August 1, 2014 | 1748 users online

Mascara - The Body Shop - Divide and Multiply Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

To sum it up: this is the WORST mascara I have ever used. I hate to have to say that since I LOVE The Body Shop and have had great success with many of their products...but sadly, this isn't one of them.

Despite it's name, this mascara doesn't "divide" or "multiply" at all. It gave me horrendously clumpy lashes that refused to separate, even with the aid of a lash comb. It also goes on sticky and takes way too long to dry. And to top it off, it kept smearing and flaking off throughout the day.

If I'm paying $16 for mascara, I expect it to work well. But that's not the case with this product. Overpriced. Underperforming.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for a while, it did clump but it wasn't horrible. I prefer cover girls clump crusher mascara. I probably wouldn't buy it again. But it wasn't to bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ugh i cant believe i spent 18 dollars on this!! its the most ive spent on mascara and this is the worst i have tried :( i like the packaging but it smudges easily and is INCREDIBLY clumpy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My sister bought this for me last Christmas and it's only recently that I've opened it and started using it on a regular basis. I think it's a great mascara. I have sparse, stubby excuses for lashes and it really does give them added oomph! Applied after using my curlers, the before and after is amazing. Such a difference. The only things I'm not too keen on is the price and that it doesn't seem to work as well on my lower lashes. I have to use a wetter mascara for them, which isn't too much of a hassle.
I'd buy this again if I had the money to splash out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is quite expensive at the cost of 11.00, but it's so worth it. It made my lashes super long and defined, and it held curl easily. I had long, noticeable eyelashes throughout the day, so the staying power is awesome. There is no clumping at all, but the formula is surprisingly wet and takes forever to dry. Smearing is very likely, so if that's your biggest mascara pet peeve, don't invest in this. I have thin, short, and dark lashes, so wands that look similar to this one are key for extreme length and average volume.

I love this mascara. If you have my issues when it comes to your lashes, do get this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by zoee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Worst mascara I have ever used. I love the Body Shop products in general, their shampoo and conditioner are the only type I buy- well worth the price, unlike this mascara.
It takes SO long to dry, makes a complete mess, feels sticky up to 15 minutes after applying, and goes clumpy by the end of the day. Once you've removed the excess mess around the eyes, it does look good- but this doesn't last.
I bought it as I trusted the brand and thought that with the price tag, it would be at least reasonable, but I was wrong.
Bought it a week ago, and am so fed up with it that I have now discarded it. Definitely would not recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I've used this mascara 3 times and I will continue using.
This mascara makes my lashes long, defined and it makes my eyes bigger BUT it is sticky on my lashes and it takes a while to dry and I just have to keep my eyes in one position or I will have mascara above and underneath my eyes. I still get dirty but I clean it fast with a q tip.
Plus after few hours, it gets underneath my eyes and I look like a racoon!
I don't know if I will repurchase when I will finish it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by dewells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just an average mascara- not great, not terrible. It applies nicely with a comb-like wand and does live up to the claim to divide your lashes. You end up with a nice natural look. However, it takes a long time to dry and as I'm rushing out the door in the morning and take a quick last glance at my makeup I keep noticing that it's already smudged under my eyes. It holds up okay during the day, but definitely lasts no where near as long as other (cheaper) mascara's I have tried. I'll probably use it up but no repurchase.
Considering it costs almost as much as a high-end mascara, I would expect more.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by iamhds

This mascara was the 1st TBS mascara i ever bought and honestly, I do not like this mascara at all. It does not divide my lashes... My lashes were all clumpy after application. And every time I blink I get this sticky feeling because the top lashes will slightly stick to the bottom lashes. However, it did extend my lashes a little bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Halle1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this product, because I normally love it when mascaras have a plastic brush, but it is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried out. It doesn't dry completely after application. Your lashes keep sticking to your lower lashes throughout the day. Very annoying. The brush isn't that good either. It gives you very clumpy eyelashes. Doesn't lengthen them or whatsoever. Would not buy this again. I'm just going to stick with my max factor - masterpiece mascara. It is my HG mascara.