October 25, 2014 | 1593 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Never Let Them See You Shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I haven't used this in years, and just saw it on mua and remembered i used to love this face wash! i received it as a gift twice, i tend to purchase cetaphil to cleanse my face and that's it, i probably would not purchase a cleanser just for the hell of it when i already have cetaphil which is good enough. anyway, this has a nice cooling sensation, it's not overdrying, and it makes my combination skin feel nice and refreshed. i don't think i will buy this again, it's a little out of my price range, but who knows?

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

The first few times I used this product, my face felt amazing. (I find the same to be true with a lot of Philosophy's products.) But quickly after, the results weren't the same because I think my skin became accustomed to the ingredients. I enjoyed the cooling sensation and it wasn't an overly abrasive scrub. I would not re-purchase this product because I didn't see any significant results after the first few applications. It's also very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by roxannatheangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I really did not like this product. If you don't have sensitive skin, then it might very well work well for you; however, I had the exact opposite reaction.

I had a problem with this item drying out my skin and turning it red. It did a bad job of removing make-up, and my skin rapidly became oily again within about 30 minutes of my shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this cleanser during the summer months when my skin tends to become oily. It is a good cleanser although it is expensive. My basic skincare is fairly cheap, and I feel okay splurging during the summer on this cleanser. (I tried the scrub and it was no great shakes.) I have to say that this product does what it says which is to control oiliness, especially in the t-zone; and to keep the pores nice and clean. It's a once-a-year expenditure for me and I marked it down for packaging because as I get to the end of the tube, it is annoyingly difficult to s-q-u-e-e-z-z-z-e it out, but nothing's perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a pretty good cleanser for oil prone skin without over drying. It doesnít foam a lot and is very easy to wash off. The effect is squeaky clean but it appears to leave some kind of a film behind. This film appears to be for shine control and is definitely not the oily kind of film. Once your skin dries, you canít feel or see it. The packaging could be a bit better in that it could come in a pump since the product is very solid and is hard to get out even when full. Negligible fragrance and slightly minty feel which is very nice, esp in hot, humid weather. I would recommend it to oily-combination skins.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Sundae1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product has done a good job at reducing oil and blemishes on my face. i love the way it feels on my face, very refreshing and kinda tingly. you don't need very much to distribute across the face. This product has made my skin softer and smoother and has even given it a bit of a natural glow, which i really like. This cleanser is a bit pricy, but i am pretty sure it will last a few months, if not a year.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by tlchoney23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this to help wih my oily acne prone skin. It feels good going on despite the fact that its so thick (can be hard to squeeze out of the tube). It give a good lather and cleans well. Once I rinsed and dried off however, I did not like the way my skin felt. It was like my face had some kind of film on it. Maybe thats the part that keeps the skin matte but I did not like it. I used it a few times then ended up returning it to the store.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by euko

This is a cleanser for oily skin, but different than "on a clear day", which is for REALLY oily skin that is also prone to acne. I have somewhat oily skin. It isn't a bad cleanser at all, but just doesn't prove to be more "OIL FREE" than any other cleanser I've used. It's doesn't do anything else that any other cleanser can't do to prevent the oil. The only time I feel that it DOES is immediately after I use it when my skin feels firm.. temporarily. Another thing is that this doesn't foam like other cleansers would.It is a very subtle foaming and you have to massage it into your skin for about 30 seconds for it to really cleanse thoroughly. Plus, everytime I use this, some sort of DIRT comes off my face(which I guess is good, it's removing dirt) but it definately doesn't feel good. My skin has never done this with other cleansers before. I wouldn't buy this product again, I would just buy some other cleanser that can do what it's supposed to do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a large sample of this which was enough for me to use it 3 times. This is a great cleanser for those people who are combination-oily skin who don't like the Purity but don't qualify as being oily enough to use the On A Clear Day sulfur cleanser (which really is for seriously oily skin).

I didn't use it to try to remove my eye makeup (as I always use a seperate eye makeup remover prior to cleansing) so I can't speak to how well it worked for that. But I did lather it in my eye area and had zero irritation. The product doesn't appear to have any actives in it so I wouldn't say this is really an "acne" cleanser. Face didn't feel stripped after washing it off. Had a really great cooling sensation for several minutes later, which, in the summer time after a hot sticky day would feel great on your face.

If I already didn't have 40 cleansers sitting here to use, this would be one I would actually consider purchasing. I would recommend it.