December 18, 2014 | 1746 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eye Shadow Single - 24K

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

This is a beautiful eyeshadow. It's a very true golden color and has lots of shimmer, making it great for especially glamorous warm eyeshadow combinations. The staying power on this is not the best compared to other Smashbox eyeshadows, in my opinion. It loses its shimmer after a couple hours and tends to look chalky on me by the end of the day. Overall it's still very lovely, though, and I like using it especially if I'm only going out for a short time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by smithar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this colour; didn't even get it as part of the Sephora gift pack, I picked it out, out of the blue long ago, and have never regretted it. The colour is bold and shows up great on my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by thoughtbubble

I got this in a Sephora kit. I like the color. It's a very pretty gold color. It's very pigmented so a little goes a long way. The texture is pretty soft and blends easily. I like everything about it except that I dropped it on carpet and it crumbled :( yeah, I know, I dropped it, my fault but come on, carpet is pretty soft and it broke. I've dropped other shadows on hardwood and they didn't break.

I probably won't repurchase but that's only b/c I have a similar shade made my Milani and it's way cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by makeupblossom

This eyeshadow is highly pigmented, and quite shimmery, which I like. It gives a rich, sandy gold colour, and you only need the tiniest amount on your brush to give your eyes a pop of colour.The packaging is simple, and quite elegant, as well as sturdy. I wouldn't buy it again as I don' think I will ever finish it, and it was expensive at $25.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by brokencitysky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Such a beautiful colour!! I, like most reviewers for this product, got it in a Sephora set (Glitz and Glam or whatever...) and fell in love. The colour is lovely. It really is a 24k gold. It's not yellow, but its warmer than a tradtional gold. It's not a brown-gold, but it compliments my gray eyes beautifully. It's such a pleasure to put on. It's silky, smooth and goes on flawlessly. It holds *almost* all day, but then again, I have very teary eyes (whaat, I yawn alot!!).
The sample I got came in a pressed format, but it started to crumble a bit in the packaging, and is now more of a mineral shadow, which is almost better! Just don't make sure to get too much on your brush, because a little goes a loong way!! Lovely product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ilovethings

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice gold. I have to concur with all the previous reviews before me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by caseybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I originally got this shadow in one of Sephora's holiday kits. (Glitz & Glam, I think?) After swatching, then wearing it out for a night, I was completely hooked. These shadows feel soft and velvety to the touch, and glide on to the eyes. Whenever a friend asks me to recommend an eyeshadow, Smashbox is always the first one I say. I've purchased about five more since getting 24K :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have to agree w/ the first reviewer that the color is a shimmery,golden gold...not yellow but more like a sunrise. the color is beautiful and the texture is so smooth and pigmented. awesome quality. i got mine from the sephora favorites glitz & glam that my friend gave me for xmas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is quite beautiful. Lately, I haven't been interested in anything but my beloved NARS (with exception of the spiced chocolate quad from MAC). My fav NARS makeup artist left Neimans and went to Nordstroms which does not have a NARS counter, much to my dismay. So she switched over to Smashbox. I was dissappointed. She knew her NARS to a T, much more than the Sephora MA's who are clueless most of the time. I really think they carry too many lines and are not trained enough to know any of them well. I mean come on, how do you NOT know that Turkish Delight is a Lip Gloss??

Sorry to go off on a tangent, I will get back to the business of reviewing this color.. This eyeshadow has a lovely buttery smooth quality. This is a golden gold whereas UD's Honey or NARS Goldfinger are more of a yellow gold. I have found this color looks amazing paired with the MAC Spiced Chocolate quad where I found Nanogold lacking. Its higly pigmented so this will last forever I am sure. I like the rubberized packaging but I do not like the screwtop. I don't enjoy taking the extra time to unscrew and then in my morning rush have to find the lid to put back on again. I would buy this again but doubt I will ever need too.