September 18, 2014 | 1335 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Heather Mauve

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer neutral mid grey brown with a subtle shimmer. I use it as my main lid colour for daytime with Caviar to line. Good staying power and although it seem expensive, you do get a large square of eyeshadow. If your are trying to decide between this and Stone, Stone is less shimmery and more pigmented but exactly the same shade. Buy an empty palette and make your own combo of shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by TrinaD

I bought this shade as a colour match for a discontinued Revlon shade. It looked very similar in store but in natural light the shade lacked depth. No matter, I thought I'd enjoy a twist on my original shade and adapt. I have been disappointed in the product overall. The shadow really doesn't have enough pigment and on my light complexion, makes me looked tired and washed out. I'm not happy with the staying power either. After a few hours, all that remained was a pale glittery lid which offered no enhancement to my blue eyes. I would be reluctant to purchase another shimmer wash eye shadow in any shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

The name is very deceiving. I do not find it anywhere close to a mauve whatsoever. I'd say it's a super shimmery silver purple. I get some fallout and I have no issues with wear but it's just not for me anymore. I like the sleek square packaging and you can see what color your grabbing without turning it over to see the name on the back. This shadow is quite pricey for me for a single shadow but with that said it did last me quite some time. I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by tilleyvonschmilly

I loved the colors of Bobbi Brown's shadows but they are so soft and no matter how much shadow base and translucent powder I put on my lids first, this shadow won't blend properly and goes on blotchy. I get patches of dark and no matter what I do I can't get rid of them. Total waste of money and too bad because the colors are awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This eye shadow makes my hazel eyes look super green. At first I was unsure if I was going to like it, but as the day wore on, I kept looking at my "green" eyes in the mirror.... I would describe the color as a shimmering lilac taupe. Has great staying power; I just dusted a powder foundation on my eyes beforehand, and this stayed on a good while. The only slight issue with wearing a color like this on my super pale skin is that I have to be careful about blush and lip colors, or it will really throw the look off....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Heather Mauve Shimmerwash is not a color that I would have been attracted to in the pan, but I happened to be swiping one of the displays at Sephora, and noticed that this swatched completely different than it looks.

In the pan, it looks like a khaki wheat color with some shimmer... basically, very blah. However, on my skin (light golden tone), the mauve undertones really pick up, and there is a gray-purple tone to it that really complements my dark brown eyes. It's pretty much the most perfect taupe for me to do a wash all over the lid. Today, I am wearing it with a lot of black pencil eyeliner, and it really brings out my eyes without looking over-the-top. It is very work-appropriate while still being unique. I am also going to try it with my Black Mauve shimmer ink gel eyeliner, as I think those will be quite complementary.

I would highly recommend this to anyone with neutral-to-golden complexions, and green, brown, or hazel eyes. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A "dirty" shimmery silver which is ok as a lid colour but just that. In order for it to look good with blue eyes it has to be anchored with a navy or plum in the crease or at the outer corner. It also needs a cool eyeliner because brown just makes it muddy. Not the best of what I have experienced with BB shadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I'm NC30 Asian w/yellow undertones. This is a neutral taupe/grey/slight purple color-similiar to Ulta Mystique and Cargo yukon. Doesn't crease, long wearing, and smooth application, but need to swipe brush a few times to get color payoff but very subtle on skintone. Prefer more color.
Maybe purchase again if Fawn and Stone don't work out. hm...thinking of going back to Cargo Yukon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Usually, I don't buy eyeshadow singles because I prefer the versatility of a palette but this is the exception. I got this because it's similar the the color I use most often in the Dior Seduction Drama palette. This is like an exact match. It's a very flattering shimmery brownish gray. It's a sexy color that can achieve different looks on its own. When I apply all over the lids, it can create a smokey eyes. But for casual days, I just apply up to the crease. It's very flattering for my medium warm complexion and makes my brown eyes pop. The texture is also easy to apply. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shadow, its similar to Stila Diamond Lil but less metallic, shiny and shimmery. Its easier to wear in general, has a touch of brown grey. I would love to find a matte version of this color.