August 23, 2014 | 1769 users online

Self Tanners - Mary Kay - Subtle Tanning Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Ebovary

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First self tanner that did not make me itch. It does not streak! Follow the directions...I use it everyday...wish it was unscented b!ut the coconut honeysuckle scent is nice...I have a natural looking tan and it is because of this stuff..I shower and shave my legs everyday..apply this lotion...careful with the elbows. knees, and ankles. Just the best I have ever used. Amazing product! Reasonable price...buy 2 at a time so you don t run out. The packaging...squeeze tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom is a Mary Kay consultant so of course I got this for free. I am reviewing this because of my personal opinion, not for my mother's benefit. I have always been afraid to try self tanners because of all of the horror stories I have heard but this being as easy to apply as a daily body lotion made me happy to try it. I have not experienced any streaking or patchiness and the "subtle color" allows this tan to look very natural and bronzed. I however don't believe I'd be wearing anything that shows my back especially since I have acne so I don't think being unable to reach that area to apply this product there would be an issue but just in case I am still on the search for a way to apply this on my back because I believe this to be the perfect natural tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had hit or miss experiences with subtle self tanners, so has no real expectations. I am pleasantly surprised by this. It has a natural color to it and it develops slowly day by day. This also helps me not have obvious missed spots that are hard to fix. I am also pale with a pink/neutral undertone so it doesn't have any orange ish tint.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by southernbellemarykaycom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this self tanner! I am pale, and everything I have tried in the past left me orange. After using for 3 days I have a very natural looking tan, and the best part is it doesn't smell awful like most self tanners! love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Elisabeth91

There are both pros and cons to this product. I am a mary kay independent beauty consultant but I am being honest reviewing this product.
pros-
-the smell is not overwhelming it is like a coconut scent which I love and the smell lingers a bit but that is a good thing because this product smells good.
-it did not rub or peel off like some other tanners that I used although I did use a scrub in the shower before I used this to remove all of the dead skin.
-no streaking or orange color (apply a lotion to knee, elbows, and heels so that the color won't be darker in these areas)
cons-
-you have to apply it every day because it is a gradual tanner I would prefer a type of spray on tanner so that I do not have to apply every day because I always used a scrub before I put it on.
-you have to wait about 10-15 min. after applying to dress so that it wont stain clothes or streak.
-the packaging could be better
-if it were in some sort of spray for easier application and easier to apply to your back in those hard to reach areas.

I probably would buy this product again if I would be consistent and apply the product everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by EmmanuelleM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lotion made my skin orange. After only 3 days, applying it once everyday. I don't know if it's because I'm asian or not, because when I tan in the sun (even with sunscreen, I tan very easily) my skin gets a bit more brown, not even close to orange, each time. I used this lotion on my legs and after only 3 days I saw a vibrant, fake, uneven orange. It was not subtle, because the first 2 days I applied it I didn't see any difference, so I decided to keep using it until I saw a difference. But for anyone else who likes that orange look, the lotion smells really good and it is moisturizing. So, if you're into that orange look, go for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by cocosea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you have never used a self tanning lotion, I would reccomend trying this one out. I have an olive skin tone, and was afraid of turning too orange, but after 4 days I noticed a nice bronze color. I had no streaking at all, and the lotion smells very good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by perfectface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easy to apply with no streaking at all. Moisturizes skin nicely. Color is a little light so I use another self tanner to darken the color. Would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by azianbeauty

I saw it in the catalog when it first came out and had to try it. What I got? Dissapointment.... It didn't do anything for me at all!! I used it for about 2 weeks and there was no change in my skin tone whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by epizur

Something in Jergens (the most popular gradual tanner) irritates my skin- I get bumpy and itchy... bleh. So when I saw this in the catalog, I had to try it. LOVE IT. It is VERY gradual, which is great because you don't get an obvious line where you left off and its pretty goof proof. On my super pale skin, it gave me a subtle believable tan. People noticed I looked less pasty, but thought I just spent a weekend outside! The smell is superb; kind of like a citrus but not at all "fermented". Highly recommend!