Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

4.1

active ingredients: Octinoxate, Oxybenzone. Other ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis

on 3/13/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

In comparison to the Carmex in the pot, this is much less strong and to me feels like a mixture of Carmex in the pot and Vaseline. Unfortunately, it also wore off incredibly fast and I would need to reapply every 30 minutes (more frequently than the pot version) or else the skin on my lips would start to peel. I had the clear one and I think the smell was supposed to be vanilla, but mixed in with the regular Carmex smell made for a weird combination.

I did appreciate the slant tip applicator and slimline tube, but of course this type of packaging does have less product in it (.075 oz whereas the standard lip balm tube has .15 oz and the Carmex in the pot version has .25 oz) so it's not the best deal out there.

Overall, this really didn't do much for my lips and only seemed to make them worse. I didn't have the best experience with the original Carmex in the pot, but this one was definitely worse.

on 3/1/2015 3:50:00 PM

Love this stuff. Bought it a while ago because it was dirt cheap (maybe less than $1 a tube), had SPF, and was in a cute/sleek lipstick package. If this is how the Carmex in the pot feels like, I can totally see why people have an addiction to it. The camphor/menthol smell is strong and cooling; I know it can be irritating to some, but even when my lips were flaky and bleeding, it did not hurt. The balm is slick, soft, and thick. It has an average lasting power (3 hrs, give or take). I think it is a little too slick to be good under lipstick, but you can easily blot most of it off so lipcolor lasts longer.

on 2/19/2015 2:23:00 PM

I absolutely love Carmex, the original little yellow pot is my go to lip balm & will be forever. But when I saw they had brought out a Carmex with a tint to it I had to buy it to see how it is. Although it's been out a while now I noticed it was on offer & thought I'd bite the bullet and go for it. I have the 'Berry Tint' & find it amazing! Being it tint it doesn't have amazing pigmentation to it but I like that when I just want a subtle day. I will most definitely be buying it again:)!

on 1/3/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Carmex original so I bought this thinking it was the same. It's not. I like the packaging and the scent. I love how it glides on your lips like butter. What I hate about it and the reason I won't buy it again is the staying power. I need to apply this every 10 mins. Once I apply it it's like my lips go dry right after. With regular Carmex I can go at least an hour without re applying. I was disappointed with this product

on 8/12/2014 7:29:00 AM

I love this lipbalm. It's smooth and moisturising and absorbs into my chapped lips rather than just sitting on top. I have the tinted version in peach and it's a lovely subtle colour for those days where I don't feel like wearing lipstick.

on 5/13/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like it a lot!
It's very moisturizing, the only thing is that, IMO, it has a medicated smell and the amount that comes in the packaging is not too much, i ended mine in less than a month using almos everyday....
The medicated smell it's not too strong, but it has... My husband tought that too...
But that doesn't bother me, it's just something that i would improve, if that was possible.
It is one of the best lip balm that i 've ever had.
It doesn't have any taste, but my lips feel a little bit minted (less than the carmex tube), which i like.
I use it everytime but mostly before sleep, when i Wake i'm still with a layer of it on my lips.
Definetly recommend.

on 2/2/2014 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my go to balm. I have the adorable cheetah print one and I take it everywhere. It's long lasting and you can feel the relief immediately. My lips get horribly chapped in winter, but since I've found this product, I've suffered much less.

best lipbalm ever. definently my new holy grail. my burts bees used to be my hg but it started dry out my lips. i found this and couldnt resist the cheetah print packaging. omg im so in love. this hydrates my lips so well. also has a vanilla scent. very awesome.

on 12/8/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is brilliant stuff. Sorted out my really dry lips within a couple of days, can't quite believe it, as my lips are pretty much constantly dry, nothing has made them feel as soft as this stuff has! Feels lovely on, really moisturising and it smells gorgeous (vanilla)

on 4/10/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I could not possibly love this product any more! I am addicted to lip gloss, and this is the perfect shade (I use pink), moisture, application, and with SPF to boot! I can't seem to find the colors in store anymore, and I'm really hoping I can find them online. This is my HG gloss!

Popular Lip Treatments