April 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Mascara - Blackest Black

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by hollyharlow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is just OK. It does leave a fairly natural look, but it tends to be clumpy, and it gets really dry and irritating if I wear it for more than a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Cynth1a

I love this mascara, I bought one from the dollar tree and Im in love with it!! I have long lashes.. And this mascara makes them look naturally longer and thicker..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom picked this up with a coupon and gave it to me, as normally I would not buy mascaras with "natural" in the name. I have puny, blonde lashes and need something with "lengthening" or "plumping" and this mascara reminded me why - it added some darkness, but no length of volume. In fact, it was so disappointing that I threw it out after a few days because I disliked it so much.

If you're looking for something very natural, this may be a great buy for you. If you're looking for mascara with some oomph, steer clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by smootha

I really liked this mascara. It is a simple product good for everyday use. It doesn't make ginormous lashes but give a nice natural effect. Also doesn't bother your eyes or flake or smudge. Liked the formula and the brush. Hope they don't discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lealorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So upset that I can't find this product anywhere anymore... best mascara I have ever used, and since I wear contacts, this mascara was perfect for me! I just wish I could find this mascara again, but I wonder if its been discontinued... i hope not!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by amycarter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara and will use it again because I am sensitive in the eye area and it is hypoallergenic, but this was othing spectacular. The blackest black was a little too dark. Nothing to complain about though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay so maybe I might be biased, considering I found this at my local dollar tree (The last one, too!) so this only cost me a dollar, so I can understand why somebody who paid full price would be upset about this product, and expect more out. For me this goes on great, layers without clumping, and my lashes look good for a least half the day :P! Not bad for ONE DOLLAR! I can tell that this isn't one of the more popular mascaras, so I am assuming why I found it at Dollar Tree is that it's discontinued. But for me this was a great find, and I have an extremely tight budget, so this is my little miracle. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by XxgeorgixX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thought it was too clumpy and the brush did not catch the eyelashes very well. Currently using lancombe hypnose and compared to that it was like painting my eyelashes with evil hehe xx defo no buy again =(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this mascara was clumpy and not waterproof at all! I had panda eyes around 4 hours later. I think this has been discontinued though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rebonjour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My prized possessions are my eyelashes, so I'm especially picky when it comes to mascara. This product doesn't clump, is perfect at lengthening and volumizing my natural lashes, and doesn't irritate my eyes (this is a huge factor - I'm very used to red eyes from mascara products).

As someone with naturally long lashes, this product is perfect for me. It is an incredibly basic mascara and does everything I want it to without the added pain of sorting through goops or globs. I usually prefer to wet-layer my mascara, blinking on several repeated coats without any time between, as this is what makes my lashes look best. Bare Naturale doesn't cause any issues when I do so, which leaves me happier for it.

I have noticed that the formula dries out faster than most other mascaras I've tried to date. If you don't use mascara on a daily basis, then you'll likely need to replace your product before you're anywhere near using it all. However, the cost of the L'Oreal product is low enough for that not to be an issue.

A perfect basic mascara for people needing something inexpensive, non-irritating, and non-goopy.