August 23, 2014 | 971 users online

Pressed Powders - Etude - Baby Skin Veiling Pact

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this compact powder. I admit I bought this because of the packaging (I'm a sucker for cute, ultra-feminine pink packaging) and because it was dirt cheap (I think this was 6000 won, aka around 5 dollars maybe?). The problem is that the shade I got (number 2) looks a bit too peachy on my skin, so I have to blend it well (otherwise, my face looks kind of orange-y).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

When I first saw this cute powder case in the picture of an online seller it looked like a cheap plastic toy. When I finally got it in my hands I realized that the container is actually hard and sturdy with a mirror inside it. The powder itself isn't something special, not great - not bad. I own the light shade, a nice shade for very fair skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ymillie

After reading the review on Lotus Palace's page (on blogspot), I decided to give this a try.
This is a pressed powder that's supposed to give you nice baby-like skin. It has a light baby powder scent to it and it also offers an SPF 22.
So first the pros. This powder is cheap. I got it at the Etude House store for about $11CAD. The packaging is really cute. It's a pink plastic case(for some reason the pink on the cover is slightly darker than the bottmo) and there's a mirror and puff inside. It's a nice compact that could fit in most purses. On the border of the case, it's got sort of a princess look to it with some swirls. That's the best I can describe it =p
The powder works best for me if I pick up a little bit with the puff and pat it on my face. Otherwise it makes my skin look dry and almost flaky. It slightly covers pores and does an OK job of keeping shine at bay.
The staying power is ok. I only touch up once during the day when my face starts getting a bit shiny. I do use an oil blotting sheet before I use the powder. I also keep the plastic divider in the case so the puff doesn't actually touch the powder.
Now onto the cons. This powder only comes in 2 colors. Light beige and natural beige. I chose the darker of the 2 and it's a little bit too light for me. I have to use very minimal powder or else I'll look too pale.
I usually wear glasses when I'm teaching, and I found that at the end of the day, there's some caking on my nose where my glasses touches my face. Not nice at all! But it's not like anyone notices, because this caking is underneth my glasses.
Overall, I think it's a good powder for its price. It keeps away major shine and it has a nice smell to it, but I wouldn't buy it again because it's too light for my skintone.