September 23, 2014 | 2006 users online

Mascara - Mally Beauty - Volumizing Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a gift. Thank God I didn't spend my own $ on this. Smudge-prone and neither volumizing nor lengthening on my short, space lashes. I only put it on my upper lashes and it migrates below my eyes. How did this get a 4 average? Lemmings?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but after purchasing at least five tubes of Maybelline The Falsies Flared, I've found a new HG mascara. And to think I originally thought I was not going to be into this!

Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara is unlike any other non-waterproof mascara I've tried, in that it doesn't make a total smudgy mess out of my lower lashline by midday. In fact, it doesn't even really make a mess when my eyes tear. It stays on until I take it off -- and it comes completely off with a couple of swipes with a makeup wipe and my regular face wash. Can't say that about The Falsies Flared.

This makes my lashes look like the ideal version of natural, maybe even a little better. A couple coats of this leaves my lashes looking long and full, and it does hold the curl pretty well. It's everything I'd want in a mascara, and I'll definitely repurchase.

My sole complaint is that when I initially tried to apply this, I ran into a bit of trouble. The formula for this mascara is a bit more wet than those I've used recently, so especially after opening a new tube, you may need to wait a minute before applying a second coat so as not to risk making a total mess out of your makeup. Also, the first couple of applications left me frustrated because the mascara clumped pretty easily. One I used it for about a week, though, I figured out how to work with the formula, and the clumping was no longer an issue. The result is worth it to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't believe the hype. This pales in comparison to my new favorite, "Smokey Eye Mascara" by Bobbi Brown. My results were decent length but minimal volume. My lashes actually looked sparse. Pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by PearlsGirl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! The formula is amazing, it gave fullness and most importantly (to me) it gave some serious length. I've uploaded a photo to show it- a lot of times my lashes were hitting my eyebrows! Ok granted I'm lucky enough to have long lashes anyway but I think if you have short lashes and want to lengthen then definitely give this a go. The only thing to be aware of is application- I found too much product was getting on the brush (but I find this with all new mascaras) so I would just wipe the sides of the brush along the edge of the tube to avoid clumping etc. In regards to the wand, I like 'fat' bristly brushes like the one in this mascara, as I'm not a fan of the newer plastic type so I was very happy with this wand and if applied carefully clumping can be avoided.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sabbia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my 30 yrs of buying mascara I have yet to find one brand or type of mascara I dislike....until now.

Fortunately I have always had very long and rather thick dark lashes (somewhat thinner now with age) so never really needed to be picky about mascara. I would buy whatever brand was cheapest/on sale and do not remember ever being disappointed with the results.,

My sister-in-law, being a QVC junkie, purchased a Mally Beauty set that included 3 Voluminizing Mascara wands so gave one of her extras to me. Thank goodness it was free.

It is the wettest, messiest formula I have ever used. When I'm not careful, it binds my lashes together leaving me with about 4 or 5 clumped-together fibrous masses on my eyes. Not attractive.

Through trial error, I have found the only way to make the stuff work without having to go back and separate each and every lash with a comb is to apply only one coat being careful to keep the wand stationary (not twisting) in a quick upward motion one or two times at the very most. Any other motion or more coats will cause it to starting binding my lashes together. Never in my life have I had to work so hard at applying mascara. If it wasn't for the fact that I hate to throw things away, I would be tossing this product in a dumpster but instead have found a way to make it work and am resigned to using the comb when needed.

I will say this about this mascara-- and the reason I added a couple lippies---once all the effort is made and it is applied, it does give alot of volume and does not flake or smudge. (but it is also more difficult to remove than some of my other non-waterproof mascaras... which I personally don't mind if it gives me longer wear).

Holy crap... I was curious what the retail price is for this wand and almost fell over! $20??? Eeks. I have been debating whether it's worth even being a freebie because it is so labor-intensive. But $20? No way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Try as I may, I can't like this mascara. I should start out by saying that I'm a fair-skinned natural redhead with invisible lashes when I'm not wearing mascara. Also, almost everything smudges or melts on me, except Cover Girl Lash Blast products. I work in the dental field, so I wear masks all day and that can cause many mascaras to melt. Always on the hunt for world's best mascara, on the recommendation of EmilyNoel83 on YT, I purchased this at Ulta when Mally's line started selling in-store. The packaging is fine. It's not flashy, but doesn't look cheap. It has a good brush - full, but not too big and the bristles are traditional - not plastic. It's the formula that just doesn't do it for me. It's a little wet, which I usually like, but this takes extra effort to apply. It also transfers very easily to my upper lid even when I'm being very careful. By the end of my work day, I have hardly any product left on my lash tips, probably because it ended up under my eyes :/ I never get the promised effect of full, thick lashes. They look mediocre at best, and for $20, this mascara should make them look fantastic IMO. I have no doubt that this mascara is great for a lot of people and if this is your HG mascara, that's great! It just doesn't do it for me. I truly think I found my HG in Cover Girl Clump Crusher. It's almost 1/3 of the price of Mally's and it truly makes my lashes look really good all day with flaking, smudging, or transferring.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I give this a four, but that being said this is the most work extensive mascara I own. I have to leave time in my routine to put this on because I cannot just "throw" it on. If I try to I literally get mascara all over my eyelids and nose. Plus the mascara can get clumpy.

So with that being said when I can take the extra few minutes to wear this it looks great. I have gotten SO many compliments on my eyes. My good friend ever asked me if I had a new mascara. She told me it was very black and made my eyelashes look super long. So it that regard I really like it. That part gets it a four. The mascara would have gotten a 5 if it was a little more user friendly.

When I use this I try to apply it like Mally Roncal tells you to in her tutorials. I wiggle the brush along the roots and pull the wand up. Then I try to "paint" the mascara on with the end of the wand. That process hasn't worked so well for me, but I have tried and I will keep trying. Then I take a piece of stiff paper and use it as an eye guard to put the last few coats on. It makes me eyelashes look gourgois. lol

Note that I always have to wipe the end of the mascara off before I apply anything because it always comes out with a goop of stuff on the end, which I tend to wipe on my nose if I don't remover it promptly. The mascara is not stiff and takes a bit of time to dry down. It does not irritate my eyelashes and is good compared to other mascaras I've used when it comes to transfering. It does transfer a bit, but nothing like other mascaras.

So will I buy this mascara again....yes I think when I want to treat myself. It really gives my eyes a nice look and is comfortable to wear. I think I could knock down the prep time if I just used to paper eyeguard or found a commercial makeup eyeshadow guard. If I figure something out that is better for me I will update.

I've also seen others say it dries out after a few uses. Haven't had that problem yet, but again I will update if I notice a change in performance over the next three months.

I think if you have been eyeing this for awhile, like I had, then give it a try. It is at Ulta now. Good luck! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by jonie_k

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was ok at first, but after a couple of weeks it started getting clumpy & clogged the tube so bad that mascara was squishing out & making a terrible mess. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by IkeaIneedya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this. I've purchased it more than once which is really saying something because I'm always searching for the next best thing when it comes to mascaras. It does add lots of volume, decent length too. Its very black and doesn't flake! yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by bekahfelly94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Okay so the first time I used this mascara I was all hyped up after watching the QVC programmes. I have really short lashes and I had been using benefit they're real. I grabbed it out of the box applied it, and nothing. I was so disappointed! I had just about banished it and written it off when one day I thought I'd give it another go. It was great. GIVE IT TIME, work with it, be patient. It's a wonderful product, builds and builds for amazing length and volume, flash lash effect. It is one of my favourite HG mascaras! It is slightly inky and wet, so I get annoying residue left on my eyelid, but the plus side is it doesn't feel dry and crispy and can be reapplied later for going out after work . Can sometimes clump if you don't take time in between coats, use lash comb also. Lasts all day in a stuffy brightly lit environment. I also really don't understand issues about removing. I can remove it easily with all my removing products, garnier cleansing oil, Nivea eye make up remover crème and marks and Spencer eye make up remover. Price for a single tube is expensive but QVC kits are cheap and often contain full size mascara. Packaging disappointing could look more luxurious to be fair