Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 8/25/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

OMGGGGGGGG
love this stuff!
I use this before I spritz my face with the Skindinavia oil control primer spray and it just creates the smoothest base for applying foundation, this stuff helps conceal my HUGE pores and it also contributes to keeping my oil away. It hasn't caused any issues so far whatsoever
It may be a little pricey, but if it works then don't be afraid to spend a little!
Remember you only need to apply not even a pea sized amount, like a tiny weeny bit would be plenty for your whole face so one bottle lasts FOREVS

on 8/21/2015 6:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is my all time favourite holy grail primer. It smooths the skin, minimises redness, reduces shine and makes my makeup last all day. This primer also contains an SPF15 which is good. It has become the primer i use everyday. I have repurchased this at least 3 times now. I know it is really expensive but well worth the cost IMO. They have a 60ml tube which is the most economical and practical, which i would recommend. My favourite base is this paired with the l'oreal lumi magique foundation, which allows me to wear a dewy foundation with out becoming overly shiny.

A staple to my makeup bag when having a full coverage face. My face gets oily within hours. But this, along with my Holika Holika aqua petit jelly bb cream is a winning combo. The application of the veil mineral primer transform my face into a perfect silk canvas and the jelly like bb cream just sinks right in.

I've gone over 10 hours out in the scorching sun without finding a need to blot. Loves how it has SPF as well, although I would never just rely on this primer for sun protection if going out for more 15 mins.

It's on the pricier side, after trying their duo sample which came with the veil primer and primer serum, I purchased their 2oz tube size which is available on sephora's website (I've never seen it in stores before, but I may be wrong). That way, at least you get a better price per oz.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Along with my search for holy grail foundation, I have tried several primers recently. I picked up this one and it's a game changer for me! Love that it has a pump, the primer dispenses watery and white. Smooth on the liquid and if leaves you with a noticeably perfected surface for foundation. For a longevity test, I used my Givenchy Photo Perfection foundation which usually only lasts 6 hours before blotting, and it lasted my 10 hour workday with no touch up at all. I would highly recommended the primer, but deducted a lippie as it's very expensive. I got the travel size for $18.

on 8/11/2015 11:23:00 PM

I'm subtracting two lipsticks because of the price to product quality/outcome effect ratio, and the SPF15 factor claim.

As someone who the sun hates, whenever I see a makeup product advertised as SPF I put some on the back of one hand, and SPF15 sunscreen that has been validated by an organization (i.e. cancer society that tests sunscreens to look at burn prevention).

I was not impressed by Hourglass's SPF15's claim. Needless to say, the primer covered arm burned after 30 mins in direct sunlight IN WINTER in late afternoon.

I dislike exaggerated marketing claims, because makeup companies probably never thought of weirdo customers like me that do tests like that.

However, the primer itself is pretty good. Silky, smooth, less thick than Smashbox's legendary primer (original), and utterly, utterly lightweight. You need to use more if you plan to put on medium-to-heavy coverage foundation wise, but if you're just hoping to have a daily flawless look, a little goes a long way by smoothing bumps and flaws.

I like the formula because my skin doesn't react to it, and it doesn't really clog pores.

Overall, it's a very good primer, just don't trust that it'll protect you from the sun and prevent anti-aging/wrinkling. Also, always get a sample to try because depending on your skin type (I'm combination AND sensitive, sometimes oily, sometimes dry, sometimes both), I would not recommend this for super oily skin. The shine control of this primer is initially good then degrades very rapidly like the value of your brand new iphone you dropped two minutes after opening.

For dry skin, USE MOISTURIZER, wait for it to dry, PUT THIS PRIMER, wait for it to semi-dry, THEN FOUNDATION.

Don't be afraid to use moisturizer. This primer will layer and blend, not just blend with whatever layer is underneath.

Because of the gentle formula (for me at least) I use it as an eyeshadow primer, only I need to apply a lot more layers until it creates a very smooth, almost buttery texture. I put a little (tiny, very sheer layer) over my eyelids then on goes the shadow. The foundation will give the shadow something to hold onto, the primer will smooth your eyelids so nothing creases and there's no lines showing up.

If you have acne, use a liquid bandaid to seal the wound, wait for it to dry, then use this primer. As I said, this layers nicely, and (SHOULDN'T) blend into the layer beneath provided you let it set (but don't let it dry out completely).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have purchased the travel size over and over again and only use the tiniest bit because it is soooo expensive! this is definitely a HG product but it is far too expensive and the pump packaging makes it hard to use up all the product. But it terms of the quality of the primer it is it amazing and perfect for oily skin.

on 7/29/2015 8:25:00 AM

This is a decent primer which smoothes the skin nicely to make foundation go on more easily and make it more longlasting. It has a beautiful silky feel to it and didnīt make me break out. In my opinion, this doesnīt live up to its hefty pricetag though. There was no special effect that I wouldnīt have had with many other primers on the market. It didnīt extend the weartime of my foundation any longer than for example Porefessional Primer by Benefit, and it didnīt mattify or dewify my skin in any special or extraordinary way, so I donīt think it really is worth the price. The packaging became very annoying at the end, I had to scrape out product for quite some time with a Qtip because the pump didnīt reach all the leftover primer in the tube. If that wouldnīt have been the case I would have given it three lippies.

on 7/28/2015 8:22:00 PM

I appreciate the aesthetic of the packaging and the smooth texture. I have combination skin and this does a good job of keeping the makeup on my face. I have used this with various foundations ranging from mid level to high end with the same issues every time. The first issue is that it emphasizes dry patches and then add foundation to that and you've really got emphasis. The second issue is that fine lines in drier areas become quite obvious and "crackly" looking. It feels luxurious with a price tag to match but the overall effect as a primer is just not so.

on 7/28/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I put it at first it did make my skin feel smooth. A few moments later while waiting for it to sink, my skin feels like its back to normal. This did not work for me. It doesnt control oil and doesnt make my makeup last all day. Plus it's very expensive.. I still haven't found the best primer for oily skin.

on 7/17/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hmm not sure why there are bad reviews. I have bought this twice now-full size. Packaging is great and elegant. Now the product is liquidy and white. When I put this one my face (I have normal skin but sometimes in the summer it can be more oily in some areas and shiny) it diminishes the oil and makes my face normal looking again-NOT MATTE. Second when I used to wear foundation, this alongside my makeupforever setting spray would make my foundation last a pretty good amount of time (no foundation ever really lasts and looks good after 8 hours though). Now that I do not wear foundation I just put this on after my lotion and my blush and highlighter and set it with my setting spray and my blush and highlighter stays on from the am till really late at night. I love this product because I usually hate all primers and their either drying( benefits pore less primer is so drying) or silicone consistency. But it's expensive but good for your skin since hourglass is a good brand

Popular Primer/ Correctors