Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 5/22/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG product! I've used this for about 4 years now, and no other mascara can compare!

Its relatively light weight, so it doesn't weigh down your lashes, even with multiple coats. For me, one coat was needed, and it lasts the whole day! It doesn't flake, smudge, and does whatever it says it will do. People actually come up to me, asking if I'm wearing fake lashes!

This may be the only make up product that I will stock up and will be loss if they ever discontinued this.

on 5/15/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG mascara. I have been using it for over 5 years. When I first purchased a new tube the formula was a little runny; so the first few applications from a new tube are not always fun for me, but once the formula gets a bit thicker this stuff is amazing! It can clump a little but if you wait too long to do a second or third coat (I usually do 3 coats), but it can easily be combed out using the applicator.
I have tried everything from YSL, Dior and even a Japanese fiber lash brand called Fairy Drops (all of which were quite expensive upwards of $38 CAD.). I found myself running back out to the drugstore to buy another tube of this.
I will never cheat on my Lash Stiletto!

on 4/22/2015 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am surprised at the average overall rating of this product. This is an excellent quality mascara that provides amazing length to my lashes. I am super fussy when it comes to mascara and generally do not stay loyal to a mascara for more than a few months. This also provides a decent curl effect as well (without the use of an eyelash curler which I've never been a fan of using). I really like the brush/wand as it is an 'old school' natural brush, and not the spiky, plastic type which I loathe! This works so well at providing length and curl, is super easy to apply and even easier to remove in the evening. I noticed a lot of the newer formulas are very difficult to remove, and result in the use of a lot of extra makeup remover and loss of lashes! This mascara comes off simply with my gel based eye makeup remover, and I don't lose any lashes in the process (unlike with Maybelline Falsies which is a pain to remove and results in lash loss). This is also a very buildable formula, and does not clump; just the opposite, as it separates lashes so well.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

i have a love and hate relationship with this product. I love that it has a waterproof version but then it smudges on me. Also , this has an attitude, there are days it choose not to behave and just ruin my lashes

on 1/27/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I judge a mascara in the following ways:

1. Lengthening: it doesn't give you 'dramatic' length but you'll see a significant increase in length.
2. Volumising: it's ok - makes my lashes thicker but I personally don't think the result is significant enough. If you're looking for ultimate increase in thickness just invest in false lashes.
3. Smudge?: mine is not waterproof, but it stays on long enough given that I don't use eye primer and use eye cream. When I take it off I gently massage my eyes with cold cream remover.. about 30 seconds all mascara melts. Proves how uneasy for it to smudge on me.
4. Wand: the unique shape makes applications at the corners of the eyes easier. But to me it still puts a bit too much on my bottom lashes. For finer applications on the bottom lashes use mini brushes that are made to cleanse the gaps of your teeth - they separate bottom lashes very well and prevent clumps.
5. Formula: relatively dry, I'd not use it as a build-up mascara. Suitable for relatively thin lashes.
6. Clump? It doesn't clump if the amount of product on the wand is sufficient for your lashes. In one go I apply mascara on upper and bottom lashes of both of my eyes --> NO CLUMPS!
7. Flake? It doesn't flake - before it dries. If you apply on a dry coat you'll get minor flaking issues.
8. Packaging: CUTE!

Overall I'd say it gives a natural finish suitable for day time purposes with one coat and separated, longer and a-little-thicker lashes. With 2 or even 3 coats you're ready to hit the nights! For an absolute voluptuous look opt for false lashes - this mascara blends in very well with false eyelashes. Lashes are spread beautifully and evenly; and they are stayed in that way (inc the curls) unless you rub your eyes. Suitable for contact lenses wearers, I believe, as my eyes do not get irritated with this mascara. The price is reasonable, but still a bit costly for drugstore product

on 1/10/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used a lot of mascaras, and this is the best I've ever used. It doesn't clump and it stretches my lashes out SO long!! Amazing mascara. A bit on the pricey side for a drug store mascara but well worth every penny.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was trying to find a drugstore alternative to Lancome Definicils (my favourite, but pricey at $31CDN). I read some reviews online that this was a close match, so I purchased it for $10CDN (not on sale).

I generally look for a mascara to pump up my lashes just a little bit (no delusions about how far a mascara can stretch my tiny lashes), in a formula that doesn't smudge (my skin around the eyes can get a little oily throughout the day), and a brush that small enough to get all of my short fine lashes without getting on my eyelid (that means no thick, giant brushes).

This formula is pretty good, it doesn't get flakey or stiff. My lashes still feel soft after application. It doesn't smudge throughout the day. I had really high hopes for the brush, because that's primarily what I liked about Definicils. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work for me. The wand has both short and long bristles, which I thought would help comb through my lashes, but unfortunately, I feel like the bristles are too sparse, and while trying to get more mascara on my lashes, I would have to get my lashes closer to the shorter bristles, but that meant the longer bristles would brush against my eyelid. I then tried the wiggle method, but my lashes just stuck together, and the long bristles were too sparse to adequately comb out the clumps.

In the end, the effect was fine, and I used this for a few weeks. However, I wouldn't repurchase, because it seemed like a lot of work to get a pretty average-looking lashes. Perhaps this would work better for someone with longer lashes, where the eyelid thing wouldn't be an issue. And yes, there is a distinct... floral/powder fragrance.

on 12/31/2014 11:19:00 AM

I just don't understand this line of mascara. I absolutely fell in love with the volumptuous version but they discontinued it. The regular version does nothing for me though. I don't know if it's the formula or the wand but I just don't get great results from this one. I really wish I had kept my volumptuous wand to try with this version. It's just ok, no great length or volume or any real WOW factor. I won't buy this again.

on 12/18/2014 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I think I can call off the drugstore mascara search for a while. I first tried this mascara around 2008/2009 - whenever it first came out and initially I wasn't impressed b/cof two major issues at the time.The smell was my #1 issue - very strong, chemical odor. #2 - spider legs. Fast forward to last week when I entertained this mascara again. Through the years I have purchased every single mascara out there from drugstore to D&G & Guerlain, Smashbox, etc etc. This mascara still smells awful BUT it gives me a little of all the higher end mascaras rolled into one. The length is amazing, no clumps, it DOES give volume (wiggle the brush from side to side a little). I actually love the brush too, it's long and skinny and has bristles (I have a love/hate relationship with certain plastic wands). It's intense black, great for night but if you go light, it's good for day. It's cheapish for drusgstore and obviously available anywhere. Definintely my favorite drugstore mascara out there right now. My HG "mid/higher-ish" is CK One w/the adjustable PLASTIC wand (I know, you probably hate it). So if you want a lot of length, some volume and don't have a Sephora right next door, try this. PS - I hate waterproof mascaras so I can't speak on that version.

on 12/18/2014 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Mascara gives you length its okay

Popular Mascaras