The Body Shop Divide and Multiply Mascara

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I really like this but it's not my favorite. I use the technique of holding the mascara wand near my lashes and blinking repeatedly. That technique actually helps lengthen my lashes and they are separated nicely without clumping. The final result looks very neat. However, the formula takes quite a while to dry completely. I find the result a tad similar to my favourite mascara of all time which is L'Oréal million lashes but the latter gives a more fluffy, fluttery effect whereas this one gives a neat and polished look. Depends on what you're going for really.

To sum it up: this is the WORST mascara I have ever used. I hate to have to say that since I LOVE The Body Shop and have had great success with many of their products...but sadly, this isn't one of them.

Despite it's name, this mascara doesn't "divide" or "multiply" at all. It gave me horrendously clumpy lashes that refused to separate, even with the aid of a lash comb. It also goes on sticky and takes way too long to dry. And to top it off, it kept smearing and flaking off throughout the day.

If I'm paying $16 for mascara, I expect it to work well. But that's not the case with this product. Overpriced. Underperforming.

I used this for a while, it did clump but it wasn't horrible. I prefer cover girls clump crusher mascara. I probably wouldn't buy it again. But it wasn't to bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ugh i cant believe i spent 18 dollars on this!! its the most ive spent on mascara and this is the worst i have tried :( i like the packaging but it smudges easily and is INCREDIBLY clumpy

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is quite expensive at the cost of £11.00, but it's so worth it. It made my lashes super long and defined, and it held curl easily. I had long, noticeable eyelashes throughout the day, so the staying power is awesome. There is no clumping at all, but the formula is surprisingly wet and takes forever to dry. Smearing is very likely, so if that's your biggest mascara pet peeve, don't invest in this. I have thin, short, and dark lashes, so wands that look similar to this one are key for extreme length and average volume.

I love this mascara. If you have my issues when it comes to your lashes, do get this!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worst mascara I have ever used. I love the Body Shop products in general, their shampoo and conditioner are the only type I buy- well worth the price, unlike this mascara.
It takes SO long to dry, makes a complete mess, feels sticky up to 15 minutes after applying, and goes clumpy by the end of the day. Once you've removed the excess mess around the eyes, it does look good- but this doesn't last.
I bought it as I trusted the brand and thought that with the price tag, it would be at least reasonable, but I was wrong.
Bought it a week ago, and am so fed up with it that I have now discarded it. Definitely would not recommend it!

I've used this mascara 3 times and I will continue using.
This mascara makes my lashes long, defined and it makes my eyes bigger BUT it is sticky on my lashes and it takes a while to dry and I just have to keep my eyes in one position or I will have mascara above and underneath my eyes. I still get dirty but I clean it fast with a q tip.
Plus after few hours, it gets underneath my eyes and I look like a racoon!
I don't know if I will repurchase when I will finish it.

This is just an average mascara- not great, not terrible. It applies nicely with a comb-like wand and does live up to the claim to divide your lashes. You end up with a nice natural look. However, it takes a long time to dry and as I'm rushing out the door in the morning and take a quick last glance at my makeup I keep noticing that it's already smudged under my eyes. It holds up okay during the day, but definitely lasts no where near as long as other (cheaper) mascara's I have tried. I'll probably use it up but no repurchase.
Considering it costs almost as much as a high-end mascara, I would expect more.

This mascara was the 1st TBS mascara i ever bought and honestly, I do not like this mascara at all. It does not divide my lashes... My lashes were all clumpy after application. And every time I blink I get this sticky feeling because the top lashes will slightly stick to the bottom lashes. However, it did extend my lashes a little bit.

I had high hopes for this product, because I normally love it when mascaras have a plastic brush, but it is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried out. It doesn't dry completely after application. Your lashes keep sticking to your lower lashes throughout the day. Very annoying. The brush isn't that good either. It gives you very clumpy eyelashes. Doesn't lengthen them or whatsoever. Would not buy this again. I'm just going to stick with my max factor - masterpiece mascara. It is my HG mascara.

Popular Mascaras