July 26, 2014 | 1012 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eye Shadow Single - Rapture

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

This is a very beautiful color that is excellent for using as a crease shadow. It's a nice silvery brown with a bit of shimmer, but nothing overwhelming. I find that it highlights my brown eyes very nicely and creates a smooth, smokey look. Blends beautifully and easily as most Smashbox shadows do, and it lasts a long time since you don't need much at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by elwoods10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not buy this but I tried it on at Nordstrom on my hand. The color caught my eye. It is a beautiful smokey brown with gold shimmer and a pewter charcoal color mixed in. Ah so pretty! Can't say much for staying power because as I said I only tried it on at store but is a beautiful color! I want! I want!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I don't normally gravitate towards Smashbox products, but Sephora offers different eye look sets, and one of the sets was "The Smoky Eye Kit," which included a full-size Stila Smudgepot in Black, the Rapture eyeshadow, BE shadow in Queen Phyllis, and a mini BeneFit Bad Gal mascara. These were all housed in a clear plastic cosmetic bag with some instructions and retailed for $48, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, Rapture is a gorgeous dark, shimmery warm-toned brown with fine gold glitter. I was surprised by how pigmented it was... sometimes, with these dark colors, what you see is not what you get, but not with Rapture. It goes on like it looks in the container, and, it is also super-blendable. I also didn't have any issues with flaking underneath my eyes, which I have with some dark shadows.

This creates such a pretty smokey eye when worn on the lid and blended up to the crease. I could also see it as a crease or outer "V" definition color, or even used wet as a liner.

For reference, I have dark brown eyes and light golden-beige skin. continued >>