October 25, 2014 | 1948 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Earth Therapeutics - Quick Dry Hair Towel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Earth Therapeutics Quick Dry Hair Turban from Ulta retails for $12.99, but I got $3.50 off $10 purchase w/ a coupon. There is the towel that looks like a standard towel, and turban - this review is for the turban style with button closure. Just so there is no confusion:)

I would definately repurchase, this towel is thirsty! I could tell a difference after the first time using it and I feel the price is much better than buying blow dry sprays that promise to cut down drying time. If you are curious if this will work for you, here are some more details below about my hair. WARNING - long review.

I have med/long, mixed texture hair. I am not one of those that can just air dry, my hair needs something done to it or I look crazy. I washed and conditioned as usual, used my Tangle Teaser while still in the shower, squeezed excess water out and did a quick squeeze with my bath towel. This is the part where I normally wait it out as long as possible air drying. Instead, I place my hair into the turban, buttoned it up and chilled out. I'm always the one with the "big head" in photos so I feel the need to address the fit as I see a few others had issues - I had no problem getting my head into this turban and had ample space for my hair too. I didn't feel discomfort while wearing and never did need to readjust.

First impression was that this beats the alternative of using a regular towel. My hair is too long for a small towel, but a larger towel is ackward to wear, can feel heavy and doesn't actually "absorb" water. I actually felt the turban sop up the excess water off my hair! The first time I used it, I just used it to speed up my natural drying. It was comfortable to wear and unlike a bath towel turban I was able to wear this while getting myself ready with no problem. It was like wearing a ball cap, it wasn't noticeable. The second time came the true test, I intended to blow dry and style my hair.

I use a 2" metal round brush and my trusty Revlon dryer (I believe I've reviewed it as well). I noticed my hair was equally and evenly damp all over and this is a HUGE PLUS - my hair drying unevenly is a big problem since my layers underneath tend to be too wet and I tire of drying (I have carpal tunnel), when the top layers dry too fast I end up overheating them and inviting frizz. NO BUENO:( I left the towel on around 15-20 mins and began my drying routine without any additional product and I was able to get an *almost* salon result. Once I started drying I was able to put my round brush in and immediately aim my nozzle down and at most go over it *quickly* at most 2-3 runs! (I just want to add that at the end of each blow dry session I use cold setting to seal my style). My hair is still laying right almost 2 days later without any touch ups!

I love when I find something that works, I will not be without this towel! I plan to re-purchase so that I can have one for when I travel, and get back ups just in case! I agonized over whether I should try this and now I can't think of the last time a product made me so happy. It is more cost effective than using additional hair product and if you are like me and dislike walking around wet headed this product will save you so much time and grief getting that salon look blowout wihtout hair damage, tired hands/wrists and also no sweating under a hot hair dryer forever right after your shower!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I bought this for around 12 dollars at Kohl's. A clean efficient way to dry your hair without using heat. This dries my hair more efficiently than a conventional bath towel by far. I am going to buy more of these so I can rotate them.
My only issue with this is the size- they are JUST too small to make a turban that will hold. So I'm constantly trying to keep it on while it's on my head. I realize they do make a 'turban' style towel of this variety so I might try that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i was curious about microfiber towels because i try my best not to blowdry my hair before i go to bed...so i wanted to get a towel that will dry my hair quick....this fabric is called "angel-tex"...supposedly the fibers are much finer than conventional microfiber..my hair is pretty long...past my waist....i squeezed it using the towel and left the towel on my head and watched tv for maybe 20 minutes...when i took the towel out...it was about 80-85% dry...i was shocked coz it usually takes about 2 hrs with a regular towel for my hair to dry....its a lil pricey...around $16 at ulta...but im very happy with it...my only gripe is i wish i bought the turban instead....the towel is not long length-wise for me....like i said, i have hair past my waist...so when i try to make this towel "turban-like"...a few inches of my hair are still hanging out in the ends...havent tried AQUIS yet so i cant really compare...