September 2, 2014 | 1893 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Flawless Face Kit- Nude

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by shells2grlz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this kit today so this review is a first impression. I have been using mineral foundation forever but I am getting older & need more coverage.However I still want a natural, no makeup look. I went to Sephora and spoke with a sales rep who led me to this Laura Mercier kit. I got it in the nude shade and it's spot on. The shade is a perfect match and I love the finish. Not matte and not too dewy, just right. The best part of this kit is the concealer. I have tried many for the dark circles under my eyes and there has not been one good enough to write a review on. This one is amazing. It doesn't crease or make my fine lines more obvious.Best of all it works so well it makes me look a few years younger..So far I am very happy with this kit. I have had the products on all day & my face still looks as fresh as it did when they were first put on. I will be purchasing full sizes when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by marie29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dewey, Younger Skin. I went to Sephora armed with a gift certificate my kids gave me for bday. I have been using Guerlain Parure Extreme Foundation and love it, but very expensive to use every day. I'm 55 and still have combo skin. I took all makeup off and was looking for another foundation and really interested in Make up forever finishing powder. I noticed the Laura Mercier kit in 2 colors Sand and Nude. I used the Sand sample along with the finishing powder from Laura mercier on one side of my face and on the other- Makeup Forever No. 125 Liquid Makeup which was highly rated and then used MUF silica finishing powder. I put a little bit of blush from Nars on both sides. Walked around store and let if "settle" in. I then asked 3 different sephora employees to tell me what side of my face looked the best. All 3 picked the Laura Mercier side where I had used everything in the kit. They said it looked flawless, natural, yet covered everything. They said they could see my pores with the MUF side and it looked unnatural. So for $65 I got the kit in Sand and it has fantastic brushes in it as well as the famous Secret Camoflouge coverup. As well as a primer, and much more in this kit. Very good buy I think. I got the oil free version of this kit and it still looks "dewey". I don't think the other version is good for people with some oily patches. In short, for $65 I got a tinted foundation, a primer, a great concealer, a finishing powder, and a couple of brushes and sponge.....had I bought separate - it would have cost a great deal more. They did give me a sample of the MUF silica finishing powder to try on over the Laura tinted makeup, just to see what the difference in the two finishing powders would look like.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by rogsweetie03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have owned this kit for over a year and I have used every part of it now (except the foundation sponge), so I think I am fully qualified to write a review now. I bought this kit for the tinted moisturizer, but it is my least favorite part of the kit and the only part I can live without.

The star of this kit is the undercover pot and the pointy concealer brush. They work amazingly well together. The creamy peachy side is amazing for the under-eye area and it does not crease at all! The powder looks great on top of this concealer. I use the larger brush to pat the powder under my eyes and it appears to smooth out the concealer and give a semi-matte finish.

The hard yellowy side is great for concealing blemishes. The trick is to pick up the concealer with the pointy brush and lightly dot it on spots. It does not work if you brush the concealer on or use a heavy hand---a light touch is the trick with this concealer.

The primer makes my face a little smoother for foundation, but I think it is something I can live without. I don't think it helps my foundation last longer.

The tinted moisturizer is ok, but it is not a match for my skintone (around NC20). It is too dark, slightly orange, and oxidizes a little. In a pinch, I use it, but there are other foundations I prefer far more.

The powder puff is great for pressing powder into the skin. This technique fills in the pores and makes the skin look more airbrushed. Unfortunately, I have not yet figured out how to clean this puff and it seems like a great breeding ground for bacteria and other nasties.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using some Laura Mercier products and liking them so I thought this would be a nice way to test more. Because I'm close to 50, I thought this "no makeup" look might actually make me look younger. I have dry skin, melasma (discolorations) and typically always wear foundation, so this is a departure for me.
The Flawless Face kit contains several products that are used together. Primer: I really liked this primer--all the others I've used were silicone based, and the feel of this was like a light gel, not heavy at all. Next, you apply the tinted moisturizer using an egg-shaped sponge. (Being dry-skinned, I made sure to do my real moisturizing and sunscreen BEFORE ever putting on the primer--I am not counting on this little tinted moisturizer with a measly SPF 20 to do these key jobs.)
After the tinted moisturizer is on, the real work begins. The Undercover Pot is the best part of this kit--using the Secret Concealer (left side of pot) and included concealer brush, you apply Secret Concealer to discolorations. This stuff is amazing and the only product I've found that hides my melasma. Use the right side of pot (creamier, peachy concealer) for the undereye area. This is similar to a Bobbi Brown product (I think Corrector), but peachier and moister. After all this, use the included powder brush (kind of like a small foundation brush) to put powder on the concealed areas.
You're still not done. Grab the big fluffy powder puff and roll powder over your entire face. (Kind of hard to do since the puff is 4x the size of the powder jar). Now you're done!
Thoughts: 1) The best part of this kit is the Undercover Pot. This costs $32 if you buy it standalone and it really does work. I also liked the small powder brush. Bobbi Brown's (very similar) undereye concealer kit has you apply powder with a tiny puff and the brush works MUCH better.
2) The primer was also nice.
3) The concealer brush - if you don't have one, this is a nice one. For me, it was too small, pointy and flexible--I have big areas to conceal so I prefer a larger one.
4) Time factor: When I hear "tinted moisturizer" I think "slapping something on in 5 minutes or less." The Flawless Face is a long and involved procedure.
5) Sweat factor: Summer is coming and while sheer coverage sounds good for summer, I'm not sure how realistic it is that I'll want to perform all these steps, deal with multiple brushes, then put POWDER on my sweaty face in the August mornings. Ugh.
6) Coverage: My skin does look better than bare. I also like how it feels and wears. But, it's nothing near "flawless" -- not if you are my age. Maybe if you're under 30.
Bottom line: This kit is a nice way to test several LM products and costs much less than testing each separately. The brushes, puff and sponge are excellent quality. The Undercover Pot is fullsize and the primer/moisturizer are (I believe) half-size, so this is not chintzy.
I am very fair (Warm Ivory in LM foundation, Sand in BB) and the Nude kit matched for me.
EDIT: Went back and returned this after deciding it didn't make enough difference from just a bare face. However, I did purchase a separate Undercover Pot. I didn't really need any of the other elements.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by CherylDavid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This kit is a good value and does offer alot of product for the price. The products are good but not great or HG material for me, which is why I took off a lippie. I find Tarte Smooth Operator TM, Bobbi Brown corrector concealer, and Lauder's DW concealer to be much better. The brushes, puff, and sponge are great though. Its a good kit, but I had already found my HG products before trying this. However, I'm still glad I bought it, it was a great way of trying all these LM products without spending a fortune. I will use them all but I will not be repurchasing them in full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

This kit is just tad expensive for me but I got it since I read lots of rave reviews. Actually it's a great face kit! Not to mention that there are just some items included that I don't really find any use of :) The camouflage brush for one. I haven't used it since I'm already using my big powder brush to apply my setting powder, I prefer it that way as it gives a more even finish on my entire face. Another is the egg-shaped sponge. Well this one is advised to use for applying the primer and TM but I apply the primer using my bare hands (better) and TM using my duo fibre brush which I think works great (if you're after an airbrushed look). Also, I'm sooo done using sponges as applicators bec they just accumulate bacteria and causes break-outs. Hate that.

Overall after using the Primer, TM and Undercover pot with the concealer brush. I am just a new convert! I even took a nap with those on and surprisingly my pores looked so much better! My skin looked hydrated and I haven't experienced that 'discoloration' most did (maybe I'm not acidic? lol) The color pay-off is just right for me =)

It's worth the try and will definitely definitely repurchase! Btw, the pouch is pretty elegant too! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Cozyrosy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never was a fan of liquid foundation, but as me and my skin are maturing I went - due to very positive reviews on all LM-products on whatever channels and platforms - for tinted moisturizer as a good alternative - et voilà!
The primer goes on smoothly, no big fuss, does not smell or stink which is def a plus. I will try to skip it these days to see if the result is the same without it.
The brushes are ok, nothing special here, no surprise.
The moisturizer itself is for my skin and skin tone perfect so far. No breakouts or other unwelcome surprises. It might though not be enough for very dry skin... (what do other users say?). No bad smelling here either.
The concealer is working real miracles, easy application, buttery formula, great covering and lasting power. Using finger to pat it in is best.
And finally the setting - gives a mattifying finish, but not too much since we want no geisha mask but a sheer rather glowy finish.
Would repurchase either the whole set again or concealer, moisturizer and setting powder - definitely worth every penny, even if on the pricey side.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this mainly to get a 'travel kit' and for the primer. I recently dove into the world of LM. I love her moisturizing and oil free foundation. The primer is great. The tinted moisturizer is good light coverage on a day you don't want a full foundation. I apply it with my fingers, not the sponge just because it is less fuss. The puff is luxurious, and makes the translucent powder go on well and really 'sets' your face. Actually, you could take this powder and the puff and set any foundation with a flawless finish! The secret camoflage I don't use often b/c I don't break out too often anymore but the secret concealer covers undereye circles well!-- just dab, and let it melt in and then pat it in with your ring finger instead of rubbing it in. The brushes are amazing but I would not purchase these on their own b/c I could never justify spending so much money on brushes. The makeup sponge is excellent for foundation application. Overall, a good set if you want to sample, but I agree with the other reviewers--if you have widespread acne on your face, this is not the kit for you as you will need fuller coverage!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

This is a product that I've been wanting to try for a long time. I definitely don't have perfect skin. I have two scars on my face from a car accident. My skin is acne prone in my chin area. I also have some freckles. I doubted this would give me enough coverage but it did. My husband even commented that I looked pretty. I followed the directions. My face looks glowing but not shiny. My flaws are covered and my skin looks nice but not made up. I keep looking at myself in the mirror. This is something I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by yoappi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i intially bought this jsut for fun because sephora was having a promotion and i wanted to concealer. However, i was disappointed with the primer. TM was also not what I expected, maybe ithought i needed sand color instead. As my skin is dry but at the end of the day, my skin seemed to have produced a whole of oil. I'm looking for a change of TM. Pls help.