October 20, 2014 | 881 users online

Shampoo - MooGoo - Milk Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by silurian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the MooGoo conditioner, but hate this shampoo. It doesn't clean my hair, makes my scalp irritated and itchy, and leaves a greasy residue that weighs it down my fine hair. My hair does feel soft and silky afterwards, but the scalp grossness and limpness is not worth it. I've been trying hard to finish the bottle because it's so $$ but finally gave up and threw it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by ace81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I bought it last week after many failed attempts at other sulfate free shampoos and not being able to find my Enjoy Luxury Shampoo.

Firstly, the bottle is super cute.
Secondly, it costs about $17 per 500ml, which is half of the price of a 300ml bottle of my Enjoy Luxury Shampoo.
Thirdly, it works.

I wore a black dress and black shirt to work today, and for the first time in, say, 8 years I wasn't looking at my shoulders for unsightly flakes on my clothes. Some may think it is expensive, but for that one point it is worth every cent.

As an aside, I also bought the scalp cream. I tried it on my 5 year old for his cradle cap and it cleared it up with one treatment.

I will certainly be buying more of their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by whitem05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I always seem to get an itchy scalp and dandruff whenever I use most shampoos, even those that are suphate, silicone free etc. I've used this shampoo for a few weeks now and it leaves my hair feeling SUPER soft, and it has a volume to it, like it's not being weighed down.

When you use it, it feels like it shouldnt clean your hair, because it doesnt lather up a lot but your hair feels amazing afterwards.

Its a bit more expensive than I have normally paid for a shampoo, but its worth it to me. Here's to an itchy-free head!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by sunnykt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like this product very much. But maybe that's because I didn't have scalp issues. It left my hair greasy even after washing with copious amounts of product. It was too runny too, so I used more than I'd like. It also feels rough until I condition and leaves bits of white that I assume are milk proteins trying to bond to my hair. I'm not saying this is a terrible product. I just think it would be better for a different hair type and audience. I kind of love the brand for their skin care, but their shampoo is a bit of a shame. I *might* re-purchase just out of the love I have for their eye serum and the fact that I know that it is (clearly) very gentle. But I also might try going back to organicare and seeing if my hair is less oily now overall after a few days of not washing (since I've only been washing every few days and I used to wash everyday). I still need to alternate this product 2-3 a week with once a week washing with "normal shampoo" to get rid of oil buildup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Favourite shampoo! I had an itchy, flaky and repulsive scalp with disgusting dandruff... but this has fixed it. It's nice to be able to use a shampoo that doesn't have artificial fragrance which makes my hands and back itchy from using it. I find that it cleans my hair very well and gives it a nice amount of volume and after washing my hair looks clean and does not look flat or weighed down. If you use a lot of styling products, I'm not quite sure how well it would remove them though? While washing, it feels like it makes the hair somewhat dry but I don't know if it is because it is actually drying, or just lacks that silicone type feel. If you follow up with their conditioner it is no problem. It is a little expensive but at least you get alot of product. It can be a bit hard to spread throughout the hair but you learn to work with it. It may not be the most efficient shampoo for those who do not have scalp problems or sensitive skin.. but for those that do... Get it! It has made my hair look overall a lot healthier and due to containing no SLS it doesn't strip colour from dyed hair as quick. This is the only shampoo I can use and I love having a natural alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by OliviaR97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had scalp problems all my life. The flaking skin, trying to scrape it out with a nit comb. At times it would bleed. I've tried baby shampoo, multiple anti dandruff shampoos, even baby oil on my scalp to try to remove the flakes! My dad came home with this one day when my scalp was at it's worst. And it was wonderful. It smells like coconut and has a lovely silky/creamy texture. My hairdresser also suggested massaging conditioner all throughout my hair and especially on my scalp for 3 minutes which immensely helped too. I think it can be a bit drying on the hair if not teamed with a great moisturising conditioner though. A wonderful product, I'll never stop buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by andreapirlosnose

This is a really gorgeous shampoo. My scalp is as dry as the Serengeti and prone to eczema ever since using a L'Oreal semi-permanent dye 6 or 7 years ago that gave me weeping dermatitis, and I dye my curly (and naturally blonde) hair black-brown on a monthly basis. So a hell of a lot of shampoos really don't cut it for me, even ones that profess to be 'gentle'. I did give the co-washing stuff a whirl but it just seemed to make my hair lank, and my curls took on that strangely formless, droopy, unkempt-looking quality most notably sported by the female members of the Westboro Baptist Church, so I ended up back on the shampoo train again. I tried endless shampoos, including ones free of all SLS-type agents, and every single one seemed to dry my poor traumatised scalp out like crazy. For a good 3 years now my hair has been coming out in alarmingly thick clumps every time I wash and frankly it amazes me on a bi-weekly basis that I'm not completely bald. Until I stumbled upon this beauty. Lo and behold, I can actually go without conditioner now. When I wash with this stuff, my hair feels... buttery, is the only word for it. Thick and glossy and yummy. And it doesn't dry my scalp at all! Not even slightly! The smell is sublime: accurately described by a reviewer below me as being like vanilla milkshake - good call! And as trivial as this is, (I mean who gives a shit what shampoo looks like?) it's ever so aesthetically pleasing as well. All creamy and shimmery. Despite comprehensive lack of SLS and chemicals and what have you, it lathers like a dream into a thick, decadent foam and you can use a little smidgen or an enormous dollop and still get the same soft, clean, whipped cream-like hair. Two big enthusiastic thumbs up from yours truly. It's more than worth the infuriatingly long wait (and postage expense) to have it shipped over from the other side of the planet. I don't ever envisage using another shampoo. I mean, I admit I'm fairly low maintenance when it comes to cosmetics etc (translation: arrogant tosser who believes they're too naturally hot to bother making any effort) but to feel confident that I'll never bother to hunt down a replacement? I think that's quite an accolade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Zapookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been a saviour for me. I have a really sensitive scalp, and spent a long time trying to find something that wouldn't leave my scalp irritated. This stuff is so gentle! and it smells like a vanilla milkshake. I'm on my second bottle :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I lurrrrve this shampoo.
It took a while for my hair to settle into the routine. My hair tended to get greasy after 2-3 days because of the irritating chemicals in other shampoos and conditioners. Clever isn't it - cause a problem and then use more product to try to fix it.
Not with Moogoo Shampoo!
It gentle cleanses your hair and leaves it so soft. If my hair didn't have a tendency to be dry, I think I could easily just use this product and no conditioner.
The packaging is a squeezey top. The consistency is luxurious and so is the smell. Definitely a must try. Just give it some time if you are switching to less irritating products as the hair sometimes goes through a bit of a 'purge' but it soon gets over it. Then you will have silky, shiny, easy to manage hair too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by helenofpoi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have suffered from scalp psoriasis for the past 20 years, so this appealed to me because it is SLS free (uses a more gentle foaming agent, apparently) and because I know what pretty much everything on the ingredients list is. I'm using it in conjunction with the Scalp Cream from the same company. Over the years, I have tried many things for my psoriasis - steroids and other prescriptions, coal tar treatments, herbal supplements, every 'natural' shampoo under the sun...

After 4 washes, I can see a marked improvement in my scalp - I no longer have flakes the size of cornflakes! My skin has not been itchy or irritated, and does not sting on contact with water like it usually does. It's not perfect, and I doubt it ever will be, but this is seriously helping me so far.

As well as a dodgy scalp, I also have thick, unruly, waist-length hair. As a shampoo, I have found that I may have to shampoo a second time (I wouldn't normally), but it does leave my hair soft, relatively frizz free and quite shiny. It is a bit slow to lather, but this is common with SLS free products.

It's not the cheapest, but does come in a large 500ml bottle. I'm not pushed on the smell - think vanilla milkshake (and I REALLY hate the smell of vanilla), but most people will probably find it quite neutral, and it doesn't linger on the hair. Overall, it wouldn't be my first choice for shampoo for my hair, although it does a perfectly adequate job, but it may well be my first choice for my psoriasis-covered scalp.