October 25, 2014 | 1967 users online

Moisturizers - Simple - Oil Balancing Moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Emsabells

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Nice moisturiser. I don't have very oily skin, just an oily t-zone, and it has helped balance some of my oils. Not completely, but has definitely helped. It's also a good moisturiser on my cheeks, which are normal. My skin always feels nice and soft after this product, I would definitely consider repurchasing, as it's one of the only good budget moisturisers for oilier skin. As it's from Simple, it's uncoloured and has no scent, and it didn't break me out. Packaging is OK, I wish they'd but it in the same packaging as their hydrating light moisturiser, but nevermind. Overall, a really good moisturiser!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by monka191

Simple is a good company, what i like about their products is that none of them basically have any smell. My skin is very sensitive to perfumes added in cosmetics. This moisturiser is all right. Sometimes i need to add something extra to moisturise my skin properly. It does not regulate oil production, but up to couple of hours after application,skin is not that oily as it normally was. I wouldnt use it if my skin was dry. The only downside of this product is the quantity. U get very little, but then again all simple products are finishing fast. I really love simple oil balancing scrub... What a pity it doesnt last for long.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by arleneleow

This moisturizer is okay. It has a little less product in it and it only lasted me for a while. I believe the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturizer has more product in it.

Anyway, this moisturizer worked a little. I have combination skin. I still get oily around my nose but its less compared to the moisturizer I mentioned earlier. The rest of my T-zone didn't get oily, or only a little if it did. Its pretty good at reducing the oil.

When this moisturizer is absorbed into my skin, I touched my face and it feels like it doesn't have moisturizer on it at all (Don't know if that's a good or bad thing). So overall, this moisturizer has less product than usual, good at reducing oil, doesn't feel like you have moisturizer on at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by IamnotWhatIam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have recently started using this product in hopes of finding a good moisturiser that decreased oil production. It doesn't smell like anything and is fairly light on the skin. However, after a few hours of using it I am still a little shiny and oily but not as much as my previous moisturisers have made me. I have also started breaking out a little, mainly on my forehead, since using this product but I've also been using a new cleanser so the moisturiser may not be the product to blame for that. Overall, it does help with controlling oil production but only to an extent. Usually by the end of the day I still have a very oily fringe and I have to use at least 2 oil blotting sheets which is a little bit better than I had to previously as I needed 3 sheets before.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

I really dislike this moisturizer with a passion. I thought I would give it a try since at the time I was trying another Simple product and it did not met my expectations. It claims to balance your oil, COMPLETE LIES! At first it did, but then within an hour my face was already turning oily. It did moisturize my skin I guess, so I'll give it that, but overall my face was one shiny mess at the end of the day. I even tried applying less to see if that did the tick and nope still oily. I even tried patting it on my face and nope, OILY! Don't waste your money on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by BiancaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have super oily skin, my entire face would produce enough oil to deep fry chips!
I had rarely used a facial moisturiser in fear that it would produce more oil, give me breakouts or even just irritate my skin. On a random whim at Priceline I decided to give this product a shot. Since I started using it my face is sooo lovely and soft! No irritation at all, absorbs as soon as it hits your skin, you only need a tiny amount to cover your whole face so for the price its a bargain! Combined with other products my oily skin has reduced (minus my T-zone after a couple of hours, I'm not sure there's a miracle cure for that!)
I will keep buying this product because with the price, oil reduction and silky softness you really can't go wrong.
It also doesn't cause breakouts! My skin is prone to whiteheads, blackheads, regular acne and cyctic acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by indigocrystal88

i do use simple's deep cleansing facial wash and toner. but i would not recommend using this moisturiser.

it does feel dry to the touch when i tested on my hand before buying. but it does make my skin feel suffocated and did cause a little bit of clogged pores. my skin also looks dull, and not hydrated from usage.

it may have suited those with dry skin, but not if you have combi skin and live in hot tropical area.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by tonij1993

This product has very mixed reviews however I simple LOVE this product. For me, it does exactly what it says it does - balances the oil in my skin. I am unfortunate to suffer from oily skin so this works wonders, I use it every day after cleansing and toning and keeps any oil at bay. I think for the quantity that the bottle contains it is a little pricey but used in small quantities, it lasts a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by irf7

This product is OK. Just OK. It does moisturize but it dosn't control oil. I've been breaking out a lot recently since I bought this product 2 weeks ago. I doubt it is this product that made me break out but I'm going to stop using it for a while a see if my skin clears up without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by chlooedaaisy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an OK product. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now.
I use it mostly before I go to bed after my normal skincare routine. However, I mostly find that my skin is still oily and I haven't noticed any difference in the oily control/balancing thing.

Despite this, what I will say is that it is a good MOISTURIZER for oily skin. It doesn't make me any more oily than I would otherwise be, and it makes my skin lovely and smooth. When I'm having a bad skin day, I apply it before foundation in the morning and it makes my skin soft, smooth and oil free (so a great base). It doesn't control oil throughout the day though.

Overall, I think I would purchase this again. It is great for keeping oily skin soft and smooth, but not great at oil control. It didn't break me out (although I do break out alot around the 'special time of the month') and it didn't make my existing pimples any worse.