Milani Distinct Lash

4.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

How have I never found this before? New HG mascara.

Was running very low, and hadn't been happy with my usual brand. Found this on clearance for $2.50. Sold. It stays on all day long with no smudging or flaking. It's color is a nice black matte-which I prefer over glossy. It thickens, lengthens and separates more than any other mascara I've ever used. PLUS, when I curl my lashes for nights out-it holds in place! I have very sensitive eyes, and have had no aversions to this. I love it so much I'm going back to stock up while it's on sale.

on 7/14/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I stumbled into this mascara on clearance for $2 while grocery shopping. As I was in need of a new mascara and on a budget (which put Lancome on hold), and was planning to read reviews and experiment with some drugstore brands anyway, so I grabbed it.

I'm new to this brand, but had already fallen in love with their Shadow Eyez pencils, so I pulled up a few reviews and decided I'd nothing to lose and...

HOLY COW!!! This stuff is gorgeous!!! It makes my lashes extremely long, adds realistic looking thickness and defines beautifully. A second coat and your eyes really pop wide open...and it's deep black to boot and flares lashes out a bit with curl!

I love this and it will remain a staple and will hold me over nicely until I can get my beloved Lancome...:-) (or not)

on 10/27/2013 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this mascara! It defines my lashes and lengthens them very well. It holds a curl throughout the day and is easy to remove. I prefer wearing it during the day when I want a more natural look and wear the Milani's runway lash mascara when I want a more dramatic look.

on 1/16/2013 2:40:00 AM

Best mascara for length and volume. Went back to using this after Lash Blast in the bright green tube disappointed me. Don't know why I even strayed. HG!

on 8/24/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It never fails that when I like a product, apparently so does every other woman in my city. Case in point, I went to my local Drug Emporium to buy a new tube of Cover Girl Exact Lash and all that was left was dark brown. Seriously, one freakin' tube!! So grudgingly, I started looking for something that had the same kind of brush. I found that the rubber tipped applicators work better for me than a traditional brush so that's what I went looking for. I first looked at all the typical brands I shop like Revlon, Maybelline, L'Oreal and then I ran across this mascara by Milani. Well, the price wasn't bad so I thought what the heck. Well for ONCE a gamble on my part paid off big time. I LOVE this mascara!! Excellent color saturation, volume, length, and separation. The formula seemed a little wet but nothing i couldn't put up with for how great this mascara is. I think I have a new love....I will say this, my lashes are not naturally long and lush so for this to make such a big difference is really something in my opinion.

on 8/18/2011 6:02:00 PM

This is a wonderful mascara! It has a rich black color that darkens each lash perfectly while lengthening and separating. It really is true to it's word; it really does make each eyelash distinct! The first time I wore it one of my guy friends said my eyes looked bigger! My only complaint is that it tended to flake after a while, and clumped and got all spidery if you let it dry and applied a second coat. But if you apply it just right it'll be perfect. :)

on 9/10/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This was my first mascara ever used when I started getting into makeup and I can definitely say that it was worth every penny. This mascara did what it said my lashes not only look lengthy and stayed separated but was also clump free. I regret not purchasing it again and purchasing the volumising milani mascara which gives me raccoon eyes :(((
and the revlon 3D w/p which leaves my lashes in a clumpy sticky spidey mess flaking all over my face. Once I have cash in hand I'm going straight to the drugstore and purchase this mascara again. I should have stuck with it in the first place having it near as my go-to mascara till I find a mascara which can live up to it and more.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I figured I would try this stuff out because I love all things milani and the price is unbeatable. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or something because it made my eyelashes soo hard that they started to fall out if I touched them! It really scared me! It seems like everyone else loves it though, but my experience was HORRIBLE!

on 10/14/2008 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a lengthening mascara with a thin, angulated, plastic bristled brush--different from all other plastic brush mascaras I've used. It makes it easy to coat even smaller lashes and bottom lashes without smudging on the lids. Holds a curl extremely well; is very black; is clearly for lengthening and separating. In my opinion this is one of the best in this category. I've noticed very tiny flaking on occasion but I haven't nailed it down on a consistent basis--only reason for my 4 rating.

on 4/11/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I'd all but given up on the whole rubber mascara wand because I've tried all of them on the market. The only one I remotely liked was by MAX FACTOR, but only in the deep navy color because it was slightly noticeable. At my local CVS there was a buy one, get one half on all Milani mascaras. I did need some new ones and I figured, well the eyeshadows are pretty awesome for the price, why not try the mascara? I didn't have much hope when I opened the tube and noticed that the wand was rubber. After one coat, I noticed the difference immediately. Still skeptical, I left the one coat to dry, because when you first apply mascara, no matter the brand, it does tend to look pretty wonderful because it darkens the lashes. After waiting a few minutes, I went to look in the mirror and noticed how each individual lash was defined, without the clump (something covergirl lash exact still hasn't done for me yet!). I applied another 2 coats, waiting a few seconds between each coat to allow it to semi dry. While at the very tips, the smaller lashes clumped, I was able to run the brush through again, separating each lash without it becoming more clumpy - INSTANT LOVE. It isn't waterproof, so I still have to test it out, but so far, no flakiness (something I experienced horribly with rubber wand mascaras, rimmel was the worse offender), dryness or clumpiness. And best part? I didn't need to use my bifacil to remove this. It easily came off with soap and water, and NO RACOON EYES (which was a big issue for me with other rubber wand mascaras) I would highly recommend this mascara for day to day use. It dries very fast, easy to apply and really gives length and definition to each lash. The only thing it doesn't do is give volume, but if you're looking for volume, I very much recommend Milani's Build a Lash with the primer -- now that is one excellent mascara.

Top Rated Milani Products