October 23, 2014 | 865 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by kmdigian

This is by far, the best mascara I've tried. I have very long, black lashes and being a chemical consious consumer. I wanted to try something less harsh on my eyes with more natural ingredients. I love this mascara, it does NOT smudge for me, it dries but not too hard. Comes off easy and gets every lash when applied thanks to the awesome brush. I'm sorry others wrote such poor reviews about it smudging. I'm sure if it were still summer and I was in the pool then yes, it would smudge, just like every other mascara i've used. This will definitely be a keeper for me along with the majority of PFs products:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Sk1nW0es

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have switched from the Organic Wear Jumbo mascara to this one. The formula is similar - volumizing and dry so that it keeps a curl better. Also made from natural ingredients, which has it's drawbacks (smudges easier, not waterproof), but it comes off so easily and it's gentle on lashes. I like the brush for this mascara better - it has a less full shape which can get to all my thin eyelashes easier without scraping my eyelids. All in all, I will continue to use this mascara and hope they continue to make it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by thetotty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my mascara to accentuate my lashes, to give it volume, length, density, long lasting and curly lashes to die for. Well, this product does not score in any of the features i mentioned in my previous sentence. NOT. AT. ALL. The only plus point was that it is supposedly made from organic stuff, by physicians, so it should be kinder to sensitive skin. Then again... i have heard of many horror stories about how organic products tend to cause allergies, so...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So......if you want crazy bold lashes that will last the summer nights away while your dancing and downing drinks on a beach....this isn't the mascara for you. The end.

But....if you are an ingredient cautious, concerned with the dirties they put in our daily cosmetics type? Then yes....this is the mascara for you. I'll admit over the last little while I've been doing my homework on ingredients and I am aiming to switch some of my essentials to more eco/human friendly versions.

It's got a decent formula considering the ingredients. Not to wet or dry. The color pay off in the blackest black shade is great. You get a beautiful natural look with this mascara. You can build it up a fair bit too.

The main complaint I've read on this is the smudging and how it doesn't stay put. While this is true to some extent, if you are wanting a natural look you can either apply just to the top lashes and add a couple extra coats. Otherwise, a helpful tip (either way) is dusting some shadow on your lashes and applying. This seems to make it hold better for me. I enjoy it. The biggest downfall is the cost of PF in Canada. It's ridiculous and this retails for $18. Truthfully order it online from a reputable site, look for deals or purchase across the border where it's an easy 50% cheaper. This mascara certainly isn't worth $18. Having said that, I purchased for $9USD and am very satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Goes on well. Smells fine. No irritation on my VERY sensitive eyes. Nice natural definition and darkening.

But then.....it never dries. Smudgiest mascara I have ever used. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Omg...the raccoon eyes are a real problem with this mascara! I've never had it so bad with any other kind! Even after letting it dry...a few hard blinks and it smears all over the bottom of the eyes and top if you have hooded eyelids like me. Ok.. no biggie, I just wipe it off with a damp cloth and reapply my under-eye concealer. Few hours later, the raccoon effect is back! This will continue to rub off until it is gone from your lashes! >:(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by djd381

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Physicians Formula due to their cruelty free status and their pricing; however, this is not a product I will buy again. I used it three times and each time I ended up with raccoon eyes before lunch. The mascara didn't add much length or volume to my lashes, even after two or three coats. I will say that this was the first time I didn't hate using a rubber brush though. The brush had almost a bristle feel while being made of rubber.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeaut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'll admit I'm a sucker for unique packaging, which is partly why I tried this mascara. I also liked the organic part. I was very pleased with this mascara and honestly have no complaints about it. It stayed in place and looked lovely. It is one of my favorites to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Sammy68

Terrible. Not even after 4 hours of wear when I glanced in the mirror I had black smudges all over underneath my eye area and flakes too. This did not impart volume nor length when I applied it, but quite honestly I don't care how much volume and/or length a mascara would impart...if I'm wearing it below my eyes after a few hours it ain't worth it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by missmiseryxo

I usually take most mua reviews on natural products with a grain of salt, and this mascara was no exception. Despite some of the negative reviews I decided to purchase this anyway, as my Neutrogena mascara had crappy ratings on EWG and I've been making the transition to all natural make up.
The consistency is pretty thin, which I didn't mind. I actually really liked the brush, which surprised me because I tend to like bristles better for mascara. It doesn't look spidery which is a HUGE plus for me, since I hate the spidery look. It doesn't layer well once dried, so I layer two coats while it's still wet. Not much to write home about it terms of volume-- at first application it holds my lashes up well but falls eventually, which is the only negative for me.
A few reviewers have commented on how much it smudges, but I didn't have a problem with it. I have oily skin especially on my eyelids and it has never smudged on me. Lets be real here, how many people are going to put on eye makeup and then touch their eyes enough to smudge it anyway? Don't touch it and it probably won't smudge.

I would buy this again, but I think I'll try the rest of the organic mascara line from PF to see how this one stacks up.

Remember, with ALL make up (not just natural or organic), if your expectations are for it to completely transform you, you're going to be disappointed!