September 30, 2014 | 1995 users online

Polishes - OPI - Louvre Me Louvre Me Not

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color is a lot darker in pictures than in real life. The polish is a bit thin, so the first coat looks more pink than purple, so you have to do two coats to get a good purple. The result is a pretty medium purple shade. It wasn't the color I was expecting, but it is pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A medium dark, warm, plummy purple with a very subtle shimmer. In the bottle, you can see a very distinct purple fuchsia shimmer, but on the nails, the shimmer is only visible in certain specific kinds of light, and mostly acts to provide some depth and interest.

Application is fine, and I got acceptable opacity in two coats. Wear is fine, no complaints about unusual chipping.

Very pretty colour, and it will probably become one of my favourite purples. Very flattering to my cool, pale complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Dark shimmery beautiful purple - not "vampy" at all. Would go well with any skin color. Super fun. Opaque with two coats. A winner!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

In the bottle, this color looks like a deep, rich purple. When I put it on, it looked very light and streaky. It started chipping the day after I put it on. I will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this shade for fall right now as it is dark but not "vampy". It does lean towards a cool tone but still suprisingly works well with my warm skin. I do not own anything like it. Fomula is opaque with 2 coats.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

Great purple!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by babydollnot4u

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great dark shimmery plummy color without being too dark or too light! I love this color for the fall time! Lasts about five days without chipping, althought it does stain nails a bit.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loved this color and decided to try it out while getting a pedicure at a salon. Was very pleased until I removed it. This crap stained my nails, even though the lady at the salon applied a base coat beforehand. To make it even funnier, the stain was ORANGE, not purple. It was also a PITA to get out, I had to buy a nail whitening kit (helped a bit) and then buff, or be left with no option of wearing sheers for a couple of months.

I still adore the color, so I hope I just got a bad bottle or something. I'd really like to wear it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been on a search for a purple polish to wear on my toes forever. Most of the polishes are too dark (black), or too pinkish purple. Lourve Me Louvre Me Not is a very pretty purple (not too dark or black), and it has just the right amount of shimmer and sheen. Most dark nail polishes always take three coats to eliminate streaks, and LMLMN was the same. This color is perfect for sandals year round in So CA. It's very pretty and even my DH liked it and he is not a fan of dark nail polish.

I was in my early 30's when the Vamp craze broke out and I worked for a major fashion company in NYC that would not allow us to wear it. So, I never acquired a taste for what I considered the "vampire" look. No offense to anyone who likes to wear these colors. I think LMLMN is my new purple, and the search if finally over...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is a staple for me, especially in the spring and fall. LMLMN is a lush, deep plum with noticable pink and blue micro glitter. The micro glitter really sets this color apart from other plum polishes I own. It has a hawaiian orchid kind of feel to it. This is one of those colors that I truly think works year round (and I'm someone who likes to switch up my polish by the season). The formula is pretty good, although it does take three coats to get it totally opaque, which is unusual for OPI. LMLMN is one of my all time favorite colors and I would most definitely repurchase if I ever run out.