Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

My biggest problem with this product was that it's not waterproof. People's eyes water on a daily basis, sometimes just from blinking. So I just don't get an eyeliner that you put so close to your eye to not be waterproof. And I don't know if I got a defective one but the first time I used it, it was very dried out, almost empty. It's so hard to get enough product on the tip. I had to go over it many times, and still got streaks. It wore off within one hour near the corners of my eyes. The only good thing about it, besides the satin finish, is the applicator. It was a good size/thickness to create a great line, if the actual product was better. When the product did go on I thought it was a nice dark color. Also, since it was already dry, how long until it runs out? It can't last too much longer.

on 6/25/2015 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this mascara really irritated my eyes and the smell is strong

on 6/24/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've always wanted to try this Stiletto. Even tho I'm one who needs volume, (my lashes are a little longer than average but not thick at all, actually somewhat sparse), it's always good to have a couple of lengthening mascaras for when I want a cleaner look. This mascara actually delivers both. I love my L'Oreal Telescopic as well, but this one adds thickness afterwards too if you apply a 2nd coat (do not allow drying) w/ out looking clumpy. Years ago I had Lancome's "Definicils" & this one reminds me of it. The Stiletto brush just clings to every lash & provides fierce deep black color, length & a little volume rather quickly. It's perfect for those days when I just want a simple black line on my lids & mascara. If you're looking for mega false lash look go for the Colossal Chaotic or Miss Manga's 2 types. I ll only re-purchase on sale tho as this runs up to $14 in Toronto. I just happen to have gotten this on sale for around $7.

on 5/31/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very little length and made my lashes almost brittle looking. It has found a new home in my garbage can.

on 5/31/2015 12:42:00 AM

This mascara is incredibly lengthning. I love this for that reason. Doesn't provide much volume or maybe that's just because of my straight Asian lashes. Cute packaging and I absolutely love the shape of the wand

on 5/22/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG product! I've used this for about 4 years now, and no other mascara can compare!

Its relatively light weight, so it doesn't weigh down your lashes, even with multiple coats. For me, one coat was needed, and it lasts the whole day! It doesn't flake, smudge, and does whatever it says it will do. People actually come up to me, asking if I'm wearing fake lashes!

This may be the only make up product that I will stock up and will be loss if they ever discontinued this.

on 5/15/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG mascara. I have been using it for over 5 years. When I first purchased a new tube the formula was a little runny; so the first few applications from a new tube are not always fun for me, but once the formula gets a bit thicker this stuff is amazing! It can clump a little but if you wait too long to do a second or third coat (I usually do 3 coats), but it can easily be combed out using the applicator.
I have tried everything from YSL, Dior and even a Japanese fiber lash brand called Fairy Drops (all of which were quite expensive upwards of $38 CAD.). I found myself running back out to the drugstore to buy another tube of this.
I will never cheat on my Lash Stiletto!

on 4/22/2015 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am surprised at the average overall rating of this product. This is an excellent quality mascara that provides amazing length to my lashes. I am super fussy when it comes to mascara and generally do not stay loyal to a mascara for more than a few months. This also provides a decent curl effect as well (without the use of an eyelash curler which I've never been a fan of using). I really like the brush/wand as it is an 'old school' natural brush, and not the spiky, plastic type which I loathe! This works so well at providing length and curl, is super easy to apply and even easier to remove in the evening. I noticed a lot of the newer formulas are very difficult to remove, and result in the use of a lot of extra makeup remover and loss of lashes! This mascara comes off simply with my gel based eye makeup remover, and I don't lose any lashes in the process (unlike with Maybelline Falsies which is a pain to remove and results in lash loss). This is also a very buildable formula, and does not clump; just the opposite, as it separates lashes so well.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

i have a love and hate relationship with this product. I love that it has a waterproof version but then it smudges on me. Also , this has an attitude, there are days it choose not to behave and just ruin my lashes

on 1/27/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I judge a mascara in the following ways:

1. Lengthening: it doesn't give you 'dramatic' length but you'll see a significant increase in length.
2. Volumising: it's ok - makes my lashes thicker but I personally don't think the result is significant enough. If you're looking for ultimate increase in thickness just invest in false lashes.
3. Smudge?: mine is not waterproof, but it stays on long enough given that I don't use eye primer and use eye cream. When I take it off I gently massage my eyes with cold cream remover.. about 30 seconds all mascara melts. Proves how uneasy for it to smudge on me.
4. Wand: the unique shape makes applications at the corners of the eyes easier. But to me it still puts a bit too much on my bottom lashes. For finer applications on the bottom lashes use mini brushes that are made to cleanse the gaps of your teeth - they separate bottom lashes very well and prevent clumps.
5. Formula: relatively dry, I'd not use it as a build-up mascara. Suitable for relatively thin lashes.
6. Clump? It doesn't clump if the amount of product on the wand is sufficient for your lashes. In one go I apply mascara on upper and bottom lashes of both of my eyes --> NO CLUMPS!
7. Flake? It doesn't flake - before it dries. If you apply on a dry coat you'll get minor flaking issues.
8. Packaging: CUTE!

Overall I'd say it gives a natural finish suitable for day time purposes with one coat and separated, longer and a-little-thicker lashes. With 2 or even 3 coats you're ready to hit the nights! For an absolute voluptuous look opt for false lashes - this mascara blends in very well with false eyelashes. Lashes are spread beautifully and evenly; and they are stayed in that way (inc the curls) unless you rub your eyes. Suitable for contact lenses wearers, I believe, as my eyes do not get irritated with this mascara. The price is reasonable, but still a bit costly for drugstore product

Popular Mascaras