October 30, 2014 | 1585 users online

Conditioner - Dabur Vatika Hair Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Naddy94

Firstly it made my hair soft and smoothed in 1 week. in 2 weeks i used it again however it made my hair so dry and knotty. i thought to my myself i might use it again but it made my hair dry again which it made me angry. i wont ever use this product again. right now i am using parachute coconut oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by zchavis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thenaturalzee.tumblr.com blog does a good review!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

#1 i have dry course 4C natural afro hair (colour treated) and this stuff makes my hair freel amazing.

I don't know how this coconut oil differs from regular extra virgin coconut oil but my hair always feels soooooo soft for days after i slather this in. I have been using this on and off for years and only when I came across it again in my local walmart for $3 i grabbed it up and recall how good it is.

I dont mind the smell...but I hate the packaging. When its liquid its not bad but when it is solid.. you cant get it through the tiny little hole you have to poke through the top. and pulling out the little cork is kind of hard.

100% works for me

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Angelcake92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am Bengali so technically Indian I guess. This hair oil did not do anything much for me. I didnt get added shine, moisture, etc. My hair tends not to have much of a reaction to coconut oil anyway and benefits from thicker oils like almond oil, blackseed oil, olive oil, mustard oil (especially - WARNING - it stinks).

I also wasnt too fond of the smell of the vatika oil.

On the bright side it doesnt contain the unnecessarily mineral oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I had to chuckle at the comment by an MUA reviewer who thinks most Indian women rely on using budget hair oil as the secret to beautiful hair - by and large, our hair tends to start off naturally shiny and healthy anyway, so I'm afraid it IS largely down to genetics. Having said that, we too can have our share of hair woes later in life (a common one being thinning, which I'm currently experiencing myself). There are several varieties of this hair oil that you can use to enhance/rescue your locks if money is tight or you don't have time or the knowledge to blend your own. I am not a snob when it comes to such things, I have my own array of blended drugstore-bought hair oils, mainly for my teen daughter's use, although I will always forego mineral oil in favour of coconut oil (which, incidentally is always solid unless it is fractionated - just pop in the microwave for 20 seconds to make it easier to squeeze out). On the whole, this oil is very good for the price, hence it gets four lippies from me.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Du64ka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I always adored Indian and Arabian women hair, so I decided to try some of indian/arabian hair treatments, to see if there will be the same effect on my dark blond European hair.
First I was amazed with thickness of Vatika hair oil. For me "Oil" is always liquid and if it is hard then it is "butter" :-). In this case I was wrong and hair oil became liquid after I put it in warm water.
I like the smell: for me it is a lemon cake.
I pour 1-2 table spoons in a small saucer, dip fingertips into oil and massage into scalp and my short hair are any way covered during that time. I put on a plastic wrap, sometimes towel to keep it warm and leave for 2-3 hours, depending how much time I have. Then shampoo it and no additional conditioner.
First time I saw hair in the sink, but as time goes by "hairfall" became less. I use this hair oil every second day a week. I think it will be very effective to use it during sauna or Turkish hammam rituals.
I like the oil and decided to try Dabur Vatika shampoo to see if it will multiply my hair :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Why did I not research this before trying it? It is TERRIBLE. Plain coconut oil with castor oil and almond oil works better. Or the heavenly monoi oil with sandalwood I alternate with. even moroccan argan oil.

This has 'parfum' (vague, could contain any amount of allergens) and BHT? Really?? No wonder it makes me itch, any bit that touches skin (such as the nape of the neck or AHEM the scalp) becomes extremely irritated, I can feel rash itching everywhere. This is just ONE use. i don't care to revisit this nightmarish experience, when my plain, DIY hair oil will suffice and probably works loads better! Ugh. Gosh my scalp feels like it is BURNING. Oh God some of it touched the tops of my ears and they are burning! I feel a welt forming on my back where a bit of this dripped from my hair. never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by emmjaepenniman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this on my relaxed hair for about 3 years and it is wonderful.... it almost changes the roots of my hair to be smoother even while I'm stretching relaxers.... I highly recommend this product.:-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I like this, my friend introduced me to it and bought me a bottle at an Indian grocery store. It's super cheap, like $2-5 Cdn depending on the size, maybe cheaper/more expensive depending on where you live. It's coconut-oil based, so has that thick, solid at room temperature, slightly gritty feel but I just rub it between my palms and it melts right away. I use a 1-2 drops (less than 1/2 tsp) for the length of my hair (past bra strap, nearing bum length, about 25' long) for pre-wash oiling so if your hair is shorter you will only need a tiny amount as with most oils, that way it won't be greasy. For "deep conditioning" or when I have more time, I use about 2-3 tablespoons and massage throughout length of hair and apply this either overnight or for at least a few hours before shampooing and conditioning and it makes my hair smooth and silky. I don't like the smell too much (although I never liked the smell of Amla or neem oils, not just from this brand) but it's fine because I wash it out and then you can't smell it anymore. After putting the oil in my hair I wrap it up in a high bun and cover with a scarf so the oil doesn't transfer. I like the bottle because it's easy to travel with and because the product is solid, there's no mess if it falls or something. Easy to squeeze out the amount I need.

I would repurchase, nice mix of good oils for hair. Keeps my hair healthy, easy to comb and shiny plus it's cheap and a smaller bottle lasted me almost a year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For those that are concerned that this oil is a solid in cooler temperatures, that is because this is in a natural coconut oil base. Coconut oil is a solid until it reaches about 75 F and thus all you need to do is submerge it in hot water for about a minute and it will become a liquid. When I am preparing my hot oil treatment, I just plug up my sink and run hot water over the bottle, let it float in the hot water for about a minute, then it is ready to go. I do not work straight out of the bottle. I pour it in a small dish so that I don't get the bottle oily. I have had GREAT results with this oil. I have used it both overnight and for as short as one hour. The last 2 times I have mixed it 50:50 with castor oil. Then I massage it into my scalp in sections and lastly apply it to the length, then comb through with a plastic comb. I then put my hair up and clean up my sink (LOL). You may notice a little hair fall but this is just the natural amount you have normally, but you will see it when you oil/comb it out. I have plastic hair caps that I got from Amazon and I will wear one while my hair sits with the oil. I will wash twice, very thoroughly to get the oil out (once was not enough for me). I can skip conditioner after using this wonderful treatment. I also took a little oil while it was liquified and put it in a small container (an old eye cream jar) and then refrigerated it so it got hard again and now I keep this around for doing a very light oiling on dry hair - I use about the equivalent of 3 drops and warm it up in my hands and then lightly run my hands through my hair and then comb through. My hair looks incredible. I haven't noticed any color change, but I have dark hair and already use henna, so that could be why. If you're worried about color change then you can use plain coconut oil or a blend of coconut oil and your other favorite oils. I highly recommend checking this stuff out! Ayurvedic products have done amazing things for my hair. **Just a warning, most of the other Dabur brand oils contain mineral oil, so if you want to avoid that, just be sure and read the packaging. This one does not contain any mineral oil or silicones which is one reason I love it so much.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No