jmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed a more precise type of eyeliner brush for my favorite gel eyeliner (MAC's dipdown) and though this was a bit expensive, it was an amazing investment. This brush is perfect. It does exactly what it is supposed to do without getting in the way and fast! I will never go without this type brush again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Jubby89

The price may ward off a lot of people, it certainly did me at first. $20!
BUT
It is one of my best investments because I use it every day coupled with MACís Blacktrack fluid line. Makes application so quick and simple, with the brush it takes me less than a minute to line both eyes. Perfect for those of us who donít have a lot of time in the morning to get ready.
If you like gel liners this is a MUST HAVE.
The brush quality is amazing, mine is still going strong after one years worth of daily use. The tip is still very pointed.
All in all, I love this brush, totally worth the expense.
=)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by fancynancy

I'm new to gel liner, and this brush makes it all possible. If line is uneven because I've picked up different amounts of product for each eye, I smooth out with short Bobbi Brown EL brush I got for $3 on ebay. But this brush gets it on my eye, in the right place, so beautifully and effortlessly. Another happy customer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

Was kind of miffed at how pricey this tiny little brush was but realized it was sooo worth the money when I used it with my Buxom lashliner. It holds just the right amount of product and distributes evenly. Best of all, it's thin enough to define just what you want, but juuust sightly "weighty" enough to not make a shaky hand's work that noticeable. It works way better than the bent one from Coastal Scents and it's a step above the one featured by Buxom. Will prob use this one until I absolutely can't anymore, prob will wait for the next F&F to re-purchase.