April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Tools - Urban Decay - Grind House (sharpener)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best sharpener I've ever tried. Sharpens the UD 24/7 pencils very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mine doesn't have the clear top like the picture, the whole thing is the standard UD purple, with UD Grindhouse written in silver lettering, with the standard two wholes (small and large). I really like this sharpener, I personally think it works better than any other sharpener I've tried. I've used all different brands of eyeliner, pencil lipsticks, and lip liner in it, and it works well for all of them. The purple top stays on really nice, but comes off when you need it to. My favorite part of this sharpener, is the little pick it comes with inside, and the slot that you can keep it in! It's so convenient to have it right there for when you need to clean out the shavings. I think it's worth the money to invest in this sharpener. I'm sure I'll have it for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's true; it works. This sharpener sharpens wooden pencils with almost no effort at all. The plastic pencils are more of a challenge. I don't think I'll ever get a perfect point on my Urban Decay 24/7, but it works if you sharpen SLOWLY. I think that's the key. Note: I was using a dollar sharpener before, and it tried to eat my 24/7. So, $10 seemed pricey for a sharpener, but--really--how many years will pass before I decide I need a new one. I had the dollar cheapo longer than I had my kids, so the Grind House is a good deal. Just buy it; it will only hurt for a second.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an OK product, nothing to brag about. I already had a sharpener but it didn't work for the UD lip super saturated high gloss lip pencils, so I bought this. It does sharpen, of course, but I don't like that there is nowhere to house the shavings in. You essentially have to sharpen over a trash can to get rid of the shavings and that's not always ideal. You can find another sharpener for much less that does the same job (and has room for shavings).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

I liked this product when I first purchased it. It worked great on pencils, there was definately less waste on my makeup pencils. Then I found the essence sharpener! This works the exact same, comes in a variety of cute colors unlike Urban Decay which only do purple. Also there a stick of plastic when you remove the top plastic covering on both brands - the stick on the Urban Decay is loose and keeps falling out everywhere. For the price of 8 euro you would think this would be perfect...get the essence one for 1.29 euro...and get a few back ups :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably the worst sharpener I've ever used. It doesn't provide a smooth edge for the wood/plastic on my makeup products and it eats away at my eyeliner/concealer. I read good things about this but I was extremely disappointed when I used mine and I can't return it. I've used it on more than one occasion. The amount of actual makeup it wastes is ridiculous. I use my ELF sharpener on the pencil and it works way better than UD's! Will not purchase again, and as much as I love the concealer stick by UD, I will have to sacrifice not purchasing THAT again, either, due to the fact that UD's Grindhouse is the only one I've seen with a hole that big.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by nostalgicbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this after reading all the rave reviews. It now resides in the bottom of a makeup drawer Was not impressed. It consistently gives my eyeliner pencils an incomplete shave. I've long abandoned it in favor of the round, metal and considerably cheaper no-name sharpeners offered by Sally's (which always give a smooth, complete shave).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think I'd care about a sharpener before. But I love my Grindhouse sharpener! It works so well and the clean-up is easy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by bcbrosemer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good sharpener. It works well on 24/7 liners, and not many do. BUT, I returned mine and won't repurchase because its too expensive. I noticed the blade on this is stamped "Made in Germany" , and it has a little logo on it that looks like a crown or something. I saw this same stamp/logo on the Maybelline Expert Tools duo sharpener, so I picked that one up. Works just as well, for less than half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by NewFoundLuv4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far, the best sharpener I have ever used!! A little on the pricey side, but totally worth the money! I paid around $10 for it at Ulta. Amazing product. Any other sharpener breaks eyeliners, lip liners, basically every kind of liner. It looks a lot different now than the above pictures. The only downfall is that the top isn't totally secure. When I carry it around in my makeup bag it tends to open thus leaving a mess. Other than that, amazing!