September 16, 2014 | 1822 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So......if you want crazy bold lashes that will last the summer nights away while your dancing and downing drinks on a beach....this isn't the mascara for you. The end.

But....if you are an ingredient cautious, concerned with the dirties they put in our daily cosmetics type? Then yes....this is the mascara for you. I'll admit over the last little while I've been doing my homework on ingredients and I am aiming to switch some of my essentials to more eco/human friendly versions.

It's got a decent formula considering the ingredients. Not to wet or dry. The color pay off in the blackest black shade is great. You get a beautiful natural look with this mascara. You can build it up a fair bit too.

The main complaint I've read on this is the smudging and how it doesn't stay put. While this is true to some extent, if you are wanting a natural look you can either apply just to the top lashes and add a couple extra coats. Otherwise, a helpful tip (either way) is dusting some shadow on your lashes and applying. This seems to make it hold better for me. I enjoy it. The biggest downfall is the cost of PF in Canada. It's ridiculous and this retails for $18. Truthfully order it online from a reputable site, look for deals or purchase across the border where it's an easy 50% cheaper. This mascara certainly isn't worth $18. Having said that, I purchased for $9USD and am very satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Goes on well. Smells fine. No irritation on my VERY sensitive eyes. Nice natural definition and darkening.

But then.....it never dries. Smudgiest mascara I have ever used. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Omg...the raccoon eyes are a real problem with this mascara! I've never had it so bad with any other kind! Even after letting it dry...a few hard blinks and it smears all over the bottom of the eyes and top if you have hooded eyelids like me. Ok.. no biggie, I just wipe it off with a damp cloth and reapply my under-eye concealer. Few hours later, the raccoon effect is back! This will continue to rub off until it is gone from your lashes! >:(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by djd381

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Physicians Formula due to their cruelty free status and their pricing; however, this is not a product I will buy again. I used it three times and each time I ended up with raccoon eyes before lunch. The mascara didn't add much length or volume to my lashes, even after two or three coats. I will say that this was the first time I didn't hate using a rubber brush though. The brush had almost a bristle feel while being made of rubber.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeaut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'll admit I'm a sucker for unique packaging, which is partly why I tried this mascara. I also liked the organic part. I was very pleased with this mascara and honestly have no complaints about it. It stayed in place and looked lovely. It is one of my favorites to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Sammy68

Terrible. Not even after 4 hours of wear when I glanced in the mirror I had black smudges all over underneath my eye area and flakes too. This did not impart volume nor length when I applied it, but quite honestly I don't care how much volume and/or length a mascara would impart...if I'm wearing it below my eyes after a few hours it ain't worth it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by missmiseryxo

I usually take most mua reviews on natural products with a grain of salt, and this mascara was no exception. Despite some of the negative reviews I decided to purchase this anyway, as my Neutrogena mascara had crappy ratings on EWG and I've been making the transition to all natural make up.
The consistency is pretty thin, which I didn't mind. I actually really liked the brush, which surprised me because I tend to like bristles better for mascara. It doesn't look spidery which is a HUGE plus for me, since I hate the spidery look. It doesn't layer well once dried, so I layer two coats while it's still wet. Not much to write home about it terms of volume-- at first application it holds my lashes up well but falls eventually, which is the only negative for me.
A few reviewers have commented on how much it smudges, but I didn't have a problem with it. I have oily skin especially on my eyelids and it has never smudged on me. Lets be real here, how many people are going to put on eye makeup and then touch their eyes enough to smudge it anyway? Don't touch it and it probably won't smudge.

I would buy this again, but I think I'll try the rest of the organic mascara line from PF to see how this one stacks up.

Remember, with ALL make up (not just natural or organic), if your expectations are for it to completely transform you, you're going to be disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh dear. Add this one to the list of yet more mediocre drugstore mascaras. I really wanted to like this mascara because I thought for a second that I was going to make a serious transition over to organic makeup and skin care. I also thought that it would be less likely to irritate my eyes, not that most mascaras do.

This is one of those mascaras that simply makes your lashes look darker. It doesn't lengthen, it doesn't thicken, it doesn't separate, and it doesn't curl. While wearing this my lashes simply looked as they normally do, with a slight curl, but blacker than before.

The brush is pretty good, at least for my taste. It's a long oval that gets slightly thinner at the end, and it's plastic, not bristles, with dense spikes. It was actually after using this mascara that I learned that I prefer brushes with bristles as opposed to plastic brushes.

The best thing that I can say is that this mascara lasts a long time without going rancid. I've had it for nearly 6 months now and when i smell it it doesn't smell like it has turned. But then again, I obviously haven't used it that much.

A pretty unremarkable mascara all in all. I will continue on my quest to find the ultimate drugstore mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by elicandytime

The packaging is cute and I personally like pf products since it was my first makeup brand but this is the worst and I mean worst mascara I've ever used and most mascaras I use always smudge on me. This one smudged the most on me. It made my lashes look nice and gave me volume and length but it smudges too much on me to be worth it. I still love most of the other pf products :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Presumably at lot of people who are attracted to the idea of an organic mascara, especially one designed by doctors, want something that is gentle on sensitive eyes. I wear contact lenses and have sensitive skin. I bought this as a gentle option and was shocked to find it has a latex rubber wand. Latex is becoming an extremely common allergy. For years I couldn't figure out why I had little bumps on my cheeks and it turned out to be latex cosmetic sponges that caused them. Those latex sponges are very hard to find these days. My doctor tells me that nurses, doctors, dental hygienists commonly have latex allergies these days (from too much exposure due to gloving). Putting mascara on with rubber is crazy. So for those of you who have had burning eyes from a new mascara, check out what the wand is made of. Rubber wands are fine if they are clearly labelled as such and are common in cheapie mascaras, but I'm shocked to see a relatively expensive one with a rubber wand, not labelled as rubber, and seemingly marketed as gentle. Benefit's They're Real also has a rubber wand, but it doesn't pretend to be pure or gentle. L'Oreal and LancĂ´me are safe bets for non-rubber wands.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No