April 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Powders - freshMinerals Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on my lunch break a few days ago because I was going on an impromptu date that evening and wanted a little more coverage. Well, first, I could not decipher the names. The have beige and light next to "hollywood" and "showtime". I had no idea if they were all foundations or some high lighters in the same boxes (they said nothing, no description or anything). After about 15 minutes I got showtime, which is the lightest according to the package, nearly snow white (like me). I see nothing about this product on their website...was it discontinued?? Hopefully.
Anyway, I open the package to find that it looks like mud. Wayyyyy too pink, NOT what it looked like on the package, not even close. I tried swirling my brush over it, no go, it took forever to try and get powder onto my face, even with the puff. So it didn't look too dark simply because I couldn't get much on my face.
The coverage was sloppy. I've never had pores SO accentuated, and creases!!! I'm 21 for goodness sake, I don't HAVE creases to fall into!
the shine control was terrible, however it added a nice glow, and luckily it was very dark out so he couldn't see the mess on my face. It wasn't too bad because I put smoothers powder over it to try and make my pores look normal again, it worked but not for too long.
Also by the time I got home I had three zits.
What I did like was the packaging, it was nice. The price wasn't bad at 12 dollars...though it would've been better if the product didn't suck. I'll be returning it.