July 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Andraia

I do love this primer for what it can do, but I hate the price and the packaging.

This primer works wonders for my skin and while has a strange feel when putting it on, dries quickly and definitely gives a smooth base for the rest of my make up.

Not 100% in oil control but I haven't found anything that is. The price though is a bit ridiculous, I'm currently using a sample and it's pretty pricey, I don't know if I would splurge on a full bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Due to medication, I have ridiculously oily skin and as such am probably more interested in products to keep make-up looking nice than the make-up itself.

This is the first high-end primer Iíve tried (other than MAC, if that counts as high-end) and whilst it better than any other primer Iíve used, Iím not sure if it lives up to the hype. I donít have any issues with white cast (but I am extremely pale anyway) and do love the finish it gives even without makeup on top. However, while my makeup definitely applies better when I use it, and its particularly good over my Nivea Dry-touch sunscreen, I still get very oily quite quickly and still have difficulties getting my makeup to stay on my face. I also donít find it as good as the very silicone-y slippery feelings ones in my under-eye region and prefer The Body Shopís Matte It to go under my dark-circle concealing makeup. For the rest of my face I use the Hourglass primer.

Despite the ridiculous price-tag I probably would buy again if I canít find anything better, as I do prefer it to anything else Iíve tried, but I wish it was better at oil control. I've also had issues with it separating in the bottle, which is fixable by taking the pump off and giving it a stir, but not really what youíve expect for such an expensive product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did hit 'yes I would repurchase' but really MUA needs a 'maybe' option. It's OK. I do love that you can buy a smaller bottle for $18 and let me say after 2 weeks of daily use I haven't made a noticeable dent in that bottle, so it should last quite awhile. 1-2 pumps covers my face just fine. It's white, which scared me at first, and even has a hint of translucent blue to it, like a really bright neon HD white I guess. It blends well and dries quickly. There does not seem to be a color correcting property to it. After it's dry I apply my makeup as normal and I do think it helps but I also generally use EL DW foundation, a setting spray by UD, and a finishing powder by either Hourglass or Guerlain, so I didn't get much of a noticeable difference in how long my makeup lasted. It didn't seem to minimize pores but my foundation did go on smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by OnePerfectPicture

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok a bit pricey.. but works like a charm. Wow! My foundation goes on better & lasts longer. Have tried others but they haven't performed like this one. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by shinjukuchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's the best primer I have ever used and there's no way anything could be better. It completely covers my pores, keeps my foundation in place and my blush stays on way longer, and on top of it all it's weightless, it feels light and silky on my face. Looooveeee!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

holy grail primer, hands down, no questions asked. the formula is so silky and makes my foundation look as flawless as beyonce. i apply this and wait a good ten minutes before applying foundation just to make sure nothing slips around. it costs an arm and a leg but if you use sparingly in only the areas that you really need it it can easily last you a few months. 10/10 would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Asianlily

I think as far as primers go, this is as good as it gets. It feels so smooth on the skin and allows foundation to glide on easily. My makeup lasts longer too! Hourglass can do so little wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, it is super smooth and silky feeling without feeling oily. It makes makeup application much smoother and last longer. Although this product is super expensive ($52- 1 ounce), I would re-buy for the rest of my life. A little of this primer goes a very long way and it lasts forever. I have extremely oily skin and the day I started using this primer, I noticed a difference in the wear, and application. Not only does it help with application and longevity of my makeup, it also prevents makeup from getting into my pores and eventually my acne started to decrease.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by lanamakoviy

This is an amazing primer. I have unpredictable skin - sometimes it can get very oily and sometimes it gets dry, however with this primer I am in total control of my skin. It minimizes the pores and leaves no traces of the BB cream and/or foundation I apply afterwards. I love that the consistency is very liquidy and gets matte very quickly. Starts working before I even proceed to putting on makeup. I definitely think that a little goes a long way and if it works for the skin definitely worth the money. I bought the travel size bottle and it lasts for a very long time. Definitely an investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$52 for 1 oz; $72 for 2 oz

The BEST primer out there. That simple. But I won't spend the money. I use samples.