October 25, 2014 | 1649 users online

Lip Treatments - Badger - Vanilla Madagascar

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this! I have been using the Weleda Everon Lip Balm (HG, people!) but after returning to the states, it's much harder to come by. Since it has a light vanilla-rose scent, I figured that the best thing to replace it would be a natural vanilla-scented lip balm, right? Wrong. The Badger Balm has an oily, melty consistency (kind of like rubbing olive oil on your lips) and a REALLY strong vanilla scent. I really prefer a creamy, lightly-scented balm for my very dry lips. I know lots of people love Badger, but it's too greasy and melty for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by butterflyeffect123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love, love, love this lipbalm! I've been looking for a great lipbalm that doesn't actually make my lips drier in the long-term and this one fits the bill! PLUS it is made with organic ingredients and no petroleum or other stuff like that (petroleum really dries out my lips).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by sparkleandshine79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! This is my all time favorite lip balm. I've tried all of the different ones they make, but for me this takes the cake. I've said if I was stranded on an island I want this lip balm & their healing balm for sure. I <3 Badger!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

I bought this after having great results with Badger's Cocoa Butter balms (which are my HGs). I find that it is more creamy than the cocoa butter ones, also more oily, and less long lasting. It hydrates and protects my lips very well and the smaller packaging is very convenient--although prone to being tossed and lost. I like this balm a lot and I will definitely repurchase once I am done.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by JennlovesRob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've heard alot of great things about Badger products, plus I use their sleep balm nightly, which is fantastic, so I thought I'd try their lipbalms. From the name of this, I thought I would like it, since I love vanillas, but their is a bit of a weird smell to this, not light the yummy vanilla scents I'm used too. So scent wise, this didn't work for me. The formula was a bit of a let down for me as well. While not terrible, this just didn't seem to soften up my lips very much. It coated them, but never felt like it was truley doing any good. My lips were quite dry all while using this, but I used it all, so as not to waste it, but I didn't see any improvements at all, so I wouldn't buy this again, but that won't stop me from trying their other products out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by dcb409

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perhaps I just got a bad stick, but I found this horrible both scent and quality wise. First of all, this smells like straight up olive oil and nothing like vanilla. This was disappointing when I first tried it, but I figured if it was still a quality balm, I could get over it. However, this balm did nothing but dry my lips out! My lips were in pretty good shape when I applied this, but ended up completely dried out and flaky within a few hours of putting this on. I would definitely not buy this again, as it did not deliver in the scent or performance departments.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The vanilla smell is so addictive!! One of the best smelling lip balms I have ever used. It's not as moisturizing as the bigger Badger lip balms but it still works quite well. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by turquoiserose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down my favorite lip balm. I LOVE it! It smells really yummy. It moisturizes really well, and I use it under most of my lipsticks and even some glosses. If you like vanilla you should like this. It's a treat for the lips. Yeah Badger!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Leslie617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! Have been using the Creamy Cocoa cocoa butter balm for a while (which actually does not taste coffee or chocolately at all, it's the yellow one) and I saw this at the Whole Foods by my sister's house. LOVE IT! Just like the one I've been using but smaller, with no cocoa butter. The vanilla is not overpowering like some vanilla balms. If you are really parched, I would try the one with the cocoa butter in it first, I think it soaks in thicker, but if you want a thinner balm and your lips are not already dry, this is GREAT!

Also, if you can, don't waste time and money having this shipped and ordering it online. See if you can find it in your local Whole Foods Market.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by worldwide

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have several of the Badger lip balms, and this is my favorite! The pure vanilla flavor is delightful, and not at all overpowering. I love to use it right before bed. I love that it is all-natural. I have many of the Badger balms, and I feel good using them on myself and my kids. A wonderful company, great customer service, and exceptional products.