November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Maybelline always seems to know how to make good mascaras. I picked this one up during the 40% off all Maybelline products sale at Rite Aid. The packaging is alluring and sexy. It does remind you of a pair of stiletto heels, hence the name. It's a black tube with red and silver writing. I got the waterproof version, so that it wouldn't budge on my lashes and it would hold a better curl. The smell is a but funky and difficult to describe. It's like smelling an herb or something, but the smell doesn't bother me. The wand is nothing special, but very practical and traditional. It kind of reminds me of the Maybelline Full N' Soft wand, but bigger. As for the formula of the mascara, it is rather nice. It's not as black as I want it to be, but that's okay. It seems to hold a curl VERY well and it really doesn't budge. Even if the wand has a lot of bristles, the outer lashes seem to clump every time I use this. I just use my lash comb to get it out or just get rid of the blob with my fingers. It's weird how that happens, but the mascara is quite nice. It gives plenty of length and doesn't flake at all! When I remove it, it takes a little more eye makeup remover because it has such lasting power, but the mascara is seriously so good that I don't even mind it. Try the mascara for yourself because it's actually quite good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by abian1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

First of all, it's so affordable! I love how it really lengthen my eyelashes when I used it properly. I don't like mascara that gives a clot and big eyelashes, so this is the one! It gives a long and soft eyelashes without looking too much for daily uses. I'm not a fan of heavy make up for school or work activity. I'd prefer to look natural with a little touch of eyeliner, mascara, and soft moist lipstick. The packaging is good. So far this is the best mascara for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Xoashhleyrose

I really don't understand why this mascara doesn't have as good reviews as I thought. I absolutely love mascara and my lashes are really long and mainly cause of this mascara. I have tried mascaras from the drugstore to big names like mac and I can honestly say this is just as good if not better than most of these big name brands. I love it, it makes my lashes so longg its great. I really recommend this product to everyone its at least worth a try. I been using it for years and I can't go without it for a day. Very very good mascara, give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by parcoeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have searched for at least THREE years for a decent drugstore mascara. I used to use a double wand L'Oréal mascara before then that I can't find anymore. So my search began. This one was finally the winner!! First off, the wand doesn't come out wet and goopy like tons of other mascaras. Which, if it's wet, then it just makes your lashes a huge wet spider lash mess. The consistency of lash stiletto is immediately perfect. This mascara adds LENGTH not necessarily volume (volume mascaras=thick goopy spider legs in my opinion). The length looks beautiful and natural, just short of what false lashes give!! I'm serious. It also doesn't flake off over the day. Just a perfect mascara, and a random last ditch effort/hope on my part. Almost gave up on my search, glad I didn't!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I love everything about it. It gives me excellent length! The formula is a nice balance between wet and creamy, and is easy to take off. It stays well and doesn't flake. I absolutely adore the wand. It separates my lashes beautifully. It doesn't do much for curling, especially when your lashes are straight like mine. I recommend curling your lashes before using this mascara. All in all, I really love this mascara. I definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Eh not bad. It lengthened alright nothing great though. It also started to smudge by midday.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryLa

This is some of the best mascara I have ever used. It lengthens, defines, doesn't clump, doesn't have that gummy texture that a lot of mascaras have, dries quickly, washes easily, and you don't pay a high price. I will buy this as long as they keep making it- I so hope they never discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been on the hunt for a natural-looking, washable mascara. I hate fighting to get my mascara off at the end of the night, to the point where I sometimes just skip wearing it because I don't want the ordeal of removing it later. Recently I saw on Into The Gloss that this is Cindy Crawford's favorite mascara, and not knowing it was washable I decided to try it out, figuring she can get anything she wants and if this is her favorite that must mean something. When I saw it was washable I was thrilled. It goes on very light and natural-looking, giving definition without looking too made up. Years ago there was a mascara that I loved called Neutrogena Weightless Volume that I still mourn, and this reminded me of that, my all-time fave -- weightless, natural looking, me but better. Just got it so can't say too much about how it wears yet, but I am really excited. If you are looking for a natural-looking, washable mascara, you might like this one! Agree with others, too -- if you are looking for volume, keep looking. This gives natural-looking definition and a bit of length. It's a great everyday mascara if you're not into looking too "done up" during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I purchased this after Maybelline discontinued Sky-High Curves mascara. I typically use volumizing formulas because I already have decently long eyelashes but this product makes my lashes look extremely long. The pigmentation is great and the formula is the perfect consistency, not too thick, not too watery. It isn't flaky and lasts all day. The brush is great for making lashes look long and lush (not good for thickening). I typically use this as a finishing coat over 2-3 coats of volumizing mascara so I get length and volume together. If you're looking for a mascara that will make your lashes look like they have the length of false lashes, this is what you need! Plus it is affordable at about $8 a tube. Great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Jymmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is perfect for me. I agree with the previous reviewer, that this mascara will give you clean, long, long lashes, with no clumps, flaking, or smudging. It removes easily with makeup remover cloths, or soap and water. I bought 10 different mascaras to take home, try, and review, and this one was a winner! I know everyone's expectations of what they want from their mascara may be different (length vs volume vs curling vs waterproof) but this one can be described as lengthening and clean. I've already bought a spare tube, so I'll never run out of it.