November 28, 2014 | 2077 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - Color Ideal

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by carriehunterx

I always buy this - have done for years - its far superior to other powders in the same price range - looks really natural and light reflective - love the colour too porcelain beige 010

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I purchased this is 10W which is in the lightest intesity family. For over 8yrs I have been using Estee Lauder's Lucidity pressed powder and it's HG for me as well as the Lucidity foundation. For reference I tried and still own Chanel, Dior Forever, Shiseido, Too Faced, LM, and Mac pressed powders and they all sit there because I reach for Lucidity because it's the best, except for Dior's since I use for special occasions it lasts me a very long time Recently I purchased Lancome's Miracle foundation and I must say it's unbelievable, currently my second favorite, Lucidity has a bit more coverage. I purchased the warm tone even though Im cool because I wanted more of a peachy look for the summer, I use a big angeled powder brush from Lancome (the only brush I own from them) I believe it's discontinued. I think this is a good powder but it did not wow me, it's light and gives a natural look, not luminous which is what I love but close enough. The powder does not feel heavy or look cakey, and I hate the small rough sponge that comes with it, if not careful the sharp edges can hurt you, from Lancome I expect a much better quality sponge which went straight to the garbage, they shouldnt even put such ridiculous piece of crap makes Lancome look cheap.
I took 1 lippie off for that and the price which is $35 bucks for the 8.8g!
Lucidity which comes with a luxurious large sponge costs I believe $28 and you get 15g and the powder is amazing, I still like it better than Color Ideal. Bottom line Color Ideal is a good powder and I did like it better than Chanel's....etc, but I will stick to Lucidity because it gives me a luminous finish without a disco ball effect, Color Ideal I will keep for a day where I want more of a semi-matte look. I only used it 4 times as of right now and Im not sure if I will repurchase, I have to love it and right now it's not something that I truly love, maybe within time I will find more positive outcomes from Color Ideal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit November 2010: Unbelievable. Just want to let people know that Maybelline Dream Matte Powder is an EXACT dupe of this for under $10 I have made the switch and use beige medium 2-2.5. :) This powder has a beautiful finish and wears well with minimum oxidation. It is also the only powder I have found that doesn't irritate or break-out my sensitive acne-prone skin. I'm currently wearing it over my LRP sunscreen right now and it works very well - leaves a nice matte, yet dewy finish. Expensive ($43) Cdn.,but worth every penny, will continue to re-purchase. I am NC20/25 for reference, and wear Light 10W in this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by stylemaven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really, really like this powder. It gives me a soft-focus, airbrushed sort of look -- *very* nice!!! I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gives me a matte finish. Yes it is expensive, but doesn't make me an oily mess. Perfect match with the foundation.
Edit: Will not last all day without a touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by yelsel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder. Though a bit on this expensive side, it lasts for a long time and is of high quality. I use Alima mineral foundation in the morning and use this Color Ideal to touch up throughout the day. I swear it really does adjust to the color if my skin! I am neutral/cool and use N2 and C2 in Alima and am about an NW20 in MAC and I have this powder in Medium 10N. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by gaby_flores

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have purchased the Color Ideal foundation and powder combo twice because I absolutely love it! The powder is awesome. My skin looks fresh when I use it. My skin tone is a golden beigey and the sales lady recommended a warm tone for the foundation and a neutral tone for the powder which has more of a pink undertone to counteract the yellow in the foundation and it looks really natural. I love it! You should definitely give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by sultana1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is definitely my favorite powder. Glides on smoothly, does not cake, or look like you are wearing any powder becuase it is so finely milled. I have incredibly oily skin and this keeps most of it at bay though I still have to blot throughout the day. There is no make up that can help with that since it's all hormone based. But, the best thing about this powder is that there is a very minimal color change when my skin gets oily so I don't look like a gross orange streaky mess at the end of the day. I have tried a million powders--all of the Lancome ones plus every other brand. This is the best. I use my own brush, I don't use the sponge. It's absolutely invisible under close inspection and terrible lighting. I love that no one can tell I am wearing it. I highly highly recommend this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by munchkinhead

oohhh so glad I brought this based on reviews here, i tested this in the store and found a perfect match no5 for my nc30-35 skin tone. This glides on beautifully and it feels like ur not wearing any make up. Am using this for my wedding!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

This is a decent product but I think for the price I can find better. The color selection is very small, I am around an NC30 and have olive tones and the best match for me was 10W light. Maybe it does adjust? I use this to set my chanel teint innocence foundation and it does an okay job, but I will not repurchase.