October 21, 2014 | 2055 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I guess I just happened to get a really good one of these brushes because it is really soft and can sneak into the contours of my face to contour really easily. I personally really like it but given everyone else's bad luck I can't say I wouldn't recommend it :/

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by he11ogorgeous

I can't believe I bought the whole collection of brushes. I love that the sales associates admit that you need to replace the brushes every year.... If a brush is of GOOD or even DECENT quality... you don't need to replace a brush! So super scratchy and irritated my skin. I would spend so much time trying to make my base look good and the blush brush would take off the foundation underneath so you saw my scars or whatever I was trying to hide...... wtf! the brush bristles literally look like they smushed and melted into one bristle over time. And I wash my brushes with brush soap weekly and dry them appropriately. Horrible products. My derm. who is number one in the state of NJ says not to use their brushes because the bristles they use are off cheap quality and irritate the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by MariaCamilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tapered Blush Brush
I don't understand the bad reviews on this brush in here. I think this brush is so soft and easy to handle and it's now the only brush I use for applying blush with. I like how it's not too big, so that it's easy to control exactly where you apply the blush. I'm only happy with this brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by biancaymark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

the smell is unbearable for me...I have washed it numerous times to no avail.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've very disappointed in the Bare Escentials brushes. They all seem to be very scratchy and rough. This one included. I actually have the Tapered Blush Brush. I would not recommend buying this. Save your money and get a different brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by emilia2784

Not really about blush Brush but the Heavenly Face Brush!! All in all I really like all B.E brushes. BUT-I must say that their Heavenly Face Brush is THE BEST BRUSH EVER!!! I use mine for my foundation. Regardless of its intended purpose, I believe its true calling was foundation! I have a lot of clients that are new to B.E and complain that it doesnt cover as well as they thought and sometime want to try a new brand or even go back to liquid!! I ALWAYS recomend the Heavenly Face Brush before they turn away. I love how this brush picks up more more product and controls the product to get more foundation on your actual face, and not your face and shoulders and dresser or bathroom sink!! I find when I use this brush it takes less "building to achieve the coverage I need" and sometimes dont even need to conceal with it! As soon as I demo it on clients, they buy it and fall back in love with B.E! It is a little more costly than other B.E brushes, but I PROMISE, it is sooo worth it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a review of Bare Escentuals Soft Sweep Cheek Brush with a Limited Edition Champagne Colored Handle. I purchased this brush a from ebay so it was very inexpensive and upon unwrapping the brush I was immediately taken by the look and softness of the brush -- that is till I smelled it. I don't believe BE uses skunk hairs to create makeup brushes but this brush certainly did smell like it was made of skunk - this brush to put it mildly stunk to high heaven. After a month or so the smell eventually did go away after continually deodorizing and washing the brush and using fabric softer to further "tame" the smell so I could use the brush.

This is super soft brush - now this may be a result of all the fabric softening I used on it - and maybe it was too soft for it didn't blend in blushes well. Actually, this brush picked up and deposited too much blush in one concentrated area and was too soft to buff/blend the blush into the skin. After a couple of months of frustrated blush application, I purchased my first 187 dupe fiber optic blush and this blush was "retired" and became a backup. However, since this was a good brush and I know someone may find a use for it, I swapped it away and I hope it now has a happy home and is being loved.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jama1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE.....these brushes are too hard and itchy! It's like applying product with hay!!!!!!

They shed horribly too...after three months, I still have hair falling off. For inexpensive brushes, you really get what you pay for with these. Bobbi Browns are MUCH better. Yes, they are expensive, but they are made to last.

These, like all BE products, and just "good enough" for average use. As a pro makeup artist, I think they have a lot of work to do......

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Ruth1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought BE blush in fruit cocktail as was lovely on when the girl in the shop applied it. Didn't buy the brush at first and found that the blush went on very heavy and patchy. Went back to the shop to ask her to show me again how to apply and she recommended this brush, couldn't believe the difference, really is essential with any BE blush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is absolutely terrible, yet another fail from Bare Escentuals.

It hurts to stroke across my hand, there is no way I'm going to put this on my face! So I attempted to condition it to make it a little less brittle and harsh to get it to become soft...well it did not hold its shape at all. Terrible disappointment, its not as big as normal blush brushes and I would never have bought this if it hadn't come in the starter kit.