April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Conair Expert 1875 Tourmaline Ceramic blow dryer

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Arbesec

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought it online from Conair ,It is a heavy hairdryer,it worked fine for two weeks, then the reset button would not reset.I called Conair for a refund, they kept referring me to call different phone numbers(they even gave Cuisinart 's phone number).Finally after being on hold for some time I got through and was given instructions about how to return the defective dryer. I just mailed it to them.Good riddance.I wont buy from Conair again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had this blow dryer for two years. It does have a decent amount of drying options. I like that i can blow dry cold, luke warm or very hot, as varying "speeds."
It doesn't dry my hair that quickly. I do have fairly thick hair and use a good brush. I don't use the narrow cover because it dries my hair EVEN SLOWER.
If I use it on full blast, it's too much to where I have to keep taking breaks and I'm sweating so badly. This is even when I have my bathroom door open, fan on, or even the bathroom door that leads to my pool outside. It does dry more quickly but also leaves SO MUCH MORE damage.

It's suppose to have some ion magic crap and it's just total crap. This iron has never improved the appearance or texture of my hair. The only way my hair dries remotely smooth is because of the brush I use.
It also tangles my hair to the point of dreading, even on the lowest setting. I've never experienced that with any other blow dryer.

I've only had it for so long because I haven't had the money to purchase a higher end one...and it's better than no blow dryer.

The only good thing about this product is that it does last a good long time. Since I don't fancy this thing, I do just throw it down and I'm not gentle with it. Even with that treatment, it's still truckin'.

If you plan to use this sparingly, it should be okay. If you plan to use this for a HG dryer, look else where.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had this hair dryer for a couple of years now and really love it! Probably my favorite dryer yet as it really dries my hair quickly, leaves it smooth, and non-frizzy. I like that it has two heat settings and a cool air option, plus comes with attachments. A great investment that cost about $40.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a fairly priced (paid $30 at Ulta) hair dryer that is sleek, not too heavy, good for travel, nice colors, good setttings, and great attachments. It's simple and works bottom line. I sued to spend soooo mcuh money on the most expensive blow dryers and flat irons falling into the rediculous hype of fancy name brand tools that stylist mostly provoked me into as well. Hoenstly years of using those $100 and ++ a pop tools I can't say they ever offered breathtaking results. I feel all us girls have to use some common sense and understand that no matter how fany the tool we will not get super model hair from that alone, well aside form teh girls who already have hair that good lol. I have natural wavy hair which really is pouffy and frizzes no matter how healthy it is from all my quality hair products/ constant trims. No this dryer doesn't turn my hair into spun silk lol but with the right styling products (Kerastase for me) and either blowdrying my hair straight or diffusing to wear neaturally wavy my hair turns out smooth, soft and full of volume. This blowdryer works great and does the exact same thing $100 dryers do at 5x less the cost so if it breaks after a year or so I'm not losing out on tons of money. Bottom line all hair tools put heat in your hair. If you use them on the highest heat setting/speed and too frequently then it's a no brainer that obviously your hair will be fried regardless of what fancy brand you are using. That's just fact hence why I save money and don't buy expensive dryers anymore and Conair is great. I still spend a little more on flat and curling irons as those tools are directly touching and on your hair longer so definitely want quality there. Try this blow dryer out! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by happyrosa720

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It looks like most of the people got this for $20 at Costco (ME TOO) It dry out my hair fast, soft, and smooth. Another plus is that there is a dedicated "turbo"/"cool" button for a burst of very hot air or cool air, aside from the 3 heat / speed settings. The only downside is that it is loud and somewhat heavy, but overall it still a nice hair dryer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by LillieMan

Just got this today at Costco for $19.99! it's considered cheap for a Tourmaline Ceramic blow dryer. The only bad thing about it is that the sound is very loud. Love the brush too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for $20 at Costco to replace my aging hair dryer (Vidal Sasson 1875 something or other). This comes with a diffuser, concentrator, and hairbrush. I was pleasantly surprised by this dryer, it dries my long, thick hair pretty quickly, and without any poofiness like some other dryers create. It must be the Ionic / Tourmaline Ceramic technology. My hair was soft and smooth after drying, I didn't even feel the need to run a straightening iron over it! There is a dedicated "turbo"/"cool" button for a burst of very hot air or cool air, aside from the 3 heat / speed settings. It also has an automatic shutoff feature in case the dryer overheats! It does have it's faults - it's loud and somewhat heavy (like most Conair hair dryers) but overall I think it's a good hair dryer for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wandering around at Costco, I saw a few of these left for only $14.99. This helps create shiny, silky hair. Package states it generates infared heat to dry hair from the inside out. It dries gently and quickly, minimizing heat damage and makes hair less frizzy and more manageable. ITA. I wondered about the technology, and I'm happy to report this does a terrific job of drying my hair in half the time and leaving it smooth and non-frizzy! For the record, I really like BTZ Straight Shot before blow drying. This unit has turbo heat, a cool shot button, 3 heat/2 speed settings, removable filter and hang ring. It also came with a diffuser, concentrator and a nice sized cushion brush. I put a little smoothing cream in my hair, then blow dry down the hair shafts and this left my hair looking finished and smooth. This is a nifty blow dryer and it's just fine on its own if you don't want to flat iron every day.