August 1, 2014 | 1647 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by winniel

This is by far the best primer I have used thus far. However, the price for it is a bit ridiculous and I have only purchased a small bottle for $21CAD. I only turn to this when I know I need my makeup to last all day because it is that dependable. I love the feeling of it when it goes on my skin and creating such a smooth and even canvas. But this is definitely an investment and when I run out of the small bottle, I may consider purchasing the bigger size unless something else comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by tanny1

Listen people I have been on the hunt for a good primer for quite a while. I've tried smashbox original and light, benefit porefessional, too faced, etc but THIS hourglass primer kicks them all to the kerb. Its so lightweight my skin gets oily quite a bit but this primer saved my oily skin. It makes your make up look solo impossibly smooth its perfect of course the price is a bummer but just buy the travel size I ain't fishing out 52 quid for nobody. Official HG primer :D

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, am I the only one to find this going mouldy (pink blobs throughout) in less than a year?
I was offered an immediate refund, but still....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Andraia

I do love this primer for what it can do, but I hate the price and the packaging.

This primer works wonders for my skin and while has a strange feel when putting it on, dries quickly and definitely gives a smooth base for the rest of my make up.

Not 100% in oil control but I haven't found anything that is. The price though is a bit ridiculous, I'm currently using a sample and it's pretty pricey, I don't know if I would splurge on a full bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Due to medication, I have ridiculously oily skin and as such am probably more interested in products to keep make-up looking nice than the make-up itself.

This is the first high-end primer Iíve tried (other than MAC, if that counts as high-end) and whilst it better than any other primer Iíve used, Iím not sure if it lives up to the hype. I donít have any issues with white cast (but I am extremely pale anyway) and do love the finish it gives even without makeup on top. However, while my makeup definitely applies better when I use it, and its particularly good over my Nivea Dry-touch sunscreen, I still get very oily quite quickly and still have difficulties getting my makeup to stay on my face. I also donít find it as good as the very silicone-y slippery feelings ones in my under-eye region and prefer The Body Shopís Matte It to go under my dark-circle concealing makeup. For the rest of my face I use the Hourglass primer.

Despite the ridiculous price-tag I probably would buy again if I canít find anything better, as I do prefer it to anything else Iíve tried, but I wish it was better at oil control. I've also had issues with it separating in the bottle, which is fixable by taking the pump off and giving it a stir, but not really what youíve expect for such an expensive product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did hit 'yes I would repurchase' but really MUA needs a 'maybe' option. It's OK. I do love that you can buy a smaller bottle for $18 and let me say after 2 weeks of daily use I haven't made a noticeable dent in that bottle, so it should last quite awhile. 1-2 pumps covers my face just fine. It's white, which scared me at first, and even has a hint of translucent blue to it, like a really bright neon HD white I guess. It blends well and dries quickly. There does not seem to be a color correcting property to it. After it's dry I apply my makeup as normal and I do think it helps but I also generally use EL DW foundation, a setting spray by UD, and a finishing powder by either Hourglass or Guerlain, so I didn't get much of a noticeable difference in how long my makeup lasted. It didn't seem to minimize pores but my foundation did go on smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by OnePerfectPicture

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok a bit pricey.. but works like a charm. Wow! My foundation goes on better & lasts longer. Have tried others but they haven't performed like this one. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by shinjukuchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's the best primer I have ever used and there's no way anything could be better. It completely covers my pores, keeps my foundation in place and my blush stays on way longer, and on top of it all it's weightless, it feels light and silky on my face. Looooveeee!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

holy grail primer, hands down, no questions asked. the formula is so silky and makes my foundation look as flawless as beyonce. i apply this and wait a good ten minutes before applying foundation just to make sure nothing slips around. it costs an arm and a leg but if you use sparingly in only the areas that you really need it it can easily last you a few months. 10/10 would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Asianlily

I think as far as primers go, this is as good as it gets. It feels so smooth on the skin and allows foundation to glide on easily. My makeup lasts longer too! Hourglass can do so little wrong!