December 18, 2014 | 1605 users online

Conditioner - Redken - Real Control

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

Over all this conditioner did make my hair soft, but it doesnt control my frizz much at all. It smells ok. It takes quite a few pumps to coat my hair. For the price I think Ill find something else that hopefully works better to work at my cray cray friz.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by sbrudenell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love This conditioner !!!!!
I'd been using the redken extreme conditioner (which i think is good) on my slightly dry/normal hair with chemical damaged (bleaching) ends and thought i would try something else. I'm so glad I did because i like this even more than the redken extreme. It left my hair soft, shiny, even stronger feeling, works well on my damage too. It really just left my hair in optimal form. I havnt tried the shampoo but i am interested in it even though i have heard some negative reviews (heard good ones too though. I going to try the all soft redken shampoo in conjunction with this as I have heard really great things about that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This conditioner is very average. The drugstore offers plenty of comparable products at a fraction of the price. Don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My stylist recommended this conditioner for my thick, coarse, naturally curly, dry, long hair. She said it combined all the best things of Redkenís All Soft, Extreme, and Smooth Down lines. I really loved that although this conditioner is thick in my hands, it spreads throughout my hair very well. It smells pleasant, and conditions very well without weighing down my curls. The only downside is the cost. Iíve tried a lot of drugstore brand conditioners, but wasnít finding anything that came close to Real Control, until I tried John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Hydrating Conditioner, and now Iíll never go back. John Frieda is much cheaper, the formula is richer, creamier and smooths down frizz and shapes my curls better than Redken.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I switched from All Soft to Real Control at the advice of my hairdresser, after getting heavy blonde highlights woven through my hair. I have VERY thick, voluminous, bra-strap length hair that is between curly and wavy. I also heat process it quite a bit.

Real Control moisturizes my hair well and it has kept split ends at bay. It doesn't detangle my hair perfectly, but I have a lot of hair so that's to be expected. I like the scent. Doesn't weigh my hair down at all. No complaints! I'll keep using.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I already did a review for the matching shampoo. The conditioner isn't any better. This also made my thick, wavy, coarse/dry hair feel yucky.
I am one that likes to use the matching shampoo and conditioner from the same brand. Redken made the shampoo and conditioner in different size bottles, which I think should be the same size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This possibly has to be the greatest conditioner ever (with or without combined to the shampoo, ive had experience with both). I have very long, medium hair in a huge amount, I have so much hair I could make 3 wigs-it is very voluminous and naturally wavy. Never dyed, dark brown.
Light texture really hydrates my hair and doesn't leave a 'silicone' feeling when rinsed out. It doesn't weigh down my hair, so by the second day, my hair is still bouncy and doesn't make me produce more oils (like some shampoos and conditioners can do).
It does need to be left in the hair for about 3-5 minutes before rinsed out. I don't need to use other hair treatments with this if I chose not to.
Smells good, very pleasant chemical smell. normal plastic bottle with flip top lid.
It is a very expensive conditioner in Australia, at about $21 for 250ml. I was lucky enough to buy a 1L bottle in the US for $28. Cheering!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mirthaqqq

Hands down this is the best conditioner for my hair out there. I have a lot of hair, but it is fine, tangly, dry, sensitized... In other words without proper conditioner it is a frizzy mess. I tried all the brand names and drug store stuff, and nothing seemed to work. Dove came close, but this is the real winner. I will re-purchase, absolutely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this for free and I'm so glad I did! I think I would've never bought this or anything else from Real Control -range but now...

This is hands down the BEST conditioner I've ever tried! First time I left this on for maybe 10 minutes and when I washed it... My hair has never been that soft! I had given up the hope of ever finding a deasant conditioner, treatments are a different story. My hair is so dry that conditioners never do much anything so I use treatments as conditioner also.

I was still a bit sceptic after the first try and next time left the conditioner on for only arounf 5 minutes (that's my usual time for conditioner) and again super soft hair! So ladies, this really WORKS!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Redken products, they are pretty much the only hair products I use but I wasn't impressed with this conditioner. I figured I'd give it a shot since I only relax my hair 2 or 3 times a year and it seemed like it would be great for managing my super tight 3C coils, kinks, and curls in between.

It was mediocre at best.

It smells great and is quite thick, and it did make my hair way less frizzy and soft and pretty easy to comb through but my hair felt stripped and stiff afterwards. I used the whole bottle, thinking maybe I needed to give it time but after about 2 months and no significant change in my hair other than looking dull, I decided this will not be a repurchase.